COVID-19 In Scottish Football

11 minutes ago, G51 said:

But you said “even if the restrictions were extended”, which if they were, would have resulted in fans missing games even in the best case scenario. 

No. The best case scenario, and what has happened, is fans don't miss any games.

If the restrictions were extended then, yes, fans may have missed games but there is no possible outcome where fans would have missed more games than they would have missed if the break wasn't brought forward.

12 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I think vaccine passports are a complete waste of time, but I don't understand why anyone would be put off attending by them, particularly since you just need to provide a negative LFT result.

Maybe people don't like getting tested? Or don't have access to tests? Not hard to see why some wouldn't want the bother.

48 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Maybe people don't like getting tested? Or don't have access to tests? Not hard to see why some wouldn't want the bother.

90% of adults have had two doses, it is unlikely that the missing 10% are all football fans.  Show your pass and you are in.

3 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

2 doses no longer considered vaccinated. You need to have had a booster too...

If people have had two doses why would they not get a booster?  If your second dose was in the last 4 months you are considered fully vaccinated.

1 hour ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Anyone buying tickets for a game is automatically going through more bother than sticking a wee swab up the nose for a few seconds. 

Tests are free and there are walk in centres on top of that, so it's unlikely that anyone heading to a football stadium doesn't have access to tests.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

I think vaccine passports are a complete waste of time, but I don't understand why anyone would be put off attending by them, particularly since you just need to provide a negative LFT result.

This shows how ridiculous these restrictions are, take the barcode from the lft and report it as negative. 

Does anyone want to admit to being the football fan interviewed by BBC Radio news in Edinburgh, about crowds back at the games, who said "I'm a bit worried to be honest, I don't think they (the upcoming matches, presumably) should be going ahead"?

I wonder how many folk they had to ask about it before they found him!  

26 minutes ago, resk said:

Does anyone want to admit to being the football fan interviewed by BBC Radio news in Edinburgh, about crowds back at the games, who said "I'm a bit worried to be honest, I don't think they (the upcoming matches, presumably) should be going ahead"?

Ross County fan?

On 22/12/2021 at 19:59, Forever_blueco said:

Today cases reached 100,000 in the uk  for the first time since mass testing . If you think the Scottish government is budging anytime soon with those kinds of figures to back them up then you are deluded or have been living on the moon the last two years 

How did that work out for you?

Edited by kingjoey

2 hours ago, resk said:

That was me. We are on an absolutely shite run 

9 hours ago, kingjoey said:

How did that work out for you?

Pleasantly surprised I was wrong 

I did have a bit of a headsgone following the restrictions being freshly announced . it happens , I’m sure we have all been there at various points the last two years. 

although I have stated on here and the Covid thread that with it becoming clearer England  were not budging on stadium attendances in the weeks following then Sturgeon would have no option but to allow fans back here . So glad a glimmer of sense has made its way into Holyrood.

Edited by Forever_blueco