COVID-19 In Scottish Football

7 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

I am not divulging safe to say he hounded me with dislikes when it showed on the front from two accounts, one being a troll alt account with another team as who he supported.. Dick deserved his clock cleaned and more.

Ah go on, spill.

1 minute ago, 10menwent2mow said:

That is absolute bollocks. 

Wow, it’s hard to argue with such a well constructed and informative view.  So I will just have to say that it’s not bollocks but factually correct. Even 100% inoculation would not completely eradicate Covid, but it would significantly reduce spread and minimise the impact on those who did still catch it.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Wow, it’s hard to argue with such a well constructed and informative view.  So I will just have to say that it’s not bollocks but factually correct. Even 100% inoculation would not completely eradicate Covid, but it would significantly reduce spread and minimise the impact on those who did still catch it.

If everybody listened to the science, got their vaccines and followed all the Covid safety rules and advice we would all be much safer.

In my experience only a tiny minority make a genuine effort at following all the rules.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

So, why have the SG chosen this route and not say the vaccine passport for events over 500?

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It's also hard to argue with utter bollocks. 

The vaccination rate will have been given zero consideration with regard to introducing these restrictions. The only numbers the SG are interested in are the case numbers. 

How many teams are needed for a vote to bring forward the winter break?  Clubs will act in their own self interest and a club like Rangers might be happy with no fans for the game at Celtic.  Likewise Hearts.  Nothing wrong with such a stance however.

7 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

How many teams are needed for a vote to bring forward the winter break?  Clubs will act in their own self interest and a club like Rangers might be happy with no fans for the game at Celtic.  Likewise Hearts.  Nothing wrong with such a stance however.

Apparently it's a spfl board decision. 

Personally believe some perspective is required. This is a deadly virus and playing a silly game such as football throughout it makes a mockery of both our struggle against it, and God. 

The only moral course of action is the cessation of all professional football immediately and the awarding of trophies to the teams currently top of the league. Draw a name out of a hat to determine the winner of the Scottish Cup.

4 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Power mad ginger b*tch putting the boot into us again ahead of anybody else. I've two vaccinations and the booster and should be able to attend games. I see no spike in hospitalisations, quite the reverse. Just evil!

I see she's shut the German football down too. 

Having seen the headline my first thought was this was 500 fan related🤭

Oh no, full house tomorrow at St Mirren Park to watch our youth team play Celtic.
Was a mistake to let the fans in at the weekend apparently, according to Mr Swinney. Will also be a mistake to let them in after Boxing Day.
Tomorrow’s fine.

15 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

The Edinburgh derby with no fans would be an advantage to hibs having played in an empty stadium all season!

2 minutes ago, G51 said:

Personally believe some perspective is required. This is a deadly virus and playing a silly game such as football throughout it makes a mockery of both our struggle against it, and God. 

The only moral course of action is the cessation of all professional football immediately and the awarding of trophies to the teams currently top of the league. Draw a name out of a hat to determine the winner of the Scottish Cup.

robert downey jr laughing GIF

4 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Well you bothered to thumb down several of my posts criticising the football hating snp so you are raging about something. 

You are terminally divorced.  

4 hours ago, AJF said:

I have once, and even then it was a momentary glance.

My main point was that the introduction of vaccine passports was supposed to let us attend these events safely (essentially causing a divide and promoting the ridiculous opinion that unvaccinated people are a danger to vaccinated people). Now they are saying we cannot attend these events even with a vaccine passport which just highlights how ridiculous it was in the first place.

Vaccine passports were/are a shanner, folk who are vaccinated can still both get and spread covid, waste of time. 

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

robert downey jr laughing GIF

Forgot to mention: due to their prolonged exposure to a demographic in which the virus is circulating at a high incidence rate, all professional football managers with a BMI over 35 should have their contracts immediately terminated, for their own safety.