COVID-19 In Scottish Football

1 hour ago, virginton said:

The idea that any Championship club, never mind Hearts, need six full weeks of uninterrupted pre-season training before kicking a ball is ludicrous. This doesn't happen any other season because you're either in the Betfred Cup from mid-July or playing some Armenian pepper-howkers in Europe even earlier than that. 

Chris Sutton's take on the wider protocol breach story is pretty much spot on IMO, though getting laid into that braying gobshite Leitch right now is a bit of an open goal:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/boli-bolingoli-disgrace-celtic-disgusted-22523497

Don’t dis the Prof

Just to say that when some supporters are allowed back into grounds, they should be home supporters only and spread through all four stands. Keep the virus from travelling too far that way, and the resultant reduced risk may be persuasive to the government.

32 minutes ago, Huisdean50 said:

Why not when he behaves no better than an idiot doing the beckoning of a government who care nothing about football. 

Their messages suggest they do care about football, I think he speaks well, his priorities are clear and I accept they are not football but the nation in general. 

I notice that the newly formed Isle of Man FC took on Guernsey yesterday in front of a crowd of 350.

I'm not sure of the Flogging Tax Haven Island's Government's Covid regulations but I wonder if any groundhoppers from the mainland attended and whether there will be a cluster as a result 

17 hours ago, virginton said:

The idea that any Championship club, never mind Hearts, need six full weeks of uninterrupted pre-season training before kicking a ball is ludicrous. This doesn't happen any other season because you're either in the Betfred Cup from mid-July or playing some Armenian pepper-howkers in Europe even earlier than that. 

Chris Sutton's take on the wider protocol breach story is pretty much spot on IMO, though getting laid into that braying gobshite Leitch right now is a bit of an open goal:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/boli-bolingoli-disgrace-celtic-disgusted-22523497

Yeah I agree with just about all of this.

I was/am angry at the Dons players for a lack of common sense but it became quite clear, quite quickly that this was going to turn into a total melodrama. Think there needs to be some perspective that they went for a pint, not for a mass orgy.

Also, and I say this as a fan of Sturgeon, her clear contempt for football came through in spades last week and wasn't the most endearing thing. 

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I was/am angry at the Dons players for a lack of common sense but it became quite clear, quite quickly that this was going to turn into a total melodrama. Think there needs to be some perspective that they went for a pint, not for a mass orgy.

Also, and I say this as a fan of Sturgeon, her clear contempt for football came through in spades last week and wasn't the most endearing thing. 

Sturgeon had every right to be contemptuous of the irresponsible actions of high profile individuals. 

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

For me Sturgeon is using football to flex her muscles she knows how popular it is in Scotland and she knows she has the power to turn it on or off at anytime.
Players maybe in an elite sports bubble but nobody should be restricted to do what they want within the guidelines.
Breaking the government guidelines and getting fined for it is a public issue not a footballing issue.
None of us fans want the game stopped but using players as a political football is wrong,there was always going to be some daft players caught up in trying to live their normal lives.
I couldn't careless what the players do outside of football that's their own independence and Sturgeon should know the difference.

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

For me Sturgeon is using football to flex her muscles she knows how popular it is in Scotland and she knows she has the power to turn it on or off at anytime.
Players maybe in an elite sports bubble but nobody should be restricted to do what they want within the guidelines.
Breaking the government guidelines and getting fined for it is a public issue not a footballing issue.
None of us fans want the game stopped but using players as a political football is wrong,there was always going to be some daft players caught up in trying to live their normal lives.
I couldn't careless what the players do outside of football that's their own independence and Sturgeon should know the difference.

So. You are saying footballers are above responsibility to public health?

20 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Footballers have a huge responsibility to behave correctly. 

If they are found to be breaking the clear rules then they should be suspended for 10+ games and their clubs fined.

22 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Footballers have a huge responsibility to behave correctly. 

If they are found to be breaking the clear rules then they should be suspended for 10+ games and their clubs fined.

Have we not learned from the past few months that football has it's own rules and keeps it's own house in order.
The rules the players broke where outside of football and have been fined and dealt with.
Football will also reprimand these players for their behavior.
The clubs are not responsible for the players actions outside of football. 

Edited by wastecoatwilly

21 hours ago, prodcast said:

Just to say that when some supporters are allowed back into grounds, they should be home supporters only and spread through all four stands. Keep the virus from travelling too far that way, and the resultant reduced risk may be persuasive to the government.

It'll be season ticket holders only i imagine or we'll just end up with away fans buying home tickets. 

On 16/08/2020 at 16:48, prodcast said:

Well, the government probably don’t care how clubs would implement social distancing.

They will however want to stop mass movement across the country every weekend. So I reckon that will be the motivation behind any away supporter ban.

10 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Have the schools had their yellow card yet?

On 11/08/2020 at 13:57, rainbowrising said:

You can't see the difference between something that is hard to do and actually having a feasible solution?  Between April and June hospitals were over run, ICU was rammed.  So what would your hard solution have been?  The care of elderly and infirm can't be equated with dealing with a football league that seems incapable of getting through 3 weeks of fixtures without fucking it up.

😂

Citatation required

16 hours ago, The Master said:

Well, the government probably don’t care how clubs would implement social distancing.

They will however want to stop mass movement across the country every weekend. So I reckon that will be the motivation behind any away supporter ban.

21 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

It'll be season ticket holders only i imagine or we'll just end up with away fans buying home tickets. 

That's why I reckon it'll be season ticket holders only as if it's not then away fans will buy tickets and travel regardless of being told not to.