COVID-19 In Scottish Football

11 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It doesn't really show that, because we don't actually know whether the protocols were observed to the letter at the clubs where there was only one positive case, given that there were no investigations into those clubs.

When St Mirren had their first positive cases back in August, only a small number of players were infected or asked to isolate. You would therefore have concluded that the protocols were being followed properly. However, we subsequently discovered that St Mirren were breaching them in quite a number of areas. Therefore it would seem that either the lack of spread the first time was good luck, or the spread the second time was bad luck, whichever way you want to look at it.

It's entirely possible (and I'd actually say very likely) that Hamilton, Aberdeen or any of the other clubs who have been affected have also been breaching the protocols in one way or other, but were just fortunate that they didn't have a further spread.

Surely it's impossible to say whether or not the protocols are being fully observed at other clubs given that we don't know what is in them?

And none of that would necessarily change the effectiveness of the protocols.

Just now, G51 said:

Surely it's impossible to say whether or not the protocols are being fully observed at other clubs given that we don't know what is in them?

And none of that would necessarily change the effectiveness of the protocols.

The point is that if you only investigate clubs if there's an outbreak that leads to a postponement, then all you discover is whether or not the correct protocols were in place at those clubs, you don't discover anything about whether the correct protocols are or are not in place at other clubs.

The Rangers squad could be licking each others faces on the training ground on a daily basis and all driving to matches in a tiny clown car, but if no covid gets in to the club in the first place then it's not going to lead to an outbreak and it could look from the outside like they're doing everything properly.

For a less extreme case, it essentially appears that the single issue Killie had was using 1m distancing rather than 2m distancing at our team meals and on our bus to a game, in line with Scottish government guidance but apparently not with the SPFL's own protocols. It's entirely possible that other clubs who have had positive tests without massive outbreaks have been doing the same, but the disease happened not to spread in quite the same way.

8 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

Fake Saints fan desperate for relevancy imo

I'm enjoying the irrelevancy multiple top 6 finishes and a Scottish Cup brings us tbh. You enjoy your grandads stories though.

9 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The point is that if you only investigate clubs if there's an outbreak that leads to a postponement, then all you discover is whether or not the correct protocols were in place at those clubs, you don't discover anything about whether the correct protocols are or are not in place at other clubs.

The Rangers squad could be licking each others faces on the training ground on a daily basis and all driving to matches in a tiny clown car, but if no covid gets in to the club in the first place then it's not going to lead to an outbreak and it could look from the outside like they're doing everything properly.

For a less extreme case, it essentially appears that the single issue Killie had was using 1m distancing rather than 2m distancing at our team meals and on our bus to a game, in line with Scottish government guidance but apparently not with the SPFL's own protocols. It's entirely possible that other clubs who have had positive tests without massive outbreaks have been doing the same, but the disease happened not to spread in quite the same way.

That's tomorrow's Keith Jackson scoop sorted.

Sevcovid clowns endanger our game!

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

I was a bit annoyed about the prospect of losing tomorrow, but now I realise it will screw over St Mirren I feel a lot more positive about it. Bring on the Covid, that's what I say

It won't screw us, you lot are still very catchable. 

Just wait till the match forfeits and fines kick in, you'll be bust before the seasons out.

56 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I am enjoying the Killie and St Mirren fans trying to keep a lid on their rage.

I really hope this doesn’t come back to bite me but I don’t think the 3 points mean that much to us. We are probably going to finish between 6th-9th regardless.

For St Mirren though I would be pretty unhappy as it could mean a lot in the relegation battle.

4 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I really hope this doesn’t come back to bite me but I don’t think the 3 points mean that much to us. We are probably going to finish between 6th-9th regardless.

For St Mirren though I would be pretty unhappy as it could mean a lot in the relegation battle.

It might cost us a shot at 6th place but more than likely we will bumble along between 7th to 9th with no real dramas.

25 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

It might cost us a shot at 6th place but more than likely we will bumble along between 7th to 9th with no real dramas.

Only game per season at rugby park would suit me fine.

3 hours ago, virginton said:

That self-congratulatory 'at least we Saint Mirren fans are taking the decision with dignity' call is ageing well I see.

Yeah, it's not a great look.

What's important to understand is that we weren't punished because the games were postponed. Having a game postponed due to Covid is not, in the league, a forfeitable offence. We were punished because we had broken the rules/guidance. If DUFC have to postpone because of Covid, as long as they've not been an utter shambles like we have apparently been, then they'll be fine. I would say that nine players out is reasonable grounds for a postponement. But then, I'd say having three keepers out is as well, so what the f**k do I know?

Edited by Coventry Saint

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

The cars they drive are likely to afford 2m spacing unless its the Covid sport model.

5 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

What's important to understand is that we weren't punished because the games were postponed. Having a game postponed due to Covid is not, in the league, a forfeitable offence. We were punished because we had broken the rules/guidance. If DUFC have to postpone because of Covid, as long as they've not been an utter shambles like we have apparently been, then they'll be fine. I would say that nine players out is reasonable grounds for a postponement. But then, I'd say having three keepers out is as well, so what the f**k do I know?

Can confirm large number of cars with single occupancy heading through Bathgo Ave today. 

Lesson learnt the hard way and Hamilton to boot. 

Edited by Capitaneus
made a cuxt of it

18 hours ago, santheman said:

It would have been very interesting if it had been Rangers and not Motherwell who were due to play Killie and St Mirren.

Would they have been awarded the 6 points (and probably the League title). Imagine the seethe from Sellic fans alone.

Tav's goal tally might suffer through lack of opportunities from the spot.

What's important to understand is that we weren't punished because the games were postponed. Having a game postponed due to Covid is not, in the league, a forfeitable offence. We were punished because we had broken the rules/guidance.

If this is the case surely a more fitting punishment would have been a fine and/or points deduction and to rearrange the games.