COVID-19 In Scottish Football

51 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Celtic have been charged by the SPFL re Covid 19 regulations which will be heard on August 28th. Celtic are to ask the Scottish Government to allow them a special privilege, regardless of what Willy says, to allow their fans in to a match two days after that. To allow that to happen, a decision by the Scottish Government would have to be made prior to the outcome of the charge being known. The club think that is a reasonable request.

I think the original post was windup mate. No way they will use Celtic as the test. They haven’t proved they can control their players never mind a crowd.

5 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I think the original post was windup mate. No way they will use Celtic as the test. They haven’t proved they can control their players never mind a crowd.

I’m not so sure that these people are bright enough to attempt a wind up.

Celtic have been charged by the SPFL re Covid 19 regulations which will be heard on August 28th. Celtic are to ask the Scottish Government to allow them a special privilege, regardless of what Willy says, to allow their fans in to a match two days after that. To allow that to happen, a decision by the Scottish Government would have to be made prior to the outcome of the charge being known. The club think that is a reasonable request.
Ok Karen.

Just now, Romeo said:
7 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Ok Karen.

That’s not what the big ‘K’ stands for, although I have been called worse in all my years.

That’s not what the big ‘K’ stands for, although I have been called worse in all my years.

I'm not fussed who gets the "experimental" game. I would love to get back to the football though but I would have very little chance of being allowed to attend.

The main reason I hope we get it is the reaction on here.

These test events are - unsurprisingly - being talked of in the largest stadiums (Murrayfield and Celtic Park).

The SRU have talked of having maybe 700 people in that stadium - so its clearly just to look at the infrastructure and see how the protocols work.

I struggle to see how we will even accommodate our ST holders at Easter Road, never mind any walkups or away fans in the near future.

In a weird way, some of the lower league teams may find things a bit easier to restart without the restrictions of large numbers of STs and seating plans etc.

It'll come as no surprise that the SFA and Scottish government will bend over backwards to try get fans at the deid firm, it was always going to happen.

Peter will be arranging things as we speak.

Maybe they'll try it further down the divisions at a non elite club so Hearts could get a shout.

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

I'm not fussed who gets the "experimental" game. I would love to get back to the football though but I would have very little chance of being allowed to attend.

I am usually negative with regards to all things arsecheekery, however it makes complete sense to use both stadia for the restart. Large capacity at both to support social distancing & experienced matchday management teams used to coping with far greater numbers of people attending.

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

It'll come as no surprise that the SFA and Scottish government will bend over backwards to try get fans at the deid firm, it was always going to happen.

Use the first old firm game as a test but do it properly and have the ground full to capacity and split the crowd 50/50.

Test each fan on entry and administer the Russian Vaccine (provided its Polinium-210).

25 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Use the first old firm game as a test but do it properly and have the ground full to capacity and split the crowd 50/50.

Test each fan on entry and administer the Russian Vaccine (provided its Polinium-210).

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

For those of you that like a song at a game.

The headline is a classic 'not really the case' one by the time you get to the second half of the article which basically contradicts the headline claim

BBC News - Singing 'no riskier than talking' for virus spread https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53853961

Edited by rainbowrising

2 hours ago, Romeo said:

It’s all about you. 

35 minutes ago, Romeo said:

And don't you forget it. 

You've been slow to get your 2020/2021 "I hate Celtic more than everone else" routine started.

I look forward to your work this season with interest.

Most of the Rangers fans on here see Celtic as my big team. (And I won’t pick you up on your spelling.)

Edited by kingjoey