COVID-19 In Scottish Football

35 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Thats irrelevent, the actions of employees of both clubs caused fixtures to be postponed yet one team gets a reshedule the other gets a forfeit.

I don’t think any sensible person on here agrees with the outcome here for Killie and St Mirren. But that doesn’t mean that you have to twist the facts. 

1 hour ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Noticed a number of Covid violations on that Inside Tynecastle documentary.

I think it will be worth my time to go through each episode with a fine-tooth comb and send a report to the SPFL.

Unlucky. 435786888_20200820_223610(1).png.3e51e8748c6328d0ccb0288ecc67f95e.png

Not sure it would be worth your while given that Hearts haven't been unable to fulfil fixtures due to club breaches of Covid protocols. But you knock yourself out champ if it makes you feel better. 

Edited by John MacLean

8 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

Not sure it would be worth your while given that Hearts haven't bern unable to fulfil fixtures due to club breaches of Covid protocols. But you knock yourself out champ if it makes you feel better. 

Yes, I was doing 150 in a 20 zone but I didn't hit anyone so the rules don't apply to me.

52 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

The SPFL and SFA could have mitigated the risk of something like this happening at a club by conducting rigourous  safety inspections of all aspects of the protocols when they received their yellow card from the government a few months ago. Inspections like these would have revealed red flags of protocols likely to be most at risk of being broken, and they could have informed clubs of this and helped them find ways to ensure the protocols would be followed.

They did.

St Mirren and Kilmarnock both passed their "test", but between then and now have decided to breach them. 

Are you expecting the authorities to have someone sitting in at every team meal, travel on every team bus, and keep an eye on every single players travelling arrangements, every day, for every club?

3 hours ago, Perkin Flump said:

Any team from here on in must forfeit a postponed game if one of the players failing a test has celebrated a goal in the matter, after all it is factually clear that this is what caused the outbreak. By happy coincidence 2 certain teams will be more at risk of this & Accies have found yet another way to stave off relegation.

Would they have to celebrate for 15mimutes?

3 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

The only winners in this are Motherwell and Hamilton who have been awarded points due to pure chance, being the teams St Mirren and Kilmarnock would have faced had they not breached the rules.

Anything to keep the Lanarkshire Two in the top flight, as we all know.

Happenstance.

Guest 8GamesToGo
56 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They did.

St Mirren and Kilmarnock both passed their "test", but between then and now have decided to breach them. 

Are you expecting the authorities to have someone sitting in at every team meal, travel on every team bus, and keep an eye on every single players travelling arrangements, every day, for every club?

How was this "test" carried out? Email?

Other leagues, eg the EPL, had a team of inspectors that went out. The SPFL/SFA has done nothing like that. No inspections at all. If they had done them, we'd know as they'd be bragging about it to the government and press. The JRG return to football strategy doc has nothing about how they plan to get clubs to adhere to the guidelines and protocols.

How Scottish football fans can continue to defend these muppets is beyond me.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

2 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

How was this "test" carried out? Email?

Other leagues, eg the EPL, had a team of inspectors that went out. The SPFL/SFA has done nothing like that. No inspections at all. If they had done them, we'd know as they'd be bragging about it to the government and press. The JRG return to football strategy doc has nothing about how they plan to get clubs to adhere to the guidelines and protocols.

They were all inspected before the season was allowed to start.

Guest 8GamesToGo
2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They were all inspected before the season was allowed to start.

Inspected by who? Sending out a checklist to be completed isn't an inspection. There is not mention of inspections or inspectors in any of the SFA guidance or documentation I've seen. 

26 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Inspected by who? Sending out a checklist to be completed isn't an inspection. There is not mention of inspections or inspectors in any of the SFA guidance or documentation I've seen. 

Boy called Frank Drebin.

Any old Filth teams fans on here gloating or justifying the Leagues punishment on this needs to take a good look at themselves !

this could happen to any one of us yet Doncaster has came down hard on Killie and Saints. a bloody outrageous ruling which 

could have bearing on final placings in the League . Integrity totally wiped out . here . Expect this from some South American 

Tinpot league , not a National Professional Football League like the SPFL ! 

33 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Each club had a visit by an inspector arranged by the SFA/SPFL based on each club's proposed covid protocols - the checklist assisted in highlighting aspects to be considered and what would be examined

3 hours ago, 8GamesToGo said:

The SPFL and SFA could have mitigated the risk of something like this happening at a club by conducting rigourous  safety inspections of all aspects of the protocols when they received their yellow card from the government a few months ago. Inspections like these would have revealed red flags of protocols likely to be most at risk of being broken, and they could have informed clubs of this and helped them find ways to ensure the protocols would be followed.

Instead they banned Hearts from training for a week.

Well it’s clear that whatever they did, it wasn’t enough. 

So Hearts should clearly have been banned for longer. 

It’s science. 

It would have been very interesting if it had been Rangers and not Motherwell who were due to play Killie and St Mirren.

Would they have been awarded the 6 points (and probably the League title). Imagine the seethe from Sellic fans alone.

10 minutes ago, santheman said:

It would have been very interesting if it had been Rangers and not Motherwell who were due to play Killie and St Mirren.

Would they have been awarded the 6 points (and probably the League title). Imagine the seethe from Sellic fans alone.

I think we all know the answer to that one.