COVID-19 In Scottish Football

National lockdown seems inevitable in England which means it’s certainly coming here too.
How we going to define elite then? We going to be shutting barbers and hairdressers etc but continuing with football?
Seems a bit mad tbqh.

2 minutes ago, Lex said:

We going to be shutting barbers and hairdressers etc but continuing with football?

A real brain teaser to understand why having 22 players run about an almost 2 acre field for 90 minutes, and getting tested multiple times before and after, would be fine, but having untested folk sit in an enclosed room for 30 minutes where nobody gets tested at all isn't.

A real brain teaser to understand why having 22 players run about an almost 2 acre field for 90 minutes, and getting tested multiple times before and after, would be fine, but having untested folk sit in an enclosed room for 30 minutes where nobody gets tested at all isn't.

Of course it’s not just 22 players. It’s the full squad, all the back room and technical staff, the referees, bus drivers etc etc. It’s not just them either.
It’s all their families and other people they live/come in contact with.

47 minutes ago, Lex said:

Of course it’s not just 22 players. It’s the full squad, all the back room and technical staff, the referees, bus drivers etc etc. It’s not just them either.
It’s all their families and other people they live/come in contact with.

Tbf the chances of football continuing aren't helped when staff members of a club currently under investigation for breaching protocols is going onto Twitter, and stating that the whole lockdown and restrictions around Covid is a complete over reaction...

1 hour ago, Lex said:

National lockdown seems inevitable in England which means it’s certainly coming here too.
How we going to define elite then? We going to be shutting barbers and hairdressers etc but continuing with football?
Seems a bit mad tbqh.

Not to mention the part-time levels in which players will be stopped from doing their actual day job but would get the supposed green light to carry on doing their glorified hobby without any credible 'Covid bubble' even existing. The optics of this are terrible and football authorities should be considering whether it is sensible for them to continue even if they have some bizarre government exemption. 

It probably hasn't come to this for the whole of Scottish football yet but you can see Glasgow and Lanarkshire being punted into the highest tier in the very near future.

I'm getting to the Mixu "what's the fucking point?" stage of BCD football. The football's still OK to watch but the emotional attachment is almost non-existent now and my mind's wandered in lot of games that it wouldn't have if I or other fans were there.

Accies aren't playing this weekend and didn't last week and I've not missed it one bit.

16 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I'm getting to the Mixu "what's the fucking point?" stage of BCD football. The football's still OK to watch but the emotional attachment is almost non-existent now and my mind's wandered in lot of games that it wouldn't have if I or other fans were there.

Accies aren't playing this weekend and didn't last week and I've not missed it one bit.

Stop the leagues right now and promote the team currently top of the Championship and relegate the team bottom of the Premiership (which will be St Mirren once they receive their points deduction).

I don't think anyone would object to that.

On 29/10/2020 at 17:13, 8GamesToGo said:

When the SPFL were warned by the government after the Aberdeen and Celtic incidents, the correct thing to do would have been to send inspectors to every club to check their safety measures, then this could have been avoided.

Instead they banned Hearts from training for a week.

3 hours ago, Lex said:

Seems a bit mad tbqh.

We would draw the line at Hearts as we have done for all other decisions

Guest 8GamesToGo
On 29/10/2020 at 11:17, TonyFerrino said:

Hearts aren't elite and therefore weren't allowed to train at the time.  Much like Alloa and Arbroath. 

😀

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-announces-latest-club-consultation-response

- a wide range of views were expressed as to how many fixtures should be completed for a valid season to be deemed to have been completed, in the event of early curtailment

This is the crux of the issue and it's something that you're never going to get clubs to agree on.

The scenario where football has to stop is very unlikely to come to pass now, so it's unlikely we'll ever have to implement any contingency plan. Difficult to see why the board want to persist with more of these when they're nowhere close to getting the required backing on any of these votes.

On 31/10/2020 at 11:33, accies1874 said:

I know that feeling.... I'd never miss a game in normal circumstance. 

During our game few weeks ago mid stream I went out and spent 20 mins tidying up my front garden. It's turning me into a fucking pensioner. GARDENING!!! While a Saints game is on. 😬😂

1 hour ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

During our game few weeks ago mid stream I went out and spent 20 mins tidying up my front garden. It's turning me into a fucking pensioner. GARDENING!!! While a Saints game is on. 😬😂

Excuse me! I’m a pensioner and you wouldn’t catch me anywhere near a garden. From a purely personal point of view, I’ve been as immersed in every Aberdeen match this season on TV as I would be in the ground. I won’t even leave the room when a Dons match is on. 

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Excuse me! I’m a pensioner and you wouldn’t catch me anywhere near a garden. From a purely personal point of view, I’ve been as immersed in every Aberdeen match this season on TV as I would be in the ground. I won’t even leave the room when a Dons mat

^^^^

Lives in a flat.

Guest 8GamesToGo

"It's important that we all stick together during this period, not shoot each other down." - Jim Goodwin

🤣

Not you, Hearts and Thistle. Not you.