COVID-19 In Scottish Football

Really interested to see the proposed dates for the re-arranged games. Can only assume the split is going to be pushed back. 

EDIT: Seeing it above. That's wild - there's absolutely no chance we'll have fans back for those games.

Edited by G51

Fucking hell. This thread went well. Anyway, the most ludicrous thing I heard today was from a Rangers fan who came into my local and asked me my opinion on the matter. I pretty much regurgitated what I've said on here, I see both sides of the debate and the pros and cons for both sides. 

To whit he replied that I've always hated Rangers and that the only way to go is to play the games. Followed by that, if the games aren't played, Rangers will demand that they don't play at all during AFCON, due to players missing. When I pointed out that this may lead to them playing Sat, Tues, Thurs, Sat towards the end of the season to fit fixtures in. His reply was that they had a big enough squad to deal with that. When I suggested that they should have a big enough squad to deal with a couple of boys missing for AFCON, he lost his shit. I know loads of reasonable rangers fans and have come across quite a few on here but it's guys like that, who spend a wee bit too much time on FF and RM that ruin it for you all. 

There is a chance we'll be missing Rogic, Kyogo and the 15 other Japanese internationals we plan on signing if they're away for Asian qualifiers during the time of the Rangers game, although apparently Japan don't plan on picking overseas players currently. 

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Confirmed to start after Sunday’s games? Unsure of the logic behind that 

We can't play games without fans, except for the Boxing Day games which we can.

We can't postpone the Boxing Day games because we don't have the free dates, but we haven't pushed back the split to create any. 

We know fans almost certainly won't be in for these re-arranged fixtures either, but we're going to postpone the games anyway instead of scheduling the games for weekends/weekdays which will have fans attend.

Can't stop laughing at Alan Burrows going on to Clyde last night and giving it the whole "Football without fans is nothing, we have to do all we can to get them in" and then postponing the games for only three or four weeks. That guy is an idiot.

Really interested to see the proposed dates for the re-arranged games. Can only assume the split is going to be pushed back. 

EDIT: Seeing it above. That's wild - there's absolutely no chance we'll have fans back for those games.

When are you proposing that they push the split to? There aren't later dates available without moving the Scottish Cup final (likely a non-starter) or making teams play the week after the cup final (meaning a two week gap for most teams).

Just now, craigkillie said:

When are you proposing that they push the split to? There aren't later dates available without moving the Scottish Cup final (likely a non-starter) or making teams play the week after the cup final (meaning a two week gap for most teams).

I don't see why moving the Scottish Cup final is a non-starter. 

12 minutes ago, G51 said:

Ffs!! Really??

This was never about supporters. This is all purely to suit one club! Look at their lineup for tonight’s game!

The game is corrupt to the core in Scotland. Gilmour said it when leaving St Mirren, Milne said it when leaving Aberdeen. If only they had said it when they could have done something about it.