COVID-19 In Scottish Football

16 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Yes I am sure celtics opinion also hasn’t changed from that time either …..

What club gave us sporting integrity again back in 2008 ?

I like how you avoid answering the question 

Talk about a false equivalence.

You really must be clutching at straws at use an incident that happened almost 15 years ago to justify possible actions today.

1 minute ago, Clown Job said:

I like how you avoid answering the question 

Talk about a false equivalence.

You really must be clutching at straws at use an incident that happened almost 15 years ago to justify possible actions today.

I’ve regularly seen posts on here decrying refereeing biases featuring offside decisions made in the 1990’s. It happens from both sides.

6 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Of course none of that has anything to do with the current situation 

Neither does what happened in March 2020 . We are in a completely different stage of the pandemic now to what we were then 

since then we have actually completed a full season behind closed doors during various and based on stats so far more threatening waves of the pandemic . The idea isn’t as alien and obscure as it was back then . 

but my question asked earlier . When do Celtic want the old firm game rearranged to ? If it gets moved to the end of January  but grounds are still closed will Celtic just get on with the matter and say no more ? Because I don’t I think the speel at the point will turn to “showpiece game , needs a crowd etc etc “

Edited by Forever_blueco

11 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Then Celtic would not give two flying fucks about the rest of the clubs needs for an early winter break 😂

Of course they wouldn't. They regularly used times when Rangers were not in the league to postpone actual league games so they could go away and play "lucrative" friendlies abroad. 

It's all about money - I've no idea why everyone doesn't just come out and admit that. 

5 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Neither does what happened in March 2020 . We are in a completely different stage of the pandemic now to what we were then 

since then we have actually completed a full season behind closed doors during various waves of the pandemic . The idea isn’t as alien and obscure as it was back then . 

but my question asked earlier . When do Celtic want the old firm game rearranged to ? If it gets moved to the end of January  but grounds are still closed will Celtic just get on with the matter and say no more ?

If bringing a winter break early gives us a chance to get crowds back then why not take it? If it becomes inevitable that full crowds won’t be viable after the winter break then we just get on with it, get the games rescheduled for as soon as they can and we get it done crowd or not. I don’t think anyone wants to see a season kick on until June.

I would have been at the game on the 2nd so obviously unhappy that it’s unlikely I’ll get the chance with only 500 allowed and even then f**k being in a crowd of only 500. From a selfish perspective I want to be there and experience it again as it’s been 2 years since the last time I could, hopefully a better result this time though

Edited by Jinky67

47 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

If the SPFL came out tomorrow to Celtic and said you have to play Hibs on 29th  but we will move the Derby to April . Then Celtic would not give two flying fucks about the rest of the clubs needs for an early winter break 😂

I think you are probably correct in this assumption but Rangers opposing an early shut down because it suits them to have two tough away games with no fans is equally as self serving. 

There needs to be a lot of discussion about this and whataboutery is not going to solve anything. Shifting the Winter Break may not be the solution if fans are locked out for longer, but in the short term, it seems like the most sensible thing to do to minimise the losses sustained by clubs, and even then it will still see many take a huge hit. 

6 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

If bringing a winter break early gives us a chance to get crowds back then why not take it? If it becomes inevitable that full crowds won’t be viable after the winter break then we just get on with it, get the games rescheduled for as soon as they can and we get it done crowd or not

So basically stop the games till celtic have their injured players back, maybe a new signing or two, and rangers have players away on international duty, yeah let's defo do that cause there certainly isn't an agenda here is there 🙄

Celtic have a real chance of progressing a few rounds in Europe, rangers, less so.

If Celtic want games postponed they are the club at most risk of struggling to fulfil fixtures.

I am amazed (not really) that the Spfl have not been planning for this contingency for weeks as we all knew it was coming.

22 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

You might have hoped the events of yesterday would make people see past who benefits where from a football perspective. 

Football as a whole has been absolutely shat on here for no good reason. 

By Rangers and Celtic over the years?

1 hour ago, 54_and_counting said:

So basically stop the games till celtic have their injured players back, maybe a new signing or two, and rangers have players away on international duty, yeah let's defo do that cause there certainly isn't an agenda here is there 🙄

So you think the 9 other clubs care about that? 

These clubs will vote for what’s in their own best interest, let’s not pretend Rangers aren’t doing the same

Edited by Jinky67

12 hours ago, Leith Green said:

The unvaccinated people I know are tinfoil hat wearing fannies who think that drinking oat milk and following a vegan diet will save them (honestly).

True. However, don't knock the oat milk! 

7 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

I think you are probably correct in this assumption but Rangers opposing an early shut down because it suits them to have two tough away games with no fans is equally as self serving. 

There needs to be a lot of discussion about this and whataboutery is not going to solve anything. Shifting the Winter Break may not be the solution if fans are locked out for longer, but in the short term, it seems like the most sensible thing to do to minimise the losses sustained by clubs, and even then it will still see many take a huge hit. 

Aye sad reality is the government have left football out to dry again 

any decision will be sky and sky alone’s I think . They will see the viewing figures go up now with a potential extra 20,000 eyes for the Rangers v Aberdeen Pittodrie fixture and extra 60,000 for the Parkhead game on the 2nd.  not sure if the govemerment have also screwed clubs by allowing 500 in as technically it isn’t BCD . 

either way it’s the exact type of mess that the SPFL have a habit of making into a circus. So the next few days should be interesting if nothing else.

Edited by Forever_blueco

Surely every club and the SPFL would have realised that this might happen and would have drawn up contingency plans.

If not they certainly should have.  Any club who had not anticipated the possibility of something like this is not doing their job.