COVID-19 In Scottish Football

1 minute ago, realmadrid said:

https://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/post/club-statement-19012021

Statement from Kirsten Robertson, Head of Football Operations, St Johnstone FC.

St. Johnstone Football Club is extremely disappointed with the completely inaccurate and unfounded comments about our facilities made yesterday by Neil Lennon, the Celtic FC manager, in a media conference.

We provide one of the largest away team changing areas in the league. Every team, including Celtic, is also provided with a large area for team meetings. 

We follow all protocols and guidance to ensure the health and safety of all players, staff and officials. 

When Celtic FC visited McDiarmid Park on October 4th for an SPFL Premiership match, we made sure their every request and requirement was met. Celtic viewed all of our facilities before the game and no issues were raised. No issues were raised with us after the game.

All during this challenging period of the past nine months, our Football Club has maintained adherence to the highest of standards. Indeed, the SPFL delegates have commended us on our work during this campaign.

Colour me shocked, shocked. No, I mean the other thing... Unsurprised. Don't forget that Celtic have been the hardest done by in all this.

Just now, Mr Heliums said:

FS. Why do we humour that moron by issuing statements?

Nah, f**k that. It's good to see a club coming out and slapping his nonsense down.

Wish Hibs as a club (not just Dempster) had come out as publicly about the fixture rearrangement. It could've avoided all of this in the first place.

35 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

In amongst Celtic's appalling behaviour, there is a grain of truth in this guy's point.

Not the anti-Irish part, but the fact that the newspaper has dug out a dreadful old photo of Lennon looking like one of the Chewin' the Fat neds. That is deliberate on their part.

True.

I do wonder how many people know what a cartoon from the 1700s would look like, depicting some anti-Irish/Catholic message (Bennett and Kincardine excepted obviously...)

12 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Nah, f**k that. It's good to see a club coming out and slapping his nonsense down.

Wish Hibs as a club (not just Dempster) had come out as publicly about the fixture rearrangement. It could've avoided all of this in the first place.

Would only have been worth it if Steve Brown had read out the statement while miming wee air-quotes between every word.

Edited by Mr Heliums

21 minutes ago, Shannon said:
6 hours ago, akuram said:
I hope St Johnstone now give a response to this dressing room rant from Neil Lennon.
Did Celtic use the away dressing room?
Is it smaller than the home one?
Why?
Do the away teams use the Astra turf changing rooms?
How do our changing rooms compare to the other 11 clubs?

Sounds to me like Celtic got told to use 4 dressing rooms at St Johnstone as couldn't physically distance properly but the management & players decided to cram in the 1 dressing room. Likely did same at Hamilton Accies too.

Why would they do that?

If they did choose to use a smaller room than the ones provided that's their lookout and them breaking protocols, not St. Johnstone or Accies.

4 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Being honest, I am quite happy for us to say f**k all and just let Celtic make even bigger c***s of themselves than they have.

I agree with @Mr Heliumssay nothing and let the timplosion carry on.

6 minutes ago, btb said:

I think Lennon knows his days are numbered and was playing to the paranoid element of the Celtic support.

The non paranoid element could probably have (social distanced) met in the St Johnstone away changing room...

15 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

FS. Why do we humour that moron by issuing statements?

I think the club probably had to respond to some degree.

Lennon's comments, although evidently false, could potentially damage St J's reputation and bring further scrutiny on the club from media, SFA, government, etc. 

I've lived in Glasgow  surrounded by the Celtic-Rangers, Irish-British, Catholic-Protestant pish all my life and gun to my head I couldnt tell you what an 18th century caricature of an Irishman looks like.

Might it just be that it it exactly what Lennon is? A fucking idiot who happens to be Irish.

Colour me shocked that the media portray him negatively the day after he hosts an angry, embarrassing press conference, bans certain press outlets and falsely accuses the media of bullying him and his team.

Sheridan looks pished or on some prescription gear.
Cant take him seriously since all the stories about him bedhopping with frilly knickers came out.

Can’t take him seriously? I’m pishing myself laughing at that video.
It’s like some Rev IM Jolly sketch on steroids.......

The sort of people who see 18th century caricatures of an Irishman in that article are the sort of people looking to find 18th century caricatures of Irishmen.

They've made him look daft. It's a cheap shot, but it isn't the first time it's been done to a hapless manager.