COVID-19 In Scottish Football

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

Sure, I know we all got them last season when the world had gone to shite - but I thought that all clubs now did this from day 1 this season - in part as the rules had not been changed to stop it, and in part to accomodate supporters who were still wary of the plague and preferred to use their ST from the comfort of their house.

Maybe Rangers and Celtic made different arrangements - tbqhwy I would be slightly pissed off if I had a ST for one of those teams and was not enjoying the same potential (and free) benefits as everyone else..............

It very well could still be but obviously with going to games against this season I am a bit out the loop and would need to look into it again this season . But the usual with us is home live games are available to RTV viewers outside UK. In uk you get a re - run of the game . Not sure if it’s maybe something to do with SPFl licensing or something which I’m guessing might slightly differ for us and Celtic 

21 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Why does it suit Sevco to go against the rest of the clubs?

I've already explained why it may suit them to do so.

Let's also be clear here, Rangers have not yet made any official comment on the matter. I suspect the reports will be correct and they will oppose it, though.

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

So you think the 9 other clubs care about that? 

These clubs will vote for what’s in their own best interest, let’s not pretend Rangers aren’t doing the same

Im not pretending, but the waffle you spouted about giving it the best chance of getting crowds back was utter fucking guff, if the teams swapped positions you wouldnt give a f**k about your ticket and the rest of the fans, 

2 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

It very well could still be but obviously with going to games against this season I am a bit out the loop and would need to look into it again this season . But the usual with us is home live games are available to RTV viewers outside UK. In uk you get a re - run of the game . Not sure if it’s maybe something to do with SPFl licensing or something which I’m guessing might slightly differ for us and Celtic 

From your site re the virtual ST- maybe I am wrong about the derby as its on Sky, but looks like all your other ones are available.

"SPFL Premiership matches played at Ibrox in season 2021/22 and not selected for coverage Sky will be available to supporters in the UK. Supporters in England will not be able to view matches played at 3pm on a Saturday."

3 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Stay on topic please. Tell me more about Ms Sturgeon’s chickens.

Tell Me More Shirley Maclaine GIF

🐓🐓

I don’t think he realises he’s being down voted for shite posts, not his political ravings… Hopefully he provides a chicken based update soon.

On topic, dastardly Celtic have stolen the votes of the 9 other clubs for their dastardly plan to temporarily curtail the season.

6 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Im not pretending, but the waffle you spouted about giving it the best chance of getting crowds back was utter fucking guff, if the teams swapped positions you wouldnt give a f**k about your ticket and the rest of the fans, 

It's interesting that he accepted that "clubs will vote for what’s in their own best interest", yet he now seems to have an issue that Rangers may vote for what's in their own best interest all because it goes against what other clubs want? 

18 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Relegating these clubs and ensuring their survival seems a more preferable option than watching them and others possibly die and never ever return don’t you agree? Silly question you would rather bury them so long as it serves you interest. 

And let’s not pretend you give a f**k about Hearts or their opinion who coincidentally are voting against you this time around. 

Oh aye I remember hearts and thistle banging on Celtic and the SPFL’s door desperate to thank them at the time for the blessing that was relegation.

21 minutes ago, AJF said:

I've already explained why it may suit them to do so.

Let's also be clear here, Rangers have not yet made any official comment on the matter. I suspect the reports will be correct and they will oppose it, though.

What is your own view (apologies I haven’t read everything back) 

19 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

From your site re the virtual ST- maybe I am wrong about the derby as its on Sky, but looks like all your other ones are available.

"SPFL Premiership matches played at Ibrox in season 2021/22 and not selected for coverage Sky will be available to supporters in the UK. Supporters in England will not be able to view matches played at 3pm on a Saturday."

That certainly makes much more sense and is a good change . I think the part about England is what pre Covid they used to just apply to the whole UK for some reason . Again was probably down to licensing laws I can’t pretend to have any idea about  

1 minute ago, 54_and_counting said:

But here is the thing the roles aren’t reversed and they never seem to be reversed. That isn’t the reality of the situation you are facing so all of this shoe on the foot shite is just that….shite. 

You honestly want to see your team playing behind closed doors again? Of course you don’t. I thought you lot were all about the blood and thunder or was that the pre-2012 fan? 

Just now, AJF said:

It's interesting that he accepted that "clubs will vote for what’s in their own best interest", yet he now seems to have an issue that Rangers may vote for what's in their own best interest all because it goes against what other clubs want? 

I don’t have an issue with how Rangers will vote because if recent history tells us anything the vote will go in the opposite direction to Rangers. I’m just more curious as to why Rangers are always the club trying to paddle upstream 

15 minutes ago, stressball said:

I don’t think he realises he’s being down voted for shite posts, not his political ravings… Hopefully he provides a chicken based update soon.

On topic, dastardly Celtic have stolen the votes of the 9 other clubs for their dastardly plan to temporarily curtail the season.

I came here for the politics, but I stayed for the chickens.

Our demotion was a pisser last time around. I feel as though it’s spurred us on though. Not going to lie, I’d love to see one of the clubs who were quite vocal about it last time around suffering a similar fate, though. Would be pretty amusing in a schadenfreude sort of way. 😄

Anyway, back on topic. 🐓

5 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Oh aye I remember hearts and thistle banging on Celtic and the SPFL’s door desperate to thank them at the time for the blessing that was relegation.

They won’t be thanking anyone, it’s churlish to suggest any club relegated should be thankful in fact it should be every other club who is thankful to them especially those that were in urgent need of the prize money to survive.

In the case of Hearts as shit as it was for them they have come back possibly better, stronger and more galvanised for it and fair play to them tbh

40 minutes ago, ropy said:

What is your own view (apologies I haven’t read everything back) 

I'm scunnered that the games are being played behind closed doors. I thought we'd got past that stage so it feels like a sucker punch. In terms of moving the winter break forward, I can take it or leave it. I appreciate that moving it forward will benefit the majority of clubs, but from a purely selfish view it will likely disadvantage my own. Not to an extent that I will be overly angry or disappointed if that's the decision that is made, but enough for me to appreciate why Rangers may vote against it.

38 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I don’t have an issue with how Rangers will vote because if recent history tells us anything the vote will go in the opposite direction to Rangers. I’m just more curious as to why Rangers are always the club trying to paddle upstream 

But that's entirely my point. You don't have an issue with how Rangers will vote. And can I assume you would have no issues if Celtic done the same if they were in our position (you don't seem to have given a straight answer on that yet)? If that's the case, then the fact is you clearly appreciate that all clubs vote for self interest and that makes any of our previous votes immaterial to this debate.

Every club in the recent past have all voted for the outcome that suits them best based on their situations at the time. That will inevitably mean clubs change their stance, including your own. Celtic are not proposing to bring the break forward because of the collective good, they are proposing it to suit themselves.

When the league was called off last time, Celtic were in a position of power. On this occasion, Rangers are in a position of power. It's just how things work. Yet you seem desperate to paint it as a "Rangers vs everyone else" argument when really we are simply doing what most other clubs in our position would do.

Edited by AJF

John Swinney says we shouldn’t go to the games tonight. We are allowed to go of course, and we have paid for tickets. But stay at home. Is it any wonder people have had enough of this rubbish.
IMG_7345.jpg