COVID-19 In Scottish Football

2 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:

Yeah, but then there are coaches, security, milling around etc. at either end.  And the flight is what, 8 hours?  I'm sure they all remained seated on their chartered plane for the duration right enough.  Then there's all the bevvying by the pool of course.

Their entitled beano to Dubai should be in no way compared to a team getting a coach within Scotland for a league or cup came.  Not a fucking chance. 

I never said the trip should be compared, I’ve already stated they should be investigated for it. I was responding to what I believed would’ve been the protocol for travelling on a plan to maintain social distancing and said I believed it would be similar to travelling by coach purely based on the seating arrangements.

21 minutes ago, AJF said:

I was thinking about this too, but I’d hazard a guess that travelling by plane will be similar to teams currently travelling by coach, they would’ve sat the players in different rows with empty seats in between them to comply with social distancing.

Should have had windows open on the plane.

1 hour ago, Lex said:

Of course they won’t. It should mean our and Killie’s appeal is successful though. It’s either that or punish them proportionately and we all know there’s no chance of that happening. Celtic are much too big a club to get a sanction like the one given to us.

They haven’t a chance of winning the league so this might be the year of a token gesture punishment.

10 minutes ago, AJF said:

I never said the trip should be compared, I’ve already stated they should be investigated for it. I was responding to what I believed would’ve been the protocol for travelling on a plan to maintain social distancing and said I believed it would be similar to travelling by coach purely based on the seating arrangements.

Wasn't have a pop at you chief, rather voicing frustration at the inevitable sweeping under carpet as they were "following the rules" when doing something they so obviously shouldn't have been.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

While I entirely agree that Celtic have acted inappropriately and deserve to be investigated, I don’t think you can compare the situation unless Celtic’s actions result in a postponement.

St Mirren and Kilmarnock have not been deducted points, they’ve forfeited the right to compete for those points due to the matches being postponed.

The only way Celtic will suffer a comparable sanction is if their game tomorrow is postponed due to coronavirus.

Ahh, Rangers/Celtic same team different colours.

2 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:

Wasn't have a pop at you chief, rather voicing frustration at the inevitable sweeping under carpet as they were "following the rules" when doing something they so obviously shouldn't have been.

Yeah, I never took it that way so no worries haha.

For what it’s worth, I think the attention it is now garnering means it will have to be looked at closer.

I am looking forward to them trying to weasel their way out of it while everyone calls them out.

And, as Romeo pointed out, it’s appropriate to wish the player a speedy recovery.

53 minutes ago, AJF said:

Their game was postponed after the Scottish Government intervened after one of their players acted like a complete dick. As much as I love to stick the boot into them, the club itself didn’t breach any covid protocols during that period (that we are aware of).

The situations simply cannot be treated the same way for them to receive the same punishment St Mirren and Killie did unless they have a game postponed.

If you want to make the case for a comparable punishment to be dished out, such as a points deduction, then I certainly won’t object. I’m simply saying the situations are different.

Another old filth love in

2 minutes ago, Killiefan said:

Ahh, Rangers/Celtic same team different colours.

Just saying how I see it while trying to look at it objectively. I don’t want to be seen as defending them in any way, shape or form though so I’m going to try and get #DubaiDeduction trending in the hope they are docked points.

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Aguero missed the City game today as he had to isolate due to coming into contact with a person who tested positive - Aguero tested negative.

I’d expect everyone who was in Dubai will need to isolate whether they tested negative or not so Celtic will need to field a team of fringe players and youth players tomorrow.

It probably won't have to be every player who was in Dubai, but it is likely that there will be at least some close contacts. When Scotland U21 had their outbreak during the November break, there were a total of three positive tests, and a further eight players were asked to self-isolate due to being close contacts. The other players (presumably those sitting in a different part of the plane, bus, whatever) didn't have to self-isolate.