Accies vs Buddies - 15/8

1 minute ago, houston_bud said:

I agree that was his best game in a while, I reckon Hamilton's improvement was more down to their changes though with Ogkmpoe and Johnson coming on. 

Agreed it was Hamilton's changes that swung the second half, Moyo was doing sod all and Tait was having an easy afternoon until Johnson appeared. He seemed a real handful but perhaps lacked an end product. Templeton I thought was the only real goal threat for Hamilton and he was well marshalled but we started around 60 mins to give way too many free kicks for him. 

We should have been out of sight in the first half and had to cling on a little bit second half. Just missed a clinical edge in front of goal and that made the last 20 more nervy than it needed to be- we stopped being so adventurous and picking safe balls, 1 up top and wasting time. In saying that Durmas got a couple of good shots away and Obika should have got through twice but for poor touches.

Not going to complain, but that's two games where we really shouldn't have won but took all 3 points anyway.
Last season we played much better and lost an incredible amount of games by 1 goal.

It took us what 9? games to pick up an away win or something ridiculous.

Jim has time to add to the squad, the new wage cap in the lower English leagues will play right into our hands too.

4 minutes ago, Ric said:

Not going to complain, but that's two games where we really shouldn't have won but took all 3 points anyway.

Disagree. I think in both games we weathered pressure 2nd half, but Livi didn't exactly create a huge chance and I think we could have been well out of sight against Accies before HT. 

Michael Stewart bigging up Cammy MacPherson again on the radio. Recommended Jack Ross signing him for Hibs as MS says he's exactly the kind of player they need in the middle of the park. 'koff!
Cammy was much better today, and Sheron did well too, though he was a bit slack with possession at times.

He was in the game in the first half, but did his usual disappearing act in the second and deserved to be hooked. If he wants to be a regular in the starting 11 he needs to raise his game big time for the whole 90 minutes. Living on past glories and the hype and excitement that came with his return to the club, but so far this season he isn't doing it for me
I know what you mean but it's a fresh start this season in weird circumstances. He has had injury issues and everyone needs time to get up to match fitness this season.

He was definitely more involved in the first half than he has been. I think when we play him on the right teams know he will just cut in onto his left.

8 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Michael Stewart bigging up Cammy MacPherson again on the radio. Recommended Jack Ross signing him for Hibs as MS says he's exactly the kind of player they need in the middle of the park. 'koff!

You wouldn't be surprised, but Hibs have a lot there - we'll take Mallan back in that case 

3 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I think when we play him on the right teams know he will just cut in onto his left.

Absolutely right. You could liken him to the way Johnston was for Hamilton today; a real handful until the defence figured out how to handle him. On his day he can be electrifying, but not seeing much evidence so far and I think he needs a few more tools in his toolbag to make himself a proper threat for a whole game

16 minutes ago, DXBBud said:

Absolutely right. You could liken him to the way Johnston was for Hamilton today; a real handful until the defence figured out how to handle him. On his day he can be electrifying, but not seeing much evidence so far and I think he needs a few more tools in his toolbag to make himself a proper threat for a whole game

Being a wee bit critical bud. Agree McAllister has been a big disappointment for a while. I'm quite happy with him today play like that every week his name will be automatic on the team sheet. 

Great result and decent performance. I think so far this season we've come out on the right end of two tight games, when last season it was usually the other way round, so that 8s very pleasing. I completely disagree that we didn't deserve to win against Livi or today either. Both games we created plenty of chances and should have scored more goals. Today was only tight because we weren't 2 or 3 nil up at half time and, to be fair to them, the Hamilton subs changed the game.

Couple of big games coming up against RC and the Saintees. Pick up 2-6 points in those two, and we could be in for a decent season.

I really want it to happen for Morais. Gave everything today, held the ball up well, used it intelligently and worked his fucking arse off and unfortunately all anyone is talking about is how he should have scored at least 2 goals. I honestly thought that apart from his finishing he was our best player today, going forward at least.

45 minutes ago, GAD said:

I really want it to happen for Morais. Gave everything today, held the ball up well, used it intelligently and worked his fucking arse off and unfortunately all anyone is talking about is how he should have scored at least 2 goals. I honestly thought that apart from his finishing he was our best player today, going forward at least.

I reckon he's trying too hard to score rather than just letting it happen naturally. As you said, really good all round performance but really needs to get a goal- if that happens,  I'm sure more will follow.  

Anyway,  massive 3pts today even this early in the season. 

2 of our opening 3 games were at home,against teams we would would expect to be in and around the bottom six. No goals scored and lost both games to poor defensive mistakes

A defence with more holes than Rab C Nesbitt vest, no CB, a keeper that hardly inspires confidence and not scoring is not a good combination

2 difficult games coming up so a potential to lose first 5 games. A lot of young lads in team who may start to lose confidence then we are well and truly fooked.

Its been a great run in PL but think out luck has ran out. Our squad is worse than last year whilst others have improved theirs

Going by the highlights we were well on top in the first half and should probably have been two or three up. Accies definitely the better in the second.

Don't care if we didn't play well, we won and that's all that matters. Would far rather that than the comments from Rice about doing well in the second half, goals will come etc - fed up hearing similar sort of stuff from Saints managers over the years at the start of the season as the goals and results promised rarely came.

Don't care if we didn't play well, we won and that's all that matters. Would far rather that than the comments from Rice about doing well in the second half, goals will come etc - fed up hearing similar sort of stuff from Saints managers over the years at the start of the season as the goals and results promised rarely came.

Rice is a moronic fantasist, nobody takes the shite he waffles on about seriously.