Pre Season

Redondo

Interested to hear how teams are planning for the restart assuming leagues get the go ahead in October.

I see on twitter some teams have already began there pre season a few weeks ago? It seems the majority of ammie teams have been training but have all started a pre season schedule or are you building up to that and then kicking on from start of next month?

Think most players would agree that pre season is not the best part of a season so not sure most would be up for a 10-12 week schedule. 

Also do we think we will be allowed local friendlies from the 11th of sept and do we honestly think we will get the go ahead in October? 

some teams arent even bothering to hide there rule breaking just seen one off the castelmilk teams saying they hud 22 at training that is just stupid and these idiots will hold all teams back do they not understand what the rules are on numbers allowed

I think people are getting way ahead of themselves. I can't see 20 plus bodies being allowed inside a dressing room anytime soon ie this year. If we get the go ahead to return, then there will likely be rules in place around players having to turn up ready to play I would imagine. 

It's going to be a nightmare.

The semi pro game, has even more obstacles. They rely on their gate revenue and revenue from the social clubs to fund them, how are they going to get started when they can't get punters into their games and social clubs?

It's a minefield with more questions than answers at the moment.

It's getting beyond a joke really . They're just making it up as they go . If they're was a spike within a team or region then fair enough but to cancel training because of the stupidity of professionals is a disgrace and you can go and sit in the boozer all day . Shambles

What a ridiculous situation Putting an edict out at 5.30 pm that must be adhered to immediately. They gave the Aberdeen pubs more notice to close in a lockdown What an absolute farce and it’s stupid decisions like this that will put people off adhering to the rules.

16 hours ago, Rab-1990 said:

It's getting beyond a joke really . They're just making it up as they go . If they're was a spike within a team or region then fair enough but to cancel training because of the stupidity of professionals is a disgrace and you can go and sit in the boozer all day . Shambles

Guys paying their tenners every week doesn't stick money into the Treasury to the level of alcohol duty. There's your answer right there.

Edited by Crazy Feet

Aye we did have 22 at training. Bibbed and working in small groups as permitted by the guidelines. Never used any showering/changing facilities.

Not that we need to justify ourselves to anyone. But if you wanted to ask the question then you could have messaged us [emoji1360]

All the best

some teams arent even bothering to hide there rule breaking just seen one off the castelmilk teams saying they hud 22 at training that is just stupid and these idiots will hold all teams back do they not understand what the rules are on numbers allowed

4 hours ago, Sempy13 said:

Aye we did have 22 at training. Bibbed and working in small groups as permitted by the guidelines. Never used any showering/changing facilities.

Not that we need to justify ourselves to anyone. But if you wanted to ask the question then you could have messaged us emoji1360.png

All the best

the guidelines clearly say yous are not aloud  to have any more than 15 training this includes coaches and from no more than 5 households so you clearly broke the rules cos you dont understand them its things like this that every1 loses out i wasnt having a go cos you clearly dont understand what the rules were but if you run a team you need to know what they are 

Alot has been said about teams breaking the rules , not following guidelines etc but lets be honest here, it is very difficult to 100% follow them down to the letter of the law especially at our level.

There are guidelines and 'rules' in my workplace that are not getting adhered to on a daily basis so i hink alot of people need to stop taking the moral high ground on this 1 as it near on impossible to get through daily life without breaching the measures at some point!

For me it was inevitable that some teams would do there own thing and hopefully this suspension wont go on any longer than the 24th when hopefully contact training can resume. In hinesight maybe the government shouldnt have bothered with the small group training guidelines and just went straight to normal training.

Alot has been said about teams breaking the rules , not following guidelines etc but lets be honest here, it is very difficult to 100% follow them down to the letter of the law especially at our level.
There are guidelines and 'rules' in my workplace that are not getting adhered to on a daily basis so i hink alot of people need to stop taking the moral high ground on this 1 as it near on impossible to get through daily life without breaching the measures at some point!
For me it was inevitable that some teams would do there own thing and hopefully this suspension wont go on any longer than the 24th when hopefully contact training can resume. In hinesight maybe the government shouldnt have bothered with the small group training guidelines and just went straight to normal training.
Your post probably covers most of the reasons why training has been paused.

How difficult is it??? Just dont do it.

Just dont do what?
Train? Yeah that probably should have been the original decision then it would have saved having to suspend it again.  

Just dont break the rules?? You say it was too difficult not to. It wasnt really becayss the vast majority of teams were sticking to the rules. Teams playing friendlies using dressing rooms, others putting poctures of 20 guys training all together, posting requests for referees. Along with Aberdeen, Celtic, Hibs, Motherwell and Rangers they're the ones who shafted everyone.

I Couldnt agree more. I follow a few local Amateur teams and the one on my door step never stopped training at all. Right the way through all this. Then started posting pictures of maybe 20 people all training and certainly not socially distancing and certain plenty of contact.

I meet one of the boys who plays with them at the bookies who moaned about the celtic c**t ruining it for everyone. I certainly left thinking to myself, you can't be serious.

Just dont break the rules?? You say it was too difficult not to. It wasnt really becayss the vast majority of teams were sticking to the rules. Teams playing friendlies using dressing rooms, others putting poctures of 20 guys training all together, posting requests for referees. Along with Aberdeen, Celtic, Hibs, Motherwell and Rangers they're the ones who shafted everyone.

And tbh I do not agree with the strict training rules for clubs. It must be safer than other activities that's allowed but the government and sfa were clear. Stick to the rules or lose out. Football as a whole only have themselves to blame

I Couldnt agree more. I follow a few local Amateur teams and the one on my door step never stopped training at all. Right the way through all this. Then started posting pictures of maybe 20 people all training and certainly not socially distancing and certain plenty of contact.

I meet one of the boys who plays with them at the bookies who moaned about the celtic c**t ruining it for everyone. I certainly left thinking to myself, you can't be serious.

1 hour ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

Thats just bonkers if the case!

Im pretty sure most teams will have attempted to follow protocols and implemented a new way of training but probably realised that not everyone was doing it and nobody was enforcing it so these 'rules' would have been breached.

Dont see how there gonna open it back up to small group sessions again so that means itll be full contact 'all in' training. Will that be on the 24th , im not sure now?

The Government & JRG's next move/advice is one that will have massive bearing on whether or no we have some kind of season to look forward. If we dont get competitive football up and running in October then imo we can forget it and start planning for summer football next year.

I’m similar minded, there is no way football will start in January and if it doesn’t go in October then you can forget it till next summer and that will result in loads of lower level football clubs going to the wall and never returning It will also see thousands of players not returning to the game. We need to adjust our lives to live with this virus as it’s not going away We can’t shut down society for ever and we can’t wait on a vaccine that may never come. October sees the end of the furlough scheme and everybody who has a job will need to get back to working What are they going to do to avoid the virus because lots of workplaces can’t or won’t because of costs, be able to socially distance.
We have not had a death in the last month however we will have especially over the winter If you want to avoid it stay home, don’t go near anybody and buy everything you need on line How ridiculous does that really sound?