Betfred Cup - Group C

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think clubs had a choice between committing to Pixellot, or committing to someone being available to film every game.

Affording both isn't easy with the equipment needed etc.

You surely go for the one that guarantees you can show every match, and the income that brings, rather than your camera man contracting Covid and you having a blackout for 2 weeks.

I assume this company provide all the gear and take the subs etc and provide the online platform. But do they have to insist on the AI camera? Surely that can be overridden?

3-0 - not that we knew because the camera missed the ball going past the keeper and the audio cut out again!

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think clubs had a choice between committing to Pixellot, or committing to someone being available to film every game.

Affording both isn't easy with the equipment needed etc.

You surely go for the one that guarantees you can show every match, and the income that brings, rather than your camera man contracting Covid and you having a blackout for 2 weeks.

No point showing games if you miss the goals. 

4 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

I assume this company provide all the gear and take the subs etc and provide the online platform. But do they have to insist on the AI camera? Surely that can be overridden?

3-0 - not that we knew because the camera missed the ball going past the keeper and the audio cut out again!

It cant be overridden as standard. The Championship clubs are getting joysticks and operators to override it, but no idea about the lower league clubs. They've actually paid for the system themselves

4 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Neither the commentary nor the camera made it clear whether that was a goal or not. Quite astounding.

Most likely, the commentators are watching the footage from teh camera rather than the game

4 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

This is genuinely a fucking joke. I know is only a tenner but how can they charge for this pish? 

Because they need to survive and they can't do that without fans paying money.

Folk need to get a grip here, its shite but its a part time side trying to survive, its not their fault this is all they can afford just now.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Folk need to get a grip here, its shite but its a part time side trying to survive, its not their fault this is all they can afford just now.

Bollocks.

Junior clubs can cover matches at a hundred times the standard of this.

Occasional lapses are one thing, this is a shambles.

3 minutes ago, Mr X said:

It cant be overridden as standard. The Championship clubs are getting joysticks and operators to override it, but no idea about the lower league clubs. They've actually paid for the system themselves

Most likely, the commentators are watching the footage from teh camera rather than the game

They’re definitely there in person. Peterhead’s goal was completely missed by the camera - which was on the centre circle - but they knew it was in and commentated on it as normal. The issue is that the audio is gubbed on this and has been intermittent at best from the start!

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah, you're right. Just got a bit wound up there. I don't grudge them the cash, just want better technology. 

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

Bollocks.

Junior clubs can cover matches at a hundred times the standard of this.

Occasional lapses are one thing, this is a shambles.

How many Junior sides are streaming live 3 days a week?