Lex

COVID-19 In Scottish Football 2020/2021

18 minutes ago, Swello said:

In the last few years, I've grudgingly admired Celtic's PR as they always seem to be in control of stuff (while Rangers have been going statement daft and always looking like they are reacting incredulously to events) - but they have gone off the rails completely this season.

I think the reason for that is that they had an air of professionalism about them under Rodgers (despite the parochial mindset of the board). He got results on the park that meant any bad PR for Celtic did could be largely ignored. Soon as things go downhill on the pitch with 'Lenny' at the helm (who's about the closest thing to unprofessional in the modern game) then this was an inevitable unravelling. Especially since Celtic still have that air of undignified infallibility about them.

Edited by HibsFan

37 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

I think the reason for that is that they had an air of professionalism about them under Rodgers (despite the parochial mindset of the board). He got results on the park that meant any bad PR for Celtic did could be largely ignored. Soon as things go downhill on the pitch with 'Lenny' at the helm (who's about the closest thing to unprofessional in the modern game) then this was an inevitable unravelling. Especially since Celtic still have that air of undignified infallibility about them.

Well put mate. The photo of bullying duo Brown and Lennon drinking beer and laughing at poolside when their families are at home during a global pandemic doesn’t actually require any words about the lack of professionalism at Celtic since BR left.

1 hour ago, HibsFan said:

Can't find a non-Sun link, but Broony's poured gasoline on the fire by defending the "sunbed" photo.

ETA: https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/19004156.celtic-skipper-scott-brown-hits-back-criticism-dubai-poolside-picture-neil-lennon/

Just when you thought they could get more tone deaf. 

“We’re entitled to a pint together because we work hard all day”.

Yup, that’ll really go down well in a country where all the pubs are closed. 

6 minutes ago, The Master said:

All the top sports people do it when they are doing their high intensity training. It is proven by science that a couple of pints enhances performance.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

On 11/01/2021 at 12:00, AJF said:

6pm: "Alexa, play Clyde 1 FM"

Your daily public service announcement. I have a feeling tonight will be even more enjoyable.

18 minutes ago, The Master said:

Aye, Broony, lay on how hard you've worked to all the poor c***s who've been furloughed or laid off. Cheers!

Just now, Doctor Manhattan said:

Aye, Broony, lay on how hard you've worked to all the poor c***s who've been furloughed or laid off. Cheers!

Are they going to be burning bundles of money outside the Stadium for their next trick tomorrow? Still better value than Shane Duffy mind.

Coisty telling it -

Talking on the Breakfast show (talkSPORT, Tuesday, 7.30am), McCoist said, “Honest to God, it’s carnage. It’s chaos. Absolute chaos. Celtic are all over the place, 13 players, three staff self-isolating.

“Ian Maxwell from the SFA came out yesterday and for some reason tried to defend it, which was horrendous to listen to.

“There’s an element of Celtic people hiding behind the fact of ‘Well the Government allowed us to do it, the SFA allowed us to do it’.

“You know something, it doesn’t matter whether they allowed you to do it, it was the wrong thing to do. Simple as. I thought the SFA let themselves down as well yesterday.

“Then they go over, and the first thing that happens – as you’d expect – is photographs of them come out sitting at the pool drinking beer.

“Earlier on in the season they’ve banned Aberdeen players for doing the exact same thing. They’ve banned Kilmarnock players for sitting next to each other on the bus?

“The double standards. The whole thing is a shambles to tell you the truth.”

SFA have tried damage limitation on it and failed miserably. Making rules up as the go along. Double standards. 

Another thing promised to Hibs is if they get any covid from Celtic last night they can postpone the semi final against St. Johnstone. Prime example of making things up as they go along and reactive decisions rather than setting consistent rules and sticking to them they just make adhoc decisions that suit that one situation at that one given time. 

Do the teams in the other semi final get the option if they get covid? Doubt it...

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

Tom English on the BBC saying that the cost of Celtic's trip has been estimated at £250,000.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

All the top sports people do it when they are doing their high intensity training. It is proven by science that a couple of pints enhances performance.

That's the best bit of it. They obviously weren't serious about training at all it was just an excuse for a holiday.

Nice of the league to consult St Johnstone about a possible reschedule of the semi.

1 hour ago, The Master said:

Aye, it really is hilariously out of touch. My girlfriend works for Celtic, she's been on furlough since last June. Stuck in her tiny flat, desperately trying to stave off depression for 6 months and having no human contact for that time other than me and a chat every now and then with her mum. She was over the moon when she heard the first team were being sent out on all expenses paid piss up to Dubai. "They deserve it, they work hard all day" she said...

3 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Nice of the league to consult St Johnstone about a possible reschedule of the semi.

I hope Saints say something about this and say it soon.

Otherwise lets say at the start of next week Hibs have a few injures, why not just call it covid and get 10 days off then bring the players back for the date when ever they are ready to play.

33 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

I hope Saints say something about this and say it soon.

Otherwise lets say at the start of next week Hibs have a few injures, why not just call it covid and get 10 days off then bring the players back for the date when ever they are ready to play.

It's mental that folk still think you can just "call it covid" to get a match moved without having to provide any sort of supporting evidence.

Joking aside surely Celtic employ some PR people? At the moment, as soon as anyone at the club opens their mouth, it just becomes another disaster. Each time I see a statement; I think it cant get any worse and yet there pops up another to prove me wrong.

59 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

It's mental that folk still think you can just "call it covid" to get a match moved without having to provide any sort of supporting evidence.

Or indeed the impact on others of the track and trace that would kick in. People need to think their conspiracy theories out better.

On a separate note I see Grimsby Town have been hit with a suspended fine (why suspended!) for a trail of Covid breaches including group games of darts as part of team training.  It really is remarkable.

Edited by rainbowrising