Ross County v Dundee United

I think we'll play very similarly to how we've done so far this season- we're really going for that high press, but against Kilmarnock we ran out of puff in the second half. I don't think United have players who can match Power or Burke, but they do have Shankland.

2-1 win please. I don't think we can defend well enough to not let Shankland or someone else score at least one, but I think the United defence can be got at by Mullin, Mckay or Stewart.

2 hours ago, Comrie said:

I think we'll play very similarly to how we've done so far this season- we're really going for that high press, but against Kilmarnock we ran out of puff in the second half. I don't think United have players who can match Power or Burke, but they do have Shankland.

2-1 win please. I don't think we can defend well enough to not let Shankland or someone else score at least one, but I think the United defence can be got at by Mullin, Mckay or Stewart.

Is the guy Stewart any good? He doesn't look it.

Is the guy Stewart any good? He doesn't look it.

He’s a bit of a key in the County team. Does a lot of the dirty work and is excellent at holding the ball up and linking play. Also very good in the air and fairly strong considering his build.

Is Shankland back for this game? Could be a pretty big deciding factor.

I was personally pretty disappointed with us against Killie. I thought we were really sloppy on the ball and poor decision making cost us another 2 points.

Having watched United against Hibs the other day, United were probably unlucky not to get something out of the game. They pressed Hibs really well in the first half and forced Hibs to hammer a lot of channel balls that didn’t work. Hibs changed shape though and United became a bit unstuck so I can see us matching up in midfield. I can also see Draper keeping his place as I thought he was our best player last night and we need someone to fight with Butcher.

I’m going to be positive and say another game where we don’t lose. If Shankland plays, I think we could have a 1-1 draw but without him I’ll go 1-0 County.

2 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

He reminds me of Brian Graham.

He's heading to Hearts according to the papers.

He's WAY better than Brian Graham.

Big Ross is all about substance over style.

And I thought Hearts had lost £10m by being relegated?

3 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

He reminds me of Brian Graham.

He's heading to Hearts according to the papers.

I’m assuming our friend is trolling, but your comparison is not far off.  I’m a big Brian Graham fan - a complete nightmare to play against.   I think Stewart’s got more about him; I wouldn’t want to see Graham play wide, but Stewart can.  Stewart’s also quicker and can beat a man.

I’d be delighted with a point from this game.  We are gradually easing our way into this league and County have shown that they are a goal threat.

Shankland in would be a bonus but we should not rush him back from an injury; the league has a long way to go.

Mellon seems to be getting more from certain players than his predecessor which is great but I’d like to see Glass given a chance.

Will be signing up for PPV tonight.