COVID-19 In Scottish Football

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

From a footballing point of view Neil Lennon is bang on and deserves to be raging.
Celtic were forced to play the last two games with a weakened squad yet any other team in the country wouldn't fulfill the fixture get a fine and play the games with a full squad at a later date.

No one has suffered as much as celtic have throughout the pandemic. 

6 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Yes, not getting a £20 grand fine.

Aye Celtic should stop wasting millions on their squad and cut it down to something like 500K for a season, just think of the advantage they'd have. Be interesting to see how many trophies you can win with that big advantage over Sevco.

29 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Radio Scotland podcast now available.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p094d7vf

Half way through it - hugely entertaining stuff.  NL's claim that Celtic's protocols were "perfect" and they had "no cases".... wow. 

I wonder if it's just the one delusional, petulant, paranoid orange-haired conspiracy theorist / crybaby who has his last day in his job tomorrow, or two?

Just now, VictorOnopko said:

Half way through it - hugely entertaining stuff.  NL's claim that Celtic's protocols were "perfect" and they had "no cases".... wow. 

I wonder if it's just the one delusional, petulant, paranoid orange-haired conspiracy theorist / crybaby who has his last day in his job tomorrow, or two?

Did you visualise him doing the air quotes when he said "privilege"?

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Is that the only reason for having a bigger squad than anyone else in the league?

Are we talking about football or some doctor coming into the Aberdeen dressing room taking 13 players and telling McInnes to get on with it?
I'm pretty sure McInnes would be raging tae.

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Are we talking about football or some doctor coming into the Aberdeen dressing room taking 13 players and telling McInnes to get on with it?
I'm pretty sure McInnes would be raging tae.

Close contacts aren’t picked at random.  They occur when players spend time together not socially distanced.   Such as sitting together playing fifa or going to a bar together,  or sitting together on a plane...  Clubs not wanting to lose players due to isolating might want to try and prevent such situations occurring...

Fair play to Nicola Sturgeon and the Scottish media, what a fucking spectacular meltdown they have got. Lovely stuff.

Neil Lennon is a dead man walking and the fact Lawwell hasn't acted before now has led to this today. Another totally unforced own goal by the men who fucked ten.

Keep it coming lads, we are all lapping this up as Scottish football fans.

7 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Fair play to Nicola Sturgeon and the Scottish media, what a fucking spectacular meltdown they have got. Lovely stuff.

Neil Lennon is a dead man walking and the fact Lawwell hasn't acted before now has led to this today. Another totally unforced own goal by the men who fucked ten.

Keep it coming lads, we are all lapping this up as Scottish football fans.

Surely Lawell will be getting his jotters as well?

5 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

I want to know why Celtic felt the need to take 60 (SIXTY!) folk half way around the world with them on what they keep telling people was nothing more than a weeks football training.

Someone had to carry Julien’s bags.  The man is on crutches FFS.  Have a heart.

No one has suffered as much as celtic have throughout the pandemic. 

Of course League One and below have been suspended and may ever restart meaning that my club may have to try for a third time to get promoted having been deprived the chance twice, but Celtic have suffered terribly.
Time we all got some good news. How about we do a double on Wednesday and relieve Trump and Lennon of their services simultaneously?......

Just now, roman_bairn said:

Of course League One and below have been suspended and may ever restart meaning that my club may have to try for a third time to get promoted having been deprived the chance twice, but Celtic have suffered terribly.
Time we all got some good news. How about we do a double on Wednesday and relieve Trump and Lennon of their services simultaneously?......

You’re on the verge of going full Celtic here...

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

From a footballing point of view Neil Lennon is bang on and deserves to be raging.
Celtic were forced to play the last two games with a weakened squad yet any other team in the country wouldn't fulfill the fixture get a fine and play the games with a full squad at a later date.

No he doesn’t have any right to be raging. He has come out today raging that the trip was called a jolly yet he took a player who couldn’t train along for “work that couldn’t be done in Scotland” 

That “work” caused that injured player to catch COVID resulting in said games to be played with a weakened squad.

Lennon is the owner of this mess, he is culpable for it by his own admission. It’s almost as if he has spent the last 10 days watching Gerald Ratner and Prince Andrew and thought hold my drink fellas.

The man has turned himself into a fucking pariah even the club haven’t acknowledged the interview which is something they always do.

My question to you is do you still think you backed the right horse? Still think he will turn it around? Still keeping the faith Willy? 

Edited by Jinky67