Betfred Cup - Group C

Looking forward to seeing how Rooney does against Premiership opposition in his natural position. Thought he was good against Brechin. 

Friday night worked out perfectly for the manager regards the midfield as well; McCann comes back in and delivers his best performance of the season, keeping himself fresh, and now Bryson is raring to go for these next couple of matches.

Up front is going to be the most interesting aspect of his selection.

9 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Anyone know if it's easy to unsubscribe from the Premier Sports monthly?

Apparently it can be a nightmare, but I've zero experience with it. Can purchase a month but seen comments that they just renew it every month.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/premiersportsdirect.com

I'll just be trying to find a stream, and if not then it should be replayed on Saints TV later in the week. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Apparently it can be a nightmare, but I've zero experience with it. Can purchase a month but seen comments that they just renew it every month.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/premiersportsdirect.com

I'll just be trying to find a stream, and if not then it should be replayed on Saints TV later in the week. 

Wow, I think that's the worst set of reviews I've ever seen. Cheers. 

Like you will be looking for a stream unfortunately.

Yes need the points here to finish as one of the seeded teams, assuming we can do enough to qualify over the next two matches.  That way we can avoid Celtic/ rangers in the next round.... and inevitably draw one of them in the quarter final instead!

Potentially tough match for Peterhead at Kelty, a Kelty win would be good for us.  Be good to see May get a goal or two over the next couple of matches, as he's sitting top equal scorer for the competition so far.  He was quiet on Saturday, and Kane looked good when he came on, but still expect a similar starting 11, with Bryson in for McCann and Rooney in for Danny Mac.

Edited by PauloPerth

9 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Yes need the points here to finish as one of the seeded teams, assuming we can do enough to qualify over the next two matches.  That way we can avoid Celtic/ rangers in the next round.... and inevitably draw one of them in the quarter final instead!

Potentially tough match for Peterhead at Kelty, a Kelty win would be good for us.  Be good to see May get a goal or two over the next couple of matches, as he's sitting top equal scorer for the competition so far.  He was quiet on Saturday, and Kane looked good when he came on, but still expect a similar starting 11, with Bryson in for McCann and Rooney in for Danny Mac.

Yep. 'Only' the league cup but the chance to keep up an unbeaten run, build more home form and pick out an easier route to later rounds. With a bit of luck, depending in the vaccine, staying in the competition longer gives fans a better chance of  seeing live football to make up some of the games we've missed. Should be straight swaps as you say and Bryson's not looking like much of a downgrade, if any. Rooney I've honestly no idea about but we're going to need a replacement for Danny next year so the more game time the better. 

A win without injuries tonight please and 'mon the Kelty. Even a draw there gives us a bit of flexibility with the squad on Saturday. 

20 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Anybody know if you can see into Keltys ground from the street...asking for a friend 😎

The only realistic way of watching a game at Kelty is to 'break into' the school grounds and watch over the wall.

This would be restricted due to the new stand, so you'd be effectively watching from a corner.

12 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

6 changes for saints tonight

Oh, this game again!

Well 2 are certain - Bryson and Rooney. Have a suspicion he'll start Booth and rest Tanser who I think must have played every league game this year?

CD said that Melamed would be involved and I think May might be rested, but would be surprised if he started. I'm going Hendry. 

I think Spoony will be rested, so MOH in on the left (or maybe he'll switch Conway). 

That's only 5 so let's go with a keeper swap which seems to be the way of modern managers for cup games. 

Parish

Rooney  Kerr Gordon McCart Booth

Bryson Davidson

Conway Hendry MOH

What's my score?

Oh, this game again!
Well 2 are certain - Bryson and Rooney. Have a suspicion he'll start Booth and rest Tanser who I think must have played every league game this year?
CD said that Melamed would be involved and I think May might be rested, but would be surprised if he started. I'm going Hendry. 
I think Spoony will be rested, so MOH in on the left (or maybe he'll switch Conway). 
That's only 5 so let's go with a keeper swap which seems to be the way of modern managers for cup games. 
                             Parish
                Bryson Davidson
            Conway Hendry MOH

What's my score?

6 right

7 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:
11 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:
Oh, this game again!
                             Parish
                Bryson Davidson
            Conway Hendry MOH

What's my score?

6 right

If I did gifs I'd post something suitably celebratory. 

3 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:
3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:
Parish
Rooney - Kerr - McCart - Booth
Conway - Bryson - Davidson - Wotherspoon 
Kane - Hendry
Is that 6 changes?

What about if I swap Booth for Tanser, then Conway for MOH?

Happy its two up front, they isolated May well last time, so hopefully more central players will resolve that.

Even if it fails, nice to see the manager trying to rectify an issue.