COVID-19 In Scottish Football

1 minute ago, G51 said:

Forgot to mention: due to their prolonged exposure to a demographic in which the virus is circulating at a high incidence rate, all professional football managers with a BMI over 35 should have their contracts immediately terminated, for their own safety.

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

Vaccine passports were/are a shanner, folk who are vaccinated can still both get and spread covid, waste of time. 

The other thing about vaccine passports is that they're incredible easy to forge. The unvaccinated people I know simply have forged vaccine passports and that's how they get around any entry restrictions. 

Just now, G51 said:

The other thing about vaccine passports is that they're incredible easy to forge. The unvaccinated people I know simply have forged vaccine passports and that's how they get around any entry restrictions. 

Aye, I can see the good intention in it even if it's a terrible idea but after a couple large events where you can simply just walk past the checkpoint (even if they ask you for yours) what's the point. 

1 minute ago, G51 said:

The unvaccinated people I know are tinfoil hat wearing fannies who think that drinking oat milk and following a vegan diet will save them (honestly).

6 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

The unvaccinated people I know are tinfoil hat wearing fannies who think that drinking oat milk and following a vegan diet will save them (honestly).

I could definitely believe that. I think it's a fairly diverse group of people tbh. Of the unvaccinated people I know, some of them are just mental auld yins who are too online and have read too much weird shit on Facebook. 

The other unvaxxed people I know are people from historically oppressed communities, who simply don't trust governments for perfectly justifiable reasons. I know a good few unvaxxed people who are genuinely decent guys, they're smart, likable, they don't think COVID is a hoax or any of that. But they're also Northern Irish Catholics, and their attitude to public institutions has a major influence in their opinion on a vaccine which is being promoted, provided and regulated by governments that they simply do not trust. 

I don't know how you encourage vaccine take-up in disadvantaged communities, or radicalised Facebookers. It's not easy, but it's an endeavour well worth undertaking.

42 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

What's their vaccination rate again, mein Sturgeonfuhrer?  

3% less fully vaccinated people than us. So pretty much the same. 

Way behind on boosters but. 

1 hour ago, G51 said:

I think that says more about the people involved rather than the concept of vaccine passports. Like most of the issues with Covid-19, if people did what they are supposed to do, we would get through this situation much quicker and safer. 

30 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

3% less fully vaccinated people than us. So pretty much the same. 

Way behind on boosters but. 

They were at only 66% double vaxxed beginning off November. 4m Scots will have had the booster by year end, no need for NSs wrecking ball to football. All about her though, hog the limelight with lickspittle crony Swinney.  Aren't we clever.

1 minute ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

They were at only 66% double vaxxed beginning off November. 4m Scots will have had the booster by year end, no need for NSs wrecking ball to football. All about her though, hog the limelight with lickspittle crony Swinney.  Aren't we clever.

🥱🥱🥱🥱

trying way too hard

Vaccine passports were/are a shanner, folk who are vaccinated can still both get and spread covid, waste of time. 

This is factually correct.

However, they are less likely to get it, less likely to get ill with it, less likely to occupy a hospital bed and less likely to spread it.

ETA. please ignore, just re-read the post, clearly having a go at the passport fiasco.

A snippet from the Sun,  no fitba it is then.

CELTIC earlier called for the January 2 Old Firm game to be postponed — and the winter break brought forward.

The brave Hoops are backed by NINE Premiership rivals, after crowds were restricted to just 500 for at least three weeks

Crisis talks have taken place between Premiership clubs following First Minister Nicola Sturgeon’s bombshell ruling.

SunSport understands at least ten club are in favour of an early break, providing Sky Sports agree to reschedule live games.

The SPFL board held talks with clubs and TV chiefs and the ten members will make the decision by a majority vote.

A Hoops statement said: “Celtic can confirm it has requested the SPFL bring forward the scheduled winter break and reschedule the fixtures affected by the regulations announced.

“The game owes it to supporters to explore all opportunities to maximise the prospect of all supporters being able to attend matches and support the game they love.”

The majority of Premiership clubs want the league paused for three weeks after tonight’s fixtures. Aberdeen, Celtic, Hibs, Livingston and Motherwell have all made public calls for the shutdown to begin earlier than January 3.

It’s understood Dundee, Dundee United, Hearts, St Johnstone and St Mirren are also in favour, if a revised fixture list is possible.

But leaders Rangers and Ross County are not among the clubs backing the early break plans