Betfred Cup - Group C

We have a small squad and there hasn't been much rotation at times but disappointed the manager felt the need to make so many changes. Thought it told in what was our poorest home performance of the season. 

In saying that, we had 15 shots to their 4 shots and Clark hasn't had a save to make. But with each passing game, it gets harder to keep saying the goals will come. The downturn in the form of Callum Hendry has been especially disappointing. 

Make no mistake, Saturday will be a hard match. To not qualify from the position we were in ahead of tonight's game would be a bit of a disaster and a financial blow.

Oh, and will they please practice some fucking penalties. 

9 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

The gameplan for Saturday is very simple and I'm sure that Callum will be drumming it into his players as we speak. Draw with Peterhead, win on penalties, send United out of the cup.

West Germany v Austria 1982 world cup type game incoming 

Great stuff. @Blue-Toon

Saints can't take any risks with the team selection tomorrow, it has to be the strongest side against a team that have won 7/9 home games since the group stage format was introduced. 

Frustrating that we've blown the chance of being seeded but imperative they don't miss out on progression. 

It's fairly predictable that in a season where we're not allowed to go to matches we finally get to play in the group stage at grounds I've never watched Saints at before; Kelty and Peterhead.

Its just part of the routine now watching games online, and for regular league matches against teams we play all the time I just get on with it, but a winner takes all group decider away from home against a lower league team on a Saturday afternoon would have been magic. Throw in Scotland's result on Thursday and I think there would have been an even bigger buzz about heading up for a good thousand or so Saints fans.

It's days out like tomorrow would have been that I miss the most.

That formation is either going to work a treat, or we'll be awful, I'm saying now that there's no in between. Also Michael O'Halloran owes this team a performance, he really should be realising he's one of our highest earners, approaching 30 and isn't contributing anything to the team currently. He also doesn't have the Tommy "must re-sign players" Wright safety net he might of had before. 

He's got 6 months to earn a new deal at saints and frankly in the last 18 months he's not done anywhere near enough, chance in attitude needed and a cold, wet and windy game in Peterhead is really going to show his attitude right up!