Accies vs Buddies - 15/8

13 hours ago, Wilbur said:

It's early in the league campaign and already this fixture is a really big one for us. A new season, a new squad of players, and a new bucketful of optimism, yet only 2 games into the season I feel as though my bucket has a hole in it already because I've got a gloomy vision of the "same-old, same-old" St Mirren. I genuinely wish JG would plan his team selection, his formation, and his tactics around taking the initiative from the kick off and setting out to win the match rather than aiming at blunting the opposition and playing for a draw or a grimly earned narrow win. A wee bit of adventure and a splash of entertainment has to be better than parking the bus. 

Just saying. 

Think most of us are feeling a bit deflated Wilbur. 

13 hours ago, Ric said:

Not many, I'd say what we have is what we'll be going with. A striker, sure, but any others we add I cannot see them being first team, more covering loan players.

Did St Mirren lose many players?  Seems to me the players they’ve brought in, at least on face value, are decent players who’ll improve the first eleven (as opposed to complimentary players).  I’d have thought they’d be fine this season. 

Edited by Savage Henry

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Did St Mirren lose many players?  Seems to me the players they’ve brought in, at least on face value, are decent players who’ll improve the first eleven (as opposed to complimentary players).  I’d have thought they’d be fine this season. 

We lost about the same as other teams teams this season. I think it's about 8 or 9, of that 3 or 4 were first team starts. Other than McCarthy (CB) it's a new defensive unit (LB, RB, CB, GK). You might know the RB we brought in.. ;)

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

We lost about the same as other teams teams this season. I think it's about 8 or 9, of that 3 or 4 were first team starts. Other than McCarthy (CB) it's a new defensive unit (LB, RB, CB, GK). You might know the RB we brought in.. ;)

How has Fraser got on in the games he's played so far? Has he managed to get forward much?

5 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I’d have thought they’d be fine this season. 

Honestly, we will be. Main concern at the minute is the prospect of a season of utter shitfestery. We have a solid defence, which should be trusted enough that we can allow the forward players to be a bit more ambitious. 

We were perhaps a bit defensive against Livi, especially when we went a goal up and had something to hang onto. We did come into it more when Morais came on and we got an out ball more, could have been more comfortable if he had taken the virtually open goal! Rangers look on it at the moment - we did go super negative, particularly given Sheron was ineffective, but I don't think many teams will have the quality to go to Ibrox and cause issues- without conceding at the other end that is. 

Tomorrow is perhaps the acid test. If we are too defensive via Hamilton, fail to support Obika well enough and lose then meltdown central will be here! 

1 hour ago, flyingscot said:

Tomorrow is perhaps the acid test. If we are too defensive via Hamilton, fail to support Obika well enough and lose then meltdown central will be here! 

Watching Bayern Munich in that first half tonight you can see how easy this game can be. I'll be content if we can play as well as Munich have tonight. Four goals before half time tomorrow will please me.

👍

Went on the Hamilton site and it was dead easy to get the game pass.  I have a countdown clock ticking (5 hours 35 mins and some seconds) all seemed really quick and easy.

Luddite question for those who have used their site before:  Is it easy enough to ping it from my phone to my telly if I'm using a Amazon box?  If I am watching youtube on my phone i get the option to send it to the TV.  Is it the same for the football?  

TIA

DrS

1 minute ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

Went on the Hamilton site and it was dead easy to get the game pass.  I have a countdown clock ticking (5 hours 35 mins and some seconds) all seemed really quick and easy.

Luddite question for those who have used their site before:  Is it easy enough to ping it from my phone to my telly if I'm using a Amazon box?  If I am watching youtube on my phone i get the option to send it to the TV.  Is it the same for the football?  

TIA

DrS

There was an option to cast on St. Mirren TV for game vs Livi.

No reason why there shouldn't be for Accies TV given it's the same provider.

Win would be fantastic, to go six points above Accies after three games would be quite the start. As with every away game in this league though, I’d take a point.

Go for a cagey 0-0 and meltdowns aplenty.

We lost mainly bit part squad players but 4 out of 5 of the defence three of which were loan players. The three back four replacements look better than what we had, the full backs in particular. Hladky was a big loss but Alnwick looks a good replacement.

Biggest problem is up front where we only have one striker in Obika and I am maybe in a minority but I think he is pretty poor on his own. We desperately need at least two more strikers otherwise I can see us having a season of 0-0 draws.

2 minutes ago, ron said:

Have registered and have signed in to the countdown page but where the feck do you actually pay for the game?

IIRC there's a blue square to register payment method or something like that.