COVID-19 In Scottish Football

16 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Aye sad reality is the government have left football out to dry again 

any decision will be sky and sky alone’s I think . They will see the viewing figures go up now with a potential extra 20,000 eyes for the Rangers v Aberdeen Pittodrie fixture and extra 60,000 for the Parkhead game on the 2nd.  not sure if the govemerment have also screwed clubs by allowing 500 in as technically it isn’t BCD . 

either way it’s the exact type of mess that the SPFL have a habit of making into a circus. So the next few days should be interesting if nothing else.

I cant remember how many STs Celtic have but wont the majority of home fans be watching via Celtic TV rather than Sky? 

Every home game at ER has been on Hibs TV this season if you have a ST.

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Any club not wanting to bring the winter break forward should be forced to publicly give their reasons. We’re all getting shat upon by f*ck*ng Rangers yet again.

Their reasons will be self serving, just like everyone else’s. 

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

Their reasons will be self serving, just like everyone else’s. 

But do you ever notice Rangers self interest is generally trying to go in the opposite direction to the majority of other clubs, 10 of them in this case?

Edited by Jinky67

20 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

But do you ever notice Rangers self interest is generally trying to go in the opposite direction to the majority of other clubs, 10 of them in this case?

The whole idea of self interest revolves around doing what’s best for you. In this scenario, I imagine Rangers believe playing a home game against St Mirren and 2 away games to Aberdeen and Celtic behind closed doors is more in their interest than bringing forward the break and then playing these matches later in January when there is no guarantee games will be back to full capacity and we may be missing 2 of our most important players.

Dont kid yourself that Celtic would think any differently if the roles were reversed. There won’t be many teams that vote a certain way for any reasons that don’t suit themselves.

Edited by AJF

30 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I cant remember how many STs Celtic have but wont the majority of home fans be watching via Celtic TV rather than Sky? 

Every home game at ER has been on Hibs TV this season if you have a ST.

I’m not sure if Celtic are similar to Rangers in that live home games are only available outside of uk . This was obviously changed last season due to circumstances . Would imagine that the same changes would be made again to accommodate this 

Edited by Forever_blueco

35 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Yes there will be those extra eyes, but your casual fan who may have tuned in, will they bother if there are no fans. I suspect your average neutral who might happen across a Celtic v Rangers game would watch for the blood and thunder atmosphere provided by one of these games. Not to slag off Celtic and Rangers too much but I genuinely can't remember the last time they served up a properly entertaining game of football. There certainly tends to be plenty passion both on and off the field but if you turned the crowd noise off and told a neutral observer it wasn't a derby, I think they'd be mainly disappointed at the fayre on offer. 

As you say, no doubt the SPFL will find a way to clusterfuck it. I think what will end up happening is what you suggested earlier. The 26th and 29th fixtures may go ahead with everything done to save the Glasgow derby for fans, further underlining the fact that as far as the authorities are concerned, there's only one game/two teams that matter. 

What you think will happen is exactly how I think it will pan out . The 26th and 29th fixtures will go ahead and The old firm derby will be moved. I don’t even think the full fixture list on the 2nd will be moved probably just the old firm game 

then Celtic will be happy and their faux “for the best of the game “ mantra will disappear like a thief in the night 

21 minutes ago, AJF said:

The whole idea of self interest revolves around doing what’s best for you. In this scenario, I imagine Rangers believe playing a home game against St Mirren and 2 away games to Aberdeen and Celtic behind closed doors is more in their interest than bringing forward the break and then playing these matches later in January when there is no guarantee games will be back to full capacity and we will be missing 2 of our most important players.

Dont kid yourself that Celtic would think any differently if the roles were reversed. There won’t be many teams that vote a certain way for any reasons that don’t suit themselves.

I understand self interest but what i don’t understand is why Rangers interests over recent years never seem to align with the majority of other clubs?

Rangers now going against the grain in this scenario is a complete contradiction to what they and their fans where saying previously. 

Edited by Jinky67

22 minutes ago, AJF said:

The whole idea of self interest revolves around doing what’s best for you. In this scenario, I imagine Rangers believe playing a home game against St Mirren and 2 away games to Aberdeen and Celtic behind closed doors is more in their interest than bringing forward the break and then playing these matches later in January when there is no guarantee games will be back to full capacity and we may be missing 2 of our most important players.

Who’s CEO was it again who gave an “impassioned” speech to get the 19-20 season finalised early again ? 

Was nothing to do with self interest of course ….

4 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Who’s CEO was it again who gave an “impassioned” speech to get the 19-20 season finalised early again ? 

Was nothing to do with self interest of course ….

Another vote were you were firmly in the minority with and felt it better served your purpose to allow the majority of Scottish clubs to bleed to death to contest a league title you were never really in the running for 

Edited by Jinky67

12 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I understand self interest but what i don’t understand is why Rangers interests over recent years never seem to align with the majority of other clubs?

Rangers now going against the grain in this scenario is a complete contradiction to what they and their fans where saying previously. 

But you are completely overlooking what I've said in terms of why Rangers would oppose the winter break being moved forward and are instead focusing on the fact that this differs from the viewpoint of other clubs. Why would Rangers vote for something that does not suit them? Why would any club vote for something that does not suit them? Do you think Celtic would genuinely vote differently than Rangers if the roles were reversed?

Contradictions are inevitable when circumstances change and clubs find themselves in different positions, I don't know why you'd imply only Rangers are guilty of that.

Edited by AJF

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

But you are completely overlooking what I've said in terms of why Rangers would oppose the winter break being moved forward and are instead focusing on the fact that this differs from the viewpoint of other clubs. Why would Rangers vote for something that does not suit them? Why would any club vote for something that does not suit them? Do you think Celtic would genuinely vote differently than Rangers if the roles were reversed?

Contradictions are inevitable when circumstances change and clubs find themselves in different positions, I don't know why you'd imply only Rangers are guilty of that.

Why does it suit Sevco to go against the rest of the clubs?

23 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Another vote were you were firmly in the minority with and felt it better served your purpose to allow the majority of Scottish clubs to bleed to death to contest a league title you were never really in the running for 

Whereas you were happy to relegate clubs like hearts , thistle etc all in the quest of the fabled 10 

Which you still managed to f**k 

All’s well that ends well eh ?

Edited by Forever_blueco

5 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Whereas you were happy to relegate clubs like hearts , thistle etc all in the quest of the fabled 10 

If whataboutery was an Olympic sport you’d be on the podium for a medal. 

48 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

I’m not sure if Celtic are similar to Rangers in that live home games are only available outside of uk . This was obviously changed last season due to circumstances . Would imagine that the same changes would be made again to accommodate this 

Sure, I know we all got them last season when the world had gone to shite - but I thought that all clubs now did this from day 1 this season - in part as the rules had not been changed to stop it, and in part to accomodate supporters who were still wary of the plague and preferred to use their ST from the comfort of their house.

Maybe Rangers and Celtic made different arrangements - tbqhwy I would be slightly pissed off if I had a ST for one of those teams and was not enjoying the same potential (and free) benefits as everyone else..............

2 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Whereas you were happy to relegate clubs like hearts , thistle all in the quest of the fabled 10 

Relegating these clubs and ensuring their survival seems a more preferable option than watching them and others possibly die and never ever return don’t you agree? Silly question you would rather bury them so long as it serves you interest. 

And let’s not pretend you give a f**k about Hearts or their opinion who coincidentally are voting against you this time around.