COVID-19 In Scottish Football

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, G51 Red said:

What are you slavering about ...

Accies will be relegated long before there are only 8 games to go ...

Now ....f**k OFF ...

That's not how relegation works but it became obvious many people don't understand how it wrks going by last season. 

Anyhow, maybe you'll get to avoid it again via a vote? It's how football things are settled in Scotland these days. And if games have to be abandoned, award the points to the team ahead at that point. They must deserve it as no team ever comes from behind to win things. It's only fair. In fact, why even bother playing matches? Let's just do it over email.

7 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

That's not how relegation works but it became obvious many people don't understand how it wrks going by last season. 

Anyhow, maybe you'll get to avoid it again via a vote? It's how football things are settled in Scotland these days. And if games have to be abandoned, award the points to the team ahead at that point. They must deserve it as no team ever comes from behind to win things. It's only fair. In fact, why even bother playing matches? Let's just do it over email.

f**k off .....

37 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

So it's a yes to relegation with 8 games to go when 4 points behind? 

Did you miss the SPFL vote and the unanimous arbitration decision?

Yes! Yes! A thousand times YES.

435786888_20200820_223610(1).png.3e51e8748c6328d0ccb0288ecc67f95e.png

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

Aberdeen asking for current limit of 300 fans in tier 0 & 1 areas to be set aside so they can run a pilot.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55107323

They're requesting to be allowed 1,000 fans v Ross County in a fortnight - rising to 2,000 fans for St Johnstone on Boxing Day, and again 2,000 fans for Dundee Utd the following Saturday.

Aberdeen city is currently in tier 2.

30 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Aberdeen asking for current limit of 300 fans in tier 0 & 1 areas to be set aside so they can run a pilot.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55107323

They're requesting to be allowed 1,000 fans v Ross County in a fortnight - rising to 2,000 fans for St Johnstone on Boxing Day, and again 2,000 fans for Dundee Utd the following Saturday.

Aberdeen city is currently in tier 2.

Cases in Aberdeen are rising. Closer to tier 3 than 1.

10 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Cases in Aberdeen are rising. Closer to tier 3 than 1.

Aberdeen FC seem to think/hope otherwise:

https://www.afc.co.uk/2020/11/27/club-in-new-bid-for-return-of-fans-to-pittodrie/

AFC is therefore submitting another request for a test game, this time with 1,000 fans (5% capacity) on 12 December.

With the Scottish Government looking to move certain areas down the COVID-restriction tiers on 11th of December, the Club is hoping it can welcome 1,000 fans back to watch the game against Ross County.

Based on the Club’s highly-regulated measures it is asking the Scottish Government to include these test events for regions in Tier 2, which allow for access to indoor shopping centres, gyms, trampolining, bingo halls and cinemas.

The plan would then be to secure approval for just over 2,000 fans at the Boxing Day game against St Johnstone and at the Dundee United game on 2nd of January.

On 25/11/2020 at 20:10, Pull My Strings said:

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that there is no definitive justification for capping crowds at 300 rather than 200 or 400 (or nil or 40,000) because the science simply isn't there to provide an arithmetical answer and there are too many variables to find the optimum sweet spot. What then? Capacity crowds or no crowds? Or do we simply have to accept that it's a judgement call, made in good faith. If not, what's your rationale for refusing to accept that?

If it's a judgement call, then say so and provide the evidence that informs that judgement. I haven't seen any, apologies if I have missed it, to back this up. If no evidence, why can't clubs in Tier 1 areas, which mine is be allowed more fans but still in a safe socially distanced manner.  No such limits appear to have been issued to large shops or pubs. 

Possibly they feel nothing to lose as softly softly and the established methods have failed; but you do wonder if getting more militant - "open letter" this week another example - will actually make government or public health concede then compromise; or simply annoy and exasperate them?

Given tiers 0+1 at 300 is running now, perhaps a viable approach could be asking for more staged increases from 300, and adding tier 2; rather than bounce straight to 4-figure crowds for Premiership in borderline tier 3 areas over holiday period? Most clubs have more modest needs.

Previous view was:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54408588

Could we see fans back at smaller clubs first?

The test events were considered a success. People arrived, got to their seats, were distanced, left safely and were dispersed from the stadium. Professor Leitch says he looks forward to seeing further pilots, and hints that talks had taken place about having small numbers of crowds at lower-league games.

"I'm very mindful of the smaller clubs who could put together pretty strong mitigation to have small, distanced, local crowds and keep the vulnerable away. That will come back and I am an advocate for that but it's about timing.

"We haven't had that discussion fully yet with the SPFL and Scottish FA. Should they let Annan, for example, have crowds before Rangers and Celtic? There are arguments in both directions and at some point we'll trigger that but not yet, because we're still too worried about the virus."

87.5 cases per 100,000 in Aberdeen City this week and it's hard to get the Scottish Government to let 300 fans rattle about Pittodrie. 

There are 172 cases per 100,000 in Cumbria, an English Tier 2 county which means Carlisle United can let in 2,000 fans to Brunton Park.

Personally I think England have shat the bed but I just wanted to highlight the difference in approach.

Edited by tamthebam

10 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Cormack going off on one on Twitter.

He sounds more desperate every time he tweets.

Not sure how allowing those limited numbers in to pittodrie will put much of a dent in their losses as the hospitality punters still wont be in.

I am making the assumption nobody is going to be back in Easter Road til we have all had a vaccination.

7 minutes ago, The Stig said:

Plans form the SRU to let 5,000 into Murray field on Jan 2nd and increase to 25,000 for the six Nations.  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/55113775

If this goes ahead then there can be no objections to any request from football clubs.

I'll eat my hat if there's anything like a 1/3 full Murrayfield in February and March.

55 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Edinburgh is currently tier 3 - even in England that would be no crowds (and 2,000 if tier 2).

SRU want 5,000 in 5 weeks... 10,000 in 8 weeks... 25,000 in 11 weeks?

Optimistic.

Who's running their assocation with that level of delusion? Comack as well?

I'll eat my hat if there's anything like a 1/3 full Murrayfield in February and March.

Possibly depends on how many vaccinations have been given out by then? It’s optimistic but if they start rolling out in December then hopefully a good number done by March?

2 hours ago, The Stig said:

Plans form the SRU to let 5,000 into Murray field on Jan 2nd and increase to 25,000 for the six Nations.  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/55113775

If this goes ahead then there can be no objections to any request from football clubs.

Covid slides off Barbour jackets it seems...