COVID-19 In Scottish Football

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

SRU wanting 25,000 to converge on Murrayfield for February 13th.

They're just plans though. These events take a while to organise, so they'll probably have a few scenarios in mind. Wimbledon – an event that won't take place until summer – is already planning for three scenarios, including a full unrestricted attendance. Doesn't mean it will happen.

2 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

They're just plans though. These events take a while to organise, so they'll probably have a few scenarios in mind. Wimbledon – an event that won't take place until summer – is already planning for three scenarios, including a full unrestricted attendance. Doesn't mean it will happen.

Fair enough, albeit isn't just SRU wargaming scenarios, they've specifically requested those limits on those dates.

They've explicitly "made a specific ask for a crowd of 5,000 on 2 January" and so on.

As noted that could be 2.5x equivalent limit for an English area in the tier below so it's not unreasonable to feel fairly surprised or sceptical, even without considering subsequent 10k and 25k steps.

Interestingly, rest of their statement is basically a go at saying "look a lot of stuff is getting better or being relaxed".

https://www.scottishrugby.org/scottish-rugby-updates

We have made a specific ask for a crowd of 5,000 at the 1872 match between Edinburgh Rugby and Glasgow Warriors on 2 January and are looking to work up to 10,000 for a Pro-club game at BT Murrayfield prior to the GUINNESS Six Nations, at which we would hope to have 25,000 spectators at each of our home matches v Wales, Italy and Ireland.

With the present restrictions in the city of Glasgow, it will not be possible to welcome spectators back to Scotstoun, but we will continue to monitor the picture there and work closely with Government and our partners at Glasgow Life.

The pack follows the documents submitted last week in collaboration with Active Scotland and other sport CMOs, outlining how to safely increase attendance at outdoor sporting events in Scotland.

Latest statistics from Government show infection rates have reached a peak and are currently on a downward slope. With the exception of East Lothian, the Scottish Government confirmed no changes to the levels that currently apply to each local authority area.

East Lothian moved down from Level 3 to 2 last Tuesday (November 24), allowing pubs and restaurants to serve alcohol with meals and their residents to travel to Level 1 and 2 areas.

Across the whole country, and within most local authority areas, the restrictions in place are having an impact and the number of new cases across the country has stabilised.

It’s been recommended by the government that a maximum of eight adults from three different households can gather together – with children aged under 12 not counting towards this total between December 23 and 27.

6 hours ago, D.V.T. said:

Possibly depends on how many vaccinations have been given out by then? It’s optimistic but if they start rolling out in December then hopefully a good number done by March?

Circa one million.

4 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

How long does the virus survive for inside a pint glass of Torquil's warm piss?

Piss is sterile*.

*Possibly not true.

3 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Fair enough, albeit isn't just SRU wargaming scenarios, they've specifically requested those limits on those dates.

They've explicitly "made a specific ask for a crowd of 5,000 on 2 January" and so on.

As noted that could be 2.5x equivalent limit for an English area in the tier below so it's not unreasonable to feel fairly surprised or sceptical, even without considering subsequent 10k and 25k steps.

Interestingly, rest of their statement is basically a go at saying "look a lot of stuff is getting better or being relaxed".

Like the Aberdeen stuff, this is a cross between posturing and a 'hail mary'. 

4 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

The egg-chasers are clearly even more deluded than Doncaster with that claim.

19 minutes ago, Huisdean50 said:

Await Jason Leitch's latest nonsensical response on why a Tier 1 area with daily Covid infections in single figures for most of the last month, can still only have 300 fans at games. 

Must say I'm no expert on any of these things and I think I even do understand why football is basically bottom of the list when reopening. The fact football being behind closed doors doesn't cause mass job losses (of course redundancies will come if clubs start going bust though) but I do think the 300 fans seems a wee bit token gesture.

I do think as well club's need to start getting some clarity on tentative timelines now as this budgeting for an unknown period of time I imagine is getting a bit impossible!

1 hour ago, Huisdean50 said:

Await Jason Leitch's latest nonsensical response on why a Tier 1 area with daily Covid infections in single figures for most of the last month, can still only have 300 fans at games. 

This has been explained multiple times, across multiple platforms, including this thread. You've chosen to continually ignore the explanations and aren't fooling a single person.

49 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Must say I'm no expert on any of these things and I think I even do understand why football is basically bottom of the list when reopening. The fact football being behind closed doors doesn't cause mass job losses (of course redundancies will come if clubs start going bust though) but I do think the 300 fans seems a wee bit token gesture.

I do think as well club's need to start getting some clarity on tentative timelines now as this budgeting for an unknown period of time I imagine is getting a bit impossible!

A is difficult to do, especially when you factor in the silly Christmas relaxation of restrictions which could set things back significantly. 

1 minute ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Fans back? 

The gov sitting watching that shambles unfolding outside Celtic park gives them absolutely zero encouragement!

We'll be lucky if theres no action taken against all of us.

2 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Fans back? 

The gov sitting watching that shambles unfolding outside Celtic park gives them absolutely zero encouragement!

I was thinking the same. Not for the first time fans of both cheeks have fucked it for the rest of us.

Meanwhile at Murrayfield:

"Look at those football yahoos. React badly to a defeat and can't be trusted not to spread Coronavirus. Unlike decent clean living rugger fans. Now excuse me while I drink this pint through my own underpants.."

37 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I was thinking the same. Not for the first time fans of both cheeks have fucked it for the rest of us.

Meanwhile at Murrayfield:

"Look at those football yahoos. React badly to a defeat and can't be trusted not to spread Coronavirus. Unlike decent clean living rugger fans. Now excuse me while I drink this pint through my own underpants.."

One thing that did cross my mind. The idiots up the ground causing problems today. How many of them actually go to games? 

Not like getting fans matter to the armchair Old Firm fan. Their dodgy steams work the same fans or no fans 😂.

Aye, well done to Celtic fans for giving the SG an excuse to continue keeping fans out of grounds. 

Clubs on the brink, SPFL spent months fighting to get fans back, apparently an agreement worked out to allow that contains the grounds being used throughout next Summer for vaccination centres, all fucked over because a bunch of fannies can't cope with losing a couple of games.