COVID-19 In Scottish Football

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

Add in the fact that we will lose up to 3 players in January to the AFCON. 2 of which have been our best two performers recently.

You would have possibly been without them for 2 weeks anyway. This is possibly just 1 further week, count yourselves lucky that the ACON landed on our Winter break at all.

Reading back through the last 4 pages is interesting,  Rangers said this/Rangers are doing this/Rangers are wanting this. As far as I can see Rangers haven't said or done anything here (unless I've missed a statement) to merit this hysteria. 

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

You would have possibly been without them for 2 weeks anyway. This is possibly just 1 further week, count yourselves lucky that the ACON landed on our Winter break at all.

Indeed, but depending on when the Aberdeen and Celtic games get rearranged for then we’d lose them for 2 of our most important matches of the season that they otherwise would’ve been available for.

10 minutes ago, G51 said:

Yup. We’ll vote for our own self-interest, same as every other club will.

"Self-interest" implies a lack of regard for others. If the motivation is wanting to play matches with fans then that isn't self-interest, it's a common interest shared by every club. Seeking to gain a sporting advantage at the expense of others is self-interest.

Edited by DC92

Just now, DC92 said:

"Self-interest" implies a lack of regard for others. If the motivation is wanting to play matches with fans then that isn't self-interest, it's a common interest shared by every club. Wanting a sporting advantage which no-one else will have is self-interest.

The reason clubs want fans in is for their financial situation. If it didn’t make any difference to their bottom line, they wouldn’t care (except the fan owned clubs).

That’s self-interest.

1 minute ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

Am I correct in saying that if we lose 3 players to International duty for the ACON then we can also request a postponment of our games?

I believe so. Whether the SPFL are required to accept the request, I don’t know.

Just now, KnightswoodVanBear said:

Am I correct in saying that if we lose 3 players to International duty for the ACON then we can also request a postponment of our games?

We can request postponement, but the SPFL Board would have to grant it and could refuse the request.

I doubt we’d ask for it, congestion is going to be bad enough.

Just now, KnightswoodVanBear said:

G7 A Club shall be entitled to apply to the Board for the postponement of any Official Match where three or more of its Players who would otherwise have participated in such match are unavailable through international selection and, following receipt of such an application, the Board may postpone and rearrange the relevant Official Match in accordance with Rule G3

4 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Yet Celtic are the ones wanting the fixture changed 

you haven’t beaten us in over 2 full years . What do we have to be scared about ?

Locked out fans out earlier in the season, and want to make sure it’s the same

Also cut out allocation after a few pumpings

I think you’re worried normal service will soon resume. 

RFC have went from arguing it’s fans shouldn’t be locked out last year to this year apparently happy for stadiums to be closed.

As I said… shitebags 

6 minutes ago, G51 said:

The reason clubs want fans in is for their financial situation. If it didn’t make any difference to their bottom line, they wouldn’t care (except the fan owned clubs).

That’s self-interest.

This doesn't address my argument at all.

Self-interest implies a lack of regard for others. There is no lack of regard for others in wanting restrictions lifted because it benefits everyone. That's how football clubs make their money. It's a common interest.

Rangers want a sporting advantage at the expense of others. That is self-interest.

Edited by DC92

11 minutes ago, bennett said:

Reading back through the last 4 pages is interesting,  Rangers said this/Rangers are doing this/Rangers are wanting this. As far as I can see Rangers haven't said or done anything here (unless I've missed a statement) to merit this hysteria. 

I'm sure when sevco get around to making a statement it will be glorious..🍿