COVID-19 In Scottish Football

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

I think a points deduction is the way to go to be fair.  Deduct points and play the game regardless in each case where there have been blatant breaches. 

I don’t think the game being postponed should come into it whatsoever and it’s shambolic that that needs to happen for any proper punishment. 

If the player who tested positive was on the flight with the rest of the squad will they all need to isolate now ?

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

I think a points deduction is the way to go to be fair.  Deduct points and play the game regardless in each case where there have been blatant breaches. 

I don’t think the game being postponed should come into it whatsoever and it’s shambolic that that needs to happen for any proper punishment. 

Many clubs have breached the rules. Unfortunately the only punishments  dished out have been to Killie and St Mirren because of the number of players affected by the breach and not because there was a breach.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

If the player who tested positive was on the flight with the rest of the squad will they all need to isolate now ?

I was thinking about this too, but I’d hazard a guess that travelling by plane will be similar to teams currently travelling by coach, they would’ve sat the players in different rows with empty seats in between them to comply with social distancing.

Just now, Romeo said:

You're a mess here, best calm down a wee bit.

I doubt you were so seething on other threads of teams with positive cases.

Yeah, at least I write coherently.

Did they go to other countries riddled with Covid with no real need?

Are you defending this?

1 minute ago, AJF said:

I was thinking about this too, but I’d hazard a guess that travelling by plane will be similar to teams currently travelling by coach, they would’ve sat the players in different rows with empty seats in between them to comply with social distancing.

Yeah, wasn’t sure how it worked. Cheers mate.

9 minutes ago, AJF said:

I appreciate what you are getting at, but... how can a team forfeit points for a match that gets played?

Like I said, if you want to make the case for a points deduction, then be my guest, but it’s a wholly different situation compared to forfeiting points as you could not fulfil the fixture due to the numbers of players impacted by covid.

If their game tomorrow needs to get postponed, then I agree the situation is more comparable and they’d be subject to the same punishment.

How about the fact that quite obviously it's a risk to Hibs that the rest of Celtic's Dubai posse get to play tomorrow night though?

Incubation periods and the like mean that there's quite possibly other positive cases to come out of Parkhead in the next few days.

Celtic should have to play the youth team (they'll still fucking win :lol:) or else the game's postponed and Hibs take the points. Simple.

4 minutes ago, Romeo said:

So you didn't, thanks for clearing that up and making yourself look daft.

You expect players and teams to make mistakes at the start of new situations.

But for Celtic to get on at Bolingoli for going abroad, then doing it themselves....

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

Yeah, but then there are coaches, security, milling around etc. at either end.  And the flight is what, 8 hours?  I'm sure they all remained seated on their chartered plane for the duration right enough.  Then there's all the bevvying by the pool of course.

Their entitled beano to Dubai should be in no way compared to a team getting a coach within Scotland for a league or cup came.  Not a fucking chance.