COVID-19 In Scottish Football

4 hours ago, NorthBank said:

Fans that followed Scottish football closely should immediately see the irony of my post. However as you do not appear to fall into that category I shall spell it out for you.

Many Clubs have broken Covid Rules. However only two clubs have been punished 3-0 forfeits , not for breaking Covid rules, but for 'not being able to fulfil a fixture'. Which raises the question why are Clubs not having a 3-0 forfeit at other times when they 'cannot fulfil a fixture'? I have never know a Club to suffer a 3-0 forfeit when games are called off for floodlight failure, waterlogged pitches, frozen pitches, icy pavements or when many players are down with an illness like the flu. So when the illness is Covid during a world wide pandemic why is that the only reason to be punished when other clubs cannot fulfil fixtures for no-Covid reasons?

If you require further explanation  in future over topics you don't get just PM me.

How many times were cup games previously forfeited because a club was unable to fulfil a fixture? That's already happened this season in both the Scottish and English League Cups though, because of Covid protocols. It's almost as if there's a global pandemic ongoing which makes your shrieking and whataboutery about waterlogged pitches and icy pavements being equivalent issues utterly risible.

Still, presumably if Saint Mirren and other clubs were so keen on making sure that the Unique and Intolerable Injustice of forfeiting a game due to Covid restrictions was avoided, they must have organised a motion to explicitly remove this option from the SPFL's scope of action prior to season starting. Or perhaps they only became interested in the injustice of it all once Saint Mirren's protocols proved unable to keep weans out of a close never mind a highly contagious virus. 

2 hours ago, CambieBud said:

If St Mirren and Killie lose today’s appeal, the biggest loser is Ross County who will be marooned, so to speak. That cannot be right

Perhaps a fifteen point penalty could be slapped onto the losing parties then. As noble crusaders against all iniquity in the world, I'm sure that Saint Mirren would willingly acquiesce with that outcome. 

Edited by vikingTON

14 minutes ago, virginton said:

How many times were cup games previously forfeited because a club was unable to fulfil a fixture? That's already happened this season in both the Scottish and English League Cups though, because of Covid protocols. It's almost as if there's a global pandemic ongoing which makes your shrieking and whataboutery about waterlogged pitches and icy pavements being equivalent issues utterly risible.

Still, presumably if Saint Mirren and other clubs were so keen on making sure that the Unique and Intolerable Injustice of forfeiting a game due to Covid restrictions was avoided, they must have organised a motion to explicitly remove this option from the SPFL's scope of action prior to season starting. Or perhaps they only became interested in the injustice of it all once Saint Mirren's protocols proved unable to keep weans out of a close never mind a highly contagious virus. 

Perhaps a fifteen point penalty could be slapped onto the losing parties then. As noble crusaders against all iniquity in the world, I'm sure that Saint Mirren would willingly acquiesce with that outcome. 

I remember once upon a time that Morton were in the top division of Scottish football. Do you? 😂 

ABFDDC78-A904-41EF-A6DC-EBE8F8B4B4DB.thumb.jpeg.c8afc9ca8586a6ff51325397cf6cc6a8.jpeg

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, virginton said:

How many times were cup games previously forfeited because a club was unable to fulfil a fixture?

The last time in Scottish football was a whole two years ago when Bohemians failed to fulfil their match against East Fife in the Challenge Cup. Prior to that, it also happened in the Scottish Cup in 2001 when Airdrie couldn't get a team together for a match against Peterhead.

10 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I think you're allowed to transfer players too. 

After last summer that would be my key concern 🤷‍♂️
It is all about timing and when the games are rearranged. 
If we get the opportunity to reshape our squad and can hopefully make it better what with a new Manager at the helm.  If the games are to be replayed so be it. I would hope our team would be as much up for the games as Killie and St M. 

1 minute ago, Yflab said:

I don’t understand that bit where it says “Mandatory Covid testing has just been introduced for Championship clubs.”?

So what have they been doing up til now? Does that mean that St Mirren players could have caught it during the games in the league cup eg QOTS?

Most likely. 

4 minutes ago, Yflab said:

I don’t understand that bit where it says “Mandatory Covid testing has just been introduced for Championship clubs.”?

So what have they been doing up til now? Does that mean that St Mirren players could have caught it during the games in the league cup eg QOTS?

no

3 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Was testing not supposed to be done for lower league clubs ahead of any games against Premiership clubs in the League Cup?

The Premiership clubs were paying for the testing or something like that.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Goodness me you are bitter. Unlike you though I won't give you a red dot for expressing an opinion.

We are not talking about Cups. Has there ever been a League game suffer a forfeit for 'not being able to fulfil a fixture' due to illness. Maybe you could tell us when.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-covid-forfeit-plans-rejected-22947400

Edited by NorthBank

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

H2H.

1812239688_ScreenShot2021-01-14at16_05_56.png.881392f8b24f448c2fde83c6bd54a4fc.png

168 hours is a long time in COVID land. Just your seven days! Jeez. No guarantee that those players were not carrying the virus then!

3 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Goodness me you are bitter. Unlike you though I won't give you a red dot for expressing an opinion.

We are not talking about Cups. Has there ever been a League game suffer a forfeit for 'not being able to fulfil a fixture'. Maybe you could tell us when.

I could be completely wrong but St Mirren asked for the game to be postponed but the SPFL did not sanction it, then St Mirren said they could not field a team for what ever reason COVID suspensions and injuries being sited. 

17 minutes ago, Yflab said:

I thought lower league testing was a requirement for any club if playing against top flight oposition

15 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Can you remind me of the last time a team forfeited a fixture due to having players unavailable through illness?

I recall a Dunfermline vSt.Mirren game being called off in Tom Hendries day because the saints team were all ill. The game was played a couple of months later . There were no sanctions. I'm sure there are many other similar cases so why is it so different this season