COVID-19 In Scottish Football

9 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Lennon was a nobody in football terms when he came here, a dogged midfielder with a run-of-the-mill club. Hardly high profile as was said before in this thread and seldom mentioned in the same breath as Messi.  

He was your second most expensive transfer ever at the time, and had over 100 EPL games for a Leicester side who won a Cup and played in Europe 😂

I had no idea you were one of the fucking morons who believed anyone, outwith two clubs, gives a f**k about a players religion, yet here we are.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

I'm not sure players are in these sort of distinct bubbles, but even if they are and Ntcham isn't in Jullien's one, the fact that he's self-isolating suggests that he has been considered a close contact of Jullien along with 12 other players.

And even at that, there's no guarantee he caught it from Jullien. There's enough covid going around in Dubai and Glasgow for him to get it independently.

Would it also mean that potentially more Celtic players, who may have been a close contact of Ntcham, but not Jullien, may have to self isolate now? 

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He was your second most expensive transfer ever at the time, and had over 100 EPL games for a Leicester side who won a Cup and played in Europe 😂

I had no idea you were one of the fucking morons who believed anyone, outwith two clubs, gives a f**k about a players religion, yet here we are.

I’ve seen it at away grounds and suffered sectarian abuse at a few, worst cases were at Kilmarnock, Falkirk and Motherwell. As I said in my 1st post in this, it’s my opinion, and I don’t expect anyone who hasn’t witnessed it or experienced it to agree. 

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

His every touch on his debut at dens was booed by the home support, doubt it was due to him being a horrible, fat, cheating w****r, as he had never played in Scotland before, just my opinion btw. 

Using your logic, that would mean that every Catholic playing in Scotland around that time would be booed every time they touched the ball at Dens? Did that happen?

6 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

I’ve seen it at away grounds and suffered sectarian abuse at a few, worst cases were at Kilmarnock, Falkirk and Motherwell. As I said in my 1st post in this, it’s my opinion, and I don’t expect anyone who hasn’t witnessed it or experienced it to agree. 

Away to f**k you did 

13 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

I find it strange that you pick out harsh treatment at the places you mention but no mention of the atmosphere of an old firm match where the sectarian abuse is continual and much more intense. 

Edit .   Apologies to everyone for this opinion . I am in no way wanting to be held responsible for turning the thread into the usual sectarian debate. 

Edited by theoriginalhedge

1 minute ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I find it strange that you pick out harsh treatment at the places you mention but no mention of the atmosphere of an old firm match where the sectarian abuse is continual and much more intense. 

He can't hear it over his own sectarian singing there.

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

His every touch on his debut at dens was booed by the home support, doubt it was due to him being a horrible, fat, cheating w****r, as he had never played in Scotland before, just my opinion btw. 

To be fair was that straight from kick off or after he'd made a few tackles or complained to the ref or other players?

I've heard this before, but both Dundee clubs have had Irish players, have both Protestant and Catholic fans (amongst others). Besides if they were like that there would have been plenty of Celtic players to boo in addition to all the Irish players on their own team and other clubs. 

If someone is getting booed, it is because they are a threat to their team, or their behaviour is unacceptable on the pitch. In Dundee it is sod all to do with "the divide".

8 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Using your logic, that would mean that every Catholic playing in Scotland around that time would be booed every time they touched the ball at Dens? Did that happen?

Drew's just trying to divert attention away from yesterday's catastrophic press conference,  he knows he's posting rubbish.

17 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

😂

Are you genuinely claiming only people who've suffered sectarian abuse can identify it? And that certain boos are more sectarian than others?

Celtic fans masks have completely slipped here. Absolute moon howlers.

Edited by RandomGuy.

10 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Mind that time Billy King was booed at Celtic Park after being subbed while playing for Hearts?

Wonder why that was?

23 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

A while ago admittedly but was it not under Butcher one of Motherwells players got abused by their own fans? Fagan I think the guys name was. Must admit now Motherwell fans  are nothing like some of them used to be, quite jealous how their community style club is run tbh.

12 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

If there's one thing worse than people assuming you're a Catholic because you're a Celtic fan; it's people assuming you're a Celtic fan because you're a Catholic.

Truly offensive.

Im not a catholic but the amount of jibes about priests and asking about catholic schools (I never went to one) by work colleagues over the years is nauseating. Its a strange creepy obsession some people have about it.

Edited by gannonball

7 hours ago, Green Day said:

Remember when Celtic fans used to laugh at Rangers for their (equally pathetic) BBC stance?

So let me get this right..... Neil is attempting to pressurise Sky bosses into forcing Andy Walker to apologise.

Bullying in other words, which is one of Lennon's main gripes if I'm not mistaken.

What an absolute c**t.

35 minutes ago, bennett said:

Any news from the SFA regarding the compliance officer looking in to celtics recent breaches of Covid guidelines......

I think that position is vacant at the moment. Maybe Maxwell could provide cover in the meantime......although the fatal flaw in that suggestion is that it would involve Maxwell actually doing something. I’ll try to come up with a more realistic idea.