COVID-19 In Scottish Football

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

There is no guarantee the restrictions will be lifted a day before or a day after the 17th. 

We know for certain that the restrictions will not be lifted before the 17th. There is a possibility, no matter how small, the the restrictions may be lifted on the 17th.

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

Thats fair. I’d still argue though even if it was framed as up to 3 weeks, it is still immaterial because Celtic still knew when the rearranged fixtures would be played because the purpose of the vote to bring forward the winter break was to give fans the chance to attend matches, meaning they knew that no matches would be rescheduled prior to the 17th.

That is fine.  I was actually just clarifying the timeframe rather than the Celtic aspect of the post.    

1 hour ago, AJF said:

You can’t start with the 2 postponed fixtures first though because that would mean moving a fixture that is already scheduled in January! How hard is that to understand.

Yip, the Spfl don't do common sense you are debating over 1 day which could've made the decision a lot easier for everyone.
I'm sure the science only works on week days.

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Yip, the Spfl don't do common sense you are debating over 1 day which could've made the decision a lot easier for everyone.
I'm sure the science only works on week days.

If Celtic didn’t want the Rangers game played on the 2nd then they should’ve proposed an alternative idea regarding the winter break rather than voting the way they did.

The government restrictions have nothing to do with the SPFL.

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The Government go on a week to week basis on restrictions this is not just a football thing,the SPFL wanted their winter break early.
The scheduling of the SPFL has nothing to do with Government with or without fans.
The SPFL made their decision to postpone 2 sets of fixtures and like I said is it not common sense to start with the 2 postponed fixtures making sure there is no change to the rest of the schedule.

Why would they start with the two postponed fixtures? When a game is postponed for any other reason does it get played the next matchday and all other fixtures are put off

Organisation for January fixtures will have already been in place, and im sure others will correct me if im wrong but the scottish Cup takes precedent also so that weekend was never being moved, so the easiest and simplest option is find two empty dates and stick the fixtures in there, which is what they did

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

If Celtic didn’t want the Rangers game played on the 2nd then they should’ve proposed an alternative idea regarding the winter break rather than voting the way they did.

The government restrictions have nothing to do with the SPFL.

Celtic may have wanted the game on the 2nd so they could get it postponed again with a better chance of having fans in.

Celtic may have wanted the game on the 2nd so they could get it postponed again with a better chance of having fans in.

If you agree that the games were postponed to boost the chances of getting fans in, why would you want to move the Hibs game to a date where there definitely wouldn't be fans in?

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

If you agree that the games were postponed to boost the chances of getting fans in, why would you want to move the Hibs game to a date where there definitely wouldn't be fans in?

The restrictions are flexible with no guarantees, Getting the fans in is a red herring in IMO.

37 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

If it was a red herring why were the games initially postponed???

Having 500 fans in, probably costs the clubs more than having no fans in, it's not economically viable.
The clubs can't come out and say we don't want 500 fans so they say it's for the fans.

8 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It was a good answer to the mince the rangers fan was spouting David.
If it comes true will you buy me a pint the next time i'm in Aberdeen for the game?

Dont try claim its the rangers fans spouting mince when you have been slabbering shite these last few pages 

11 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It was a good answer to the mince the rangers fan was spouting David.
If it comes true will you buy me a pint the next time i'm in Aberdeen for the game?

For it to have the possibility of coming true for me, you’ll have to put your post in English. I have no idea what it means.

40 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

For it to have the possibility of coming true for me, you’ll have to put your post in English. I have no idea what it means.

I'm not English David.

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Ok who took Willy’s bait? Own up. 

Come on! I got at least 3 pages this time.
P&B need guys like me.

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I'm not English David.

Come on! I got at least 3 pages this time.
P&B need guys like me.

You're a top-tier worker and poster on this site mate. 

Don't let the diddies get you down brother.