Accies vs Buddies - 15/8

Couldn't see a thread.

Saints travel through to Hamilton on Saturday, a fixture that historically has caused us a lot of issues and a ground where up until last season, I don't remember seeing us win at. 

Celtic game being off is a bit of a reluctant blessing as it means we've avoided 2 doings in 4 days and after watching Accies a wee bit on Saturday, they look like same old organised Accies but with a forward line who are maybe still trying to gel and find their feet. Hopefully our relatively solid (?) defence will get a clean sheet here.

As an aside, I've had a hell of a time trying to register on Accies PPV site. Everything I enter, every browser I register through and regardless of what I enter, it doesn't let me get set up because of the following error:

image.thumb.png.bba247d8219b3285bb335cb080034dc9.png

Email fired off to the telly team today, hopefully they sort it out in good time.

Give us the low down on Access tv guy's. On the game we have a strong back line. At the moment a weak midfield going by our last two games. Up front not very much. So could this turn out to be a exciting 0 - 0 draw or is home advantage going to edge the three points for Hamilton I think it will be one of the two. 

Usual rampant negativity among some of our fans. Way too early to judge the team but my thoughts are we look stronger up front this year with plenty of options and if we can get Temps fit and keep him fit, and that's a big if, we'll cause teams plenty of problems. Negatives are, we still lack a creative midfielder a problem we have had since Ali Crawford left and our defence lacks experience without Easton. Fulton has had loads of stick over the goal he lost last week but he had some really good saves in the two games we've played, again I'll reserve judgement on him. It'll be a tight game on Saturday so I predict a draw.

39 minutes ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

It'll be a tight game on Saturday so I predict a draw.

Yeah, this has goalless draw written all over it.

I'm glad we're going into it off the back of one absolute pumping, as opposed to two. The nature of our two performances so far, despite one being a win, has left me on a bit of a downer. Our game is stifling and un-expansive. We have the personnel to play with more width and to get players in and around Obika/the box, but we don't seem to do it. Perhaps a switch to 4-4-2 is needed, but I think we'd get roasted through the middle in the majority of games if we did that, and it would see one of our better performers so far, Jamie McGrath, miss out/get played out of position.

I may yet do PPV for this.

7 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Yeah, this has goalless draw written all over it.

I'm glad we're going into it off the back of one absolute pumping, as opposed to two. The nature of our two performances so far, despite one being a win, has left me on a bit of a downer. Our game is stifling and un-expansive. We have the personnel to play with more width and to get players in and around Obika/the box, but we don't seem to do it. Perhaps a switch to 4-4-2 is needed, but I think we'd get roasted through the middle in the majority of games if we did that, and it would see one of our better performers so far, Jamie McGrath, miss out/get played out of position.

I may yet do PPV for this.

Only 2 games in, and losing to Rangers is nothing to be bothered by. I’d say go back to the positivity after the team president predicted top 6.

Here is the easiest way to watch the game for Saints fans. 1/ go to Saints offical web site the Hamilton v St Mirren page. Click the link to watch this game. Then it's a simple register and pay. I wrongly tried to purchase the game from Hamilton's official site. I registered there but could not purchase the ppv game. 

Here is the easiest way to watch the game for Saints fans. 1/ go to Saints offical web site the Hamilton v St Mirren page. Click the link to watch this game. Then it's a simple register and pay. I wrongly tried to purchase the game from Hamilton's official site. I registered there but could not purchase the ppv game. 
How much are Accies charging ?

35 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, ZingaliMan said:

How much are Accies charging ?

£15 expensive compared to us even Rangers TV. You want to watch your team what to do. Free streaming is out there but it's a hit and a miss. So I go through offical channels.  

This should be a far better indicator of where both teams lie. We've both played on the OF and come off worse, both have had a game postponed and had a week to prepare and both have not had a couple of games under our collective belts to get match sharp. I doubt there will be many new faces being added to either team, so what they go with is likely to be their lineup at least until the Winter transfer window.

If I had to make a guess, I'd like to think our more experienced defensive back line will prevail here, although if we are stopping them scoring I can't promise we'll be prolific up front. One goal in it, away win.

This should be a far better indicator of where both teams lie. We've both played on the OF and come off worse, both have had a game postponed and had a week to prepare and both have not had a couple of games under our collective belts to get match sharp. I doubt there will be many new faces being added to either team, so what they go with is likely to be their lineup at least until the Winter transfer window.
If I had to make a guess, I'd like to think our more experienced defensive back line will prevail here, although if we are stopping them scoring I can't promise we'll be prolific up front. One goal in it, away win.
You seriously don't think we will add more players in this window given it's still open for weeks yet ?

Liked the look of Winter for Hamilton, he looks like yet another decent prospect coming through at Hamilton.
I would hope that Goodwin gets another striker in sooner rather later so we can have options and possibly even go 4-4-2 instead of 4-5-1. I would also hope we don’t see McPherson on the right side of the midfield again. In the meantime I think McGrath is a good option in behind Obika, the issue in the team mainly lies with who to play on the right wing. McAllister ought to use the start of this season to return to the form he had while Jack Ross was manager otherwise I’d say he’s first to get put on the bench as shown on Sunday.

It's early in the league campaign and already this fixture is a really big one for us. A new season, a new squad of players, and a new bucketful of optimism, yet only 2 games into the season I feel as though my bucket has a hole in it already because I've got a gloomy vision of the "same-old, same-old" St Mirren. I genuinely wish JG would plan his team selection, his formation, and his tactics around taking the initiative from the kick off and setting out to win the match rather than aiming at blunting the opposition and playing for a draw or a grimly earned narrow win. A wee bit of adventure and a splash of entertainment has to be better than parking the bus. 

Just saying. 

3 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

You seriously don't think we will add more players in this window given it's still open for weeks yet ?

Not many, I'd say what we have is what we'll be going with. A striker, sure, but any others we add I cannot see them being first team, more covering loan players.