COVID-19 In Scottish Football

25 minutes ago, bennett said:

It was ridiculous that the clubs were docked points in the first place but it's been sorted out eventually. I suppose we can still trust the spfl to make sure things run smoothly. 

No club was docked points and tbh it would have been a fairer punishment than what was originally given out. 

27 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Foundation of Hearts chairman is still incredulous.

Sad! 435786888_20200820_223610(1).png.3e51e8748c6328d0ccb0288ecc67f95e.png

You'd be forgiven for thinking Hearts had some radical, Scottish football saving, reform up for grabs last Summer, and not just two extra clubs in one division for a season, with nothing else changing.

24 minutes ago, santheman said:

Ditto  I don't know many Well fans who thought we should have got the points in the first place but its odd that one panel comes to a certain conclusion while another comes to a completely different one (unless facts that weren't available to the original panel became available to the appeals panel?)

I think every team would like a transparent explanation on how each decision was made so we can at least understand the logic behind them but I wont hold my breath for that.

The appeals weren't about gilt, both St Mirren & Killie held their hands up to breeches in Covid protocols. The appeals were about the severity of punishment.

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

Heard from VERY reliable sources that Accies will be taking this to the High Court with the help of a respected lawyer called Leslie Deans. St Mirren won't stand a chance and we'll get the three points back before tomorrow's game.

I can't say anymore though.

He’ll be lucky - allegedly St Mirren have a very powerful backer to support them in the High Court.

72A9A0EA-1D84-40A4-88AA-6A42360292B6.jpeg

On 14/01/2021 at 16:09, Yflab said:

168 hours is a long time in COVID land. Just your seven days! Jeez. No guarantee that those players were not carrying the virus then!

Indeed. They weren't though. All our players were tested for 3 or 4 weeks around the start of the season. None of them ever were found positive.......... unlike St Mirren who had positive cases before AND after our match.

4 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Indeed. They weren't though. All our players were tested for 3 or 4 weeks around the start of the season. None of them ever were found positive.......... unlike St Mirren who had positive cases before AND after our match.

No wonder we were shite against you, tbf.

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

No wonder we were shite against you, tbf.

Joking aside, I remember thinking that at the time when St Mirren had 2 or 3 positives the week after of guys who played in the game. I wondered if they had been already affected by it without realising. Still the biggest mystery of the season is how you got something out of that game. We were two up and should have been about 4 up before you even started. And yet, you're in the semi final now! Good luck.

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:
1 hour ago, Munoz said:
To all supporters that laughed at us........
-mNOK3.gif.ff41184ebbd253d915d91cbef7a4fe44.gif

Would you also like to send this to the people whose friends and families have died of Coronavirus?

So just to be clear, you object to a GIRFUY to fans who laughed at our players and staff who contracted COVID and us being unable to play a ‘game’ of football as it is disrespectful to families and friends who have died of COVID?

End of the day we will never really know if there was more to the whole thing so we might as well move on. It’s that or a few weeks of bickering between sets of supporters, not going to achieve anything really is it because most fans will always see things from their own clubs perspectives.

9 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Yes.

There was no legal basis to overturn the SPFL ruling.

I think the 3 indepenent legally qualified panel members who took less than 24 hrs to reach their decission will disagree with you .....