COVID-19 In Scottish Football

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I was thinking the same. Not for the first time fans of both cheeks have fucked it for the rest of us.

Meanwhile at Murrayfield:

"Look at those football yahoos. React badly to a defeat and can't be trusted not to spread Coronavirus. Unlike decent clean living rugger fans. Now excuse me while I drink this pint through my own underpants.."

*Someone else's underpants

45 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Looking like tier 3 for Aberdeen 

Almost comical after Cormack on Sportsound on Saturday. 

They'll be stricter with the tier movements now in preparation for Christmas I imagine. 

As much as I'd love fans back and to go back to games and freeze my arse off at St. Mirren away on a Tuesday night in Feb. It's not happening anytime soon. 

15 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Almost comical after Cormack on Sportsound on Saturday. 

They'll be stricter with the tier movements now in preparation for Christmas I imagine. 

As much as I'd love fans back and to go back to games and freeze my arse off at St. Mirren away on a Tuesday night in Feb. It's not happening anytime soon. 

Yeah. Cormack is a p***k.

Aye, well done to Celtic fans for giving the SG an excuse to continue keeping fans out of grounds. 
Clubs on the brink, SPFL spent months fighting to get fans back, apparently an agreement worked out to allow that contains the grounds being used throughout next Summer for vaccination centres, all fucked over because a bunch of fannies can't cope with losing a couple of games.

Your knicker wetting on these threads has been relentless. If the SPFL have offered a workable solution for vaccination centres that the Scottish government will desperately need in the summer then I doubt the government are suddenly going to throw their hands up in the air and reject that on the basis of a minor protest.

There have been protests and matches many times that size across Scotland over the last few months for a number of reasons, some of them with implicit approval from the government too.

15 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Your knicker wetting on these threads has been relentless. If the SPFL have offered a workable solution for vaccination centres that the Scottish government will desperately need in the summer then I doubt the government are suddenly going to throw their hands up in the air and reject that on the basis of a minor protest.

There have been protests and matches many times that size across Scotland over the last few months for a number of reasons, some of them with implicit approval from the government too.

Minor, there was thousands of them. 

15 hours ago, Willie adie said:

Last nights events outside Celtic Park are just what the Scottish government want to see to justify thier stance. 

If the SG want to 'punish' someone for that then they should punish those involved. Not the other 41 clubs or their fans. There is far too much of this in modern Britain. Someone steps out of line, so there is a blanket reaction and everyone suffers. Focus on the guilty - there were enough cameras and film, the Glasgow police and hundreds of Glaswegians will know who they are.

I really struggle to see why the Scottish Government can't justify, at the very least, opening up stadiums for League One clubs and below.

The evidence around COVID seems to imply that airborne transmission when you're outdoors is almost non-existent. With everyone wearing a mask, the risk has to be so small that it can be considered trivial.

These clubs have small enough attendances that you can implement social distancing around the stadium for most of them. You could even limit attendance to ST holders only if you're really concerned about the potential number of spectators.

If Leitch came out and gave the reasons why this is an unacceptable level of risk, I think people would accept it. But he hasn't.

But as usual with everything Neil Doncaster & the SPFL touches, this recent renewed effort for fan attendances is far too little and far too late. The time to be pushing like f*ck for this was when cases were in the tens, not the thousands. No government is going to concede on this when cases are this high when they're dug in to this position.

Edited by G51

2 minutes ago, G51 said:

I really struggle to see why the Scottish Government can't justify, at the very least, opening up stadiums for League One clubs and below.

The evidence around COVID seems to imply that airborne transmission when you're outdoors is almost non-existent. With everyone wearing a mask, the risk has to be so small that it can be considered trivial.

These clubs have small enough attendances that you can implement social distancing around the stadium for most of them. You could even limit attendance to ST holders only if you're really concerned about the potential number of spectators.

If Leitch came out and gave the reasons why this is an unacceptable level of risk, I think people would accept it. But he hasn't.

But as usual with everything Neil Doncaster & the SPFL touches, this recent renewed effort for fan attendances is far too little and far too late. The time to be pushing like f*ck for this was when cases were in the tens, not the thousands. No government is going to concede on this when cases are this high when they're dug in to this position.

Spot on. If anything you could argue that the lower down the leagues you go, the safer it becomes given the smaller attendances and open standing areas.

18 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Spot on. If anything you could argue that the lower down the leagues you go, the safer it becomes given the smaller attendances and open standing areas.

It shouldn’t matter the level.  300 fans socially distanced with track and trace etc implemented has the same risk no matter how good the players are.  The difference is in how much of a percentage of the normal crowd that number compared to normal and the revenue that represents.

Edited by parsforlife

36 minutes ago, Willie adie said:

Now we are moving to level 3, then Cormack is fucked

It was always going to be difficult.

I dont see us back in any meaningful way until vaccinations are rolled out widely and the virus infection numbers are well in retreat.

9 hours ago, G51 said:

Yes he has, repeatedly, for many months, across multiple platforms.

Why do you, and many others, continually choose to ignore it? What's your agenda here?

17 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Yes he has, repeatedly, for many months, across multiple platforms.

Why do you, and many others, continually choose to ignore it? What's your agenda here?

Can you link me or tell me where please? I genuinely haven’t heard it.

England allowing alcohol to be sold at football games when fans go back this week without a meal as long as they can be seated. Yes I know they have concourse bars etc for half time etc. 

Potential for something there in Scotland to try and get some money coming through for the club's allowed the 300 fans back though. Club bar open pre match with distanced seating etc/table service type setup. Pre-booked potentially?

Could see it potentially working for a club like Saints. Muirton Suite I'd obviously small but enough space for some numbers of seats? From memory from the clubs allowed fans back Caley also have a reasonably big bar area that could have a seating setup. 

Can't see it being allowed though of course. 

Celtic having a game delayed so they can go to Dubai rather than playing their postponed fixtures is peak SPFL.

If they come back from Dubai and the full squad ends up having to self isolate like St Mirren and Killie they will have six outstanding fixtures to catch up on which would put pressure on the split.

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

Celtic having a game delayed so they can go to Dubai rather than playing their postponed fixtures is peak SPFL.

If they come back from Dubai and the full squad ends up having to self isolate like St Mirren and Killie they will have six outstanding fixtures to catch up on which would put pressure on the split.

If they have to quarantine then they should withdraw from the league.