COVID-19 In Scottish Football

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:
29 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

maybe your dear leader should fk off and stop booting football clubs and fans that have bought tickets for festive fixtures in good faith and are going to be shafted because she got out of bed the wrong way. It's not just a politics issue when she doing this and she deserves called out. 

Perfectly valid point I was referring to your previous purely political rant which fully deserved the f**k off treatment.

You are entitled to your skew-whiffy opinion of course. Btw it was another poster you were giving the f**k off treatment to for his highly accurate SG fail list.

The JRG are wanting compensation for lost revenue due to crowd limits.
Meanwhile it looks like the winter break is being brought forward to cover the crowd limits period.
How can compensation be claimed if teams are on the winter break.....

Because big ticket Boxing Day and New Year games would be postponed until less appealing dates and clubs would lose income, it's already been discussed on this thread.

Just realised that the problem with extending the season is the international break in early June. We’ll presumably have to finish the Premiership before that.

The season has to be done by 31st May to meet UEFA's deadline for nominating European entrants.

Something to consider.

Is this new guidance law or is it just guidelines? If it isn't law there is nothing to stop games going ahead at full capacity. The SPFL probably wouldn't do that but for venues like pubs and smaller music gigs there is little to no incentive to actually stick to the guidelines.

19 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Forgive me for not lying back and taking this up the tradesmans like you. You'll be in the hossie before me with that approach. Will bring you some grapes, carefully scrubbed for covid or course. 

Last time that happened was a well lubricated digital check of the prostate - not much fun, but probably preferable to a pint with you......................

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Because big ticket Boxing Day and New Year games would be postponed until less appealing dates and clubs would lose income, it's already been discussed on this thread.

Well it's either that or no income at all.

Do you think the SG are going to hand out full stadium revenue as compensation? At most (if any) they will hand out based on average stadium attendance. Imo.

3 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Last time that happened was a well lubricated digital check of the prostate - not much fun, but probably preferable to a pint with you......................Will

Prossie trouble, eh. Poor auld bugger.

I will get over your beer snub. No need to seek any counselling just yet.

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Well it's either that or no income at all.

Do you think the SG are going to hand out full stadium revenue as compensation? At most (if any) they will hand out based on average stadium attendance. Imo.

Also need to consider that the SG are not saying games cannot be played, only that it is a restricted capacity. As you say, it would be difficult to look for compensation based on capacity or higher gates than normal. At best, you could argue for the difference between 500 and say average attendance, but then you'd need to consider ST's already sold. How many PATG do clubs have? Clubs would need to display what loss of food sales etc they'd have. Consider aswell that quite a lot if the games would have large crowds regardless of when they are played. Would the Dundee, Edinburgh or Glasgow Derbies have any less of a crowd at a later date? Would Celtic or Rangers take less fans to Perth or Paisley in Feb vs December? All pretty unlikely.

You could say that providing the clubs can play out all the fixtures to unrestricted capacities before say June, then would there be a material financial hit at all? 

1 minute ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

An arsehole that was running a fake troll account was the spark for that a few years back. Knows who he is and the account. 

To be fair, I am really vague about the details other than the turn of phrase you used. Who was it again?

Just now, Moomintroll said:

To be fair, I am really vague about the details other than the turn of phrase you used. Who was it again?

I am not divulging safe to say he hounded me with dislikes when it showed on the front from two accounts, one being a troll alt account with another team as who he supported.. Dick deserved his clock cleaned and more.