Betfred Cup - Group C

4 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

They’re definitely there in person. Peterhead’s goal was completely missed by the camera - which was on the centre circle - but they knew it was in and commentated on it as normal. The issue is that the audio is gubbed on this and has been intermittent at best from the start!

Ah, ok. Some, if not all, of the championship commentators using Pixellot are commentating off the camera feed. Different setup though

Just now, PauloPerth said:

This company won a contract to cover matches based on technology that is not fit for purpose.  

Because they guaranteed they could cover 100% of matches, which guarantees these clubs an income source until restrictions are lifted.

Clubs could either risk missing games and get someone in, or risk Pixellot being shit for a bit but show every match.

Its surely not hard to see why clubs, in the middle of the pandemic, chose it?

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Because they guaranteed they could cover 100% of matches, which guarantees these clubs an income source until restrictions are lifted.

Clubs could either risk missing games and get someone in, or risk Pixellot being shit for a bit but show every match.

Its surely not hard to see why clubs, in the middle of the pandemic, chose it?

I'm criticising the provider, not the clubs.

Saints the only team to progress from the group. Good effort from Peterhead, the draw with kelty is probably what cost them, though 8 points from a group containing two premiership teams is still a great return. They look a decent side.

For Saints, we'll be unseeded in the next round and as far as I can tell, we'll  be drawn against one of the following:-

Aberdeen

Celtic

Motherwell

Rangers

Hearts

Dunfermline

Livingston

Hibs/ Dundee/ Ross County

Disappointing all round today, thought we competed without threatening 1st half but were never in it 2nd half. This is the first game we have used the streaming system under the lights & was very difficult to make out what was going on at times, 1st pen i presume Jason was doing a bit of holding or something which he is guilty off, tried rewinding it nut still could not see it, "nd one i presume was a challenge on the edge of the box but again not easily seen, the 3rd goal i presumed was in when the players stopped then to add insult to injury while i was rewinding the recording to see that we must have score with the og which i did not know anything about it until i looked up the other results on the BBC. The commentary was also a first attempt by a couple volunteers who i felt sorry for as it was breaking up quite a bit which would have needed a technical fix. We are missing what i would think will be important players just now a pity the lads did not really do themselves justice today hopefully we can pick ourselves up & find some form in the league. Saints worthy winners a pity we could not show them our usual hospitality off the park. 

Technical issues spoiled it for the commentary team.  Personally speaking, all I'm looking for when it is volunteers who are not actual commentators is that they don't spoil my enjoyment of the game and inform on what's happening.  I've heard commentators this season who just want to sit and chat there way through a match feeling they have to fill every second with noise whilst a game is going on in the background.

I thought the main commentator was fine on this today when the audio was working.  The vast majority of input from the co-commentator was lost due to his mic cutting out.

15 minutes ago, Costanza said:

We'll draw Celtic Paolo, no point thinking any more about it.

Was thinking about this earlier!

The number of draws we've gone into excited over the past 3 years only to get it destroyed by drawing Celtic. We'll probably draw rangers for a bit of variety.  Dunfermline would be great (or Dundee if they win tomorrow).

8 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Was thinking about this earlier!

The number of draws we've gone into excited over the past 3 years only to get it destroyed by drawing Celtic. We'll probably draw rangers for a bit of variety.  Dunfermline would be great (or Dundee if they win tomorrow).

Good luck in the next round. Not sure how the prize money works out in this but sadly that is all there is to gain this season. Today sort of summed it up playing an SPL team at home with a few decent results behind us it should have been an exciting event for us with a decent crowd & a buzz about the place. As it was apart from the result there is no real excitement sitting in front of a computer at home, the coverage we get is i suppose better than nothing but as someone that went to all home & away games its a big miss being there.

3 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Good luck in the next round. Not sure how the prize money works out in this but sadly that is all there is to gain this season. Today sort of summed it up playing an SPL team at home with a few decent results behind us it should have been an exciting event for us with a decent crowd & a buzz about the place. As it was apart from the result there is no real excitement sitting in front of a computer at home, the coverage we get is i suppose better than nothing but as someone that went to all home & away games its a big miss being there.

Same for us. We have a poor away following to most away games, but when we draw a team from a different league away in a cup Saints fans love to make a day of it, and I think we would have brought 1000+ up for this.  

All the best for the rest of the season.