COVID-19 In Scottish Football

8 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

If Celtic lose the 4 players (I’m including Rogic and not Ideguchi who hasn’t featured for a while at International  level) they can apply for postponement under SPFL rules however there is no way the SPFL will just grant postponement of one fixture so it’d likely be that Celtic’s matches vs Hearts, Rangers and Dundee would all need to be re-arranged.

They would only be able to grant postponement of fixtures that Celtic requested to be postponed - so if for example Celtic asked for the Rangers game and none of the others then that's the only one they'd decide on.

I'd find it unlikely that any game would be postponed given that it's not an FIFA international window, they still have enough players to fulfil the fixture and the schedule is already basically full if Celtic progress in Europe.

27 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

They would only be able to grant postponement of fixtures that Celtic requested to be postponed - so if for example Celtic asked for the Rangers game and none of the others then that's the only one they'd decide on.

I'd find it unlikely that any game would be postponed given that it's not an FIFA international window, they still have enough players to fulfil the fixture and the schedule is already basically full if Celtic progress in Europe.

Fair point. I don’t think Celtic will ask for postponement and if they did I expect it would be declined anyway.

14 hours ago, craigkillie said:

13 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Fair point. I don’t think Celtic will ask for postponement and if they did I expect it would be declined anyway.

So going back to my original point, the Spfl board decided to postpone these fixtures in the first place with the chance of getting fans back into the stadiums.
Now the game of chess starts, If fans are still not allowed into grounds (500)Celtic can use that decision to strengthen their argument to get a fixture postponed again, putting the board on a shoogly peg (in terms of the rules for players going on international duty) .
Whether a club has only 13 players left to be force to play a game through a covid outbreak has got feck all to do with it.

The SPFL board postponed the fixtures in the first place because the clubs voted for it. Celtic would be welcome to ask the other 11 clubs to vote again on whether they should have a game postponed because they're missing a handful of players.

11 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The SPFL board postponed the fixtures in the first place because the clubs voted for it. Celtic would be welcome to ask the other 11 clubs to vote again on whether they should have a game postponed because they're missing a handful of players.

They don't need to ask the other 11 clubs it's in the rules M8.

46 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

So going back to my original point, the Spfl board decided to postpone these fixtures in the first place with the chance of getting fans back into the stadiums.
Now the game of chess starts, If fans are still not allowed into grounds (500)Celtic can use that decision to strengthen their argument to get a fixture postponed again, putting the board on a shoogly peg (in terms of the rules for players going on international duty) .
Whether a club has only 13 players left to be force to play a game through a covid outbreak has got feck all to do with it.

My point wasn’t based on that. It was based on the fact your manager has already came out and said he won’t request the match to be postponed.

15 hours ago, craigkillie said:

It is a FIFA window, just not for UEFA. 

https://digitalhub.fifa.com/m/88176dce3738a428/original/cd3qpcttmbbjowbso2tz-pdf.pdf

Players will be subject to the usual rules around call-ups, which is why the EPL hasn’t scheduled any fixtures during those dates. 

Celtic (or any other club for that matter) will be fully entitled to apply for fixtures to be postponed under rule G7 should the criteria be met (3 or more players unavailable who might have started the game(s)).  

Just now, craigkillie said:

They're emergency dates which are not part of the normal schedule.

But they’re in the schedule, and call-ups are subject to the usual rules. 

Whatever way you look at it, it’s a FIFA window. 

32 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

My point wasn’t based on that. It was based on the fact your manager has already came out and said he won’t request the match to be postponed.

He also said after St Johnstone he didn't enjoy the game and made it very clear he doesn't like playing games with no fans.
This isn't a decision for a manager wee man,it's for the suits to decide.
It makes sense for the sevco game to be postponed and not the others,Celtic would need to take the chance of not dropping points in the Dundee Utd and Hearts games with the players on international duty.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

5 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

UEFA will trump FIFA if it suits them and this is not a recognised window in Europe.

It’s not a window for UEFA nations. That’s not the same thing as not being a recognised window.

It’s essentially the same situation as clubs being required to release players for AFCON. 

15 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Does the SPFL trump FIFA ?

9 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

UEFA will trump FIFA if it suits them and this is not a recognised window in Europe.

An individual league choosing to postpone games has nothing to do with UEFA or FIFA.