COVID-19 In Scottish Football

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Dear me, needlessly aggressive response IMO. Did somebody pish on your lunch ? Or are you upset that my diddy team are in the LC semi and yours isn't ? Apologies for invading your forum !!

🙂

My lunch was fine.

Disappointed that my team isn't in the semi final, not upset.

12 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

He's like an American politician. It's sad that be genuinely believes the Celtic incident had anything to do with the lower leagues being stopped. 

Why were the lower leagues not stopped when the rules changed on Boxing day?

2 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Why were the lower leagues not stopped when the rules changed on Boxing day?

Because the requirement to test below the Premiership was not in place at that time I imagine. 

If people honestly belief stopping League 1 and League 2 helps the SFA or appeases the Gov in any way after Celtic situation then they're away with it. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

10 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Because there was no change to the designation of professional sport at that point, and now there is.

That doesn't answer the question as you well know. Given that in March football was suspended when we went in to lockdown it would have been logical to suspend it again on Boxing Day. There could have been a continued exemption for the top division. So why suspend it now two and a bit weeks later?

2 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

That doesn't answer the question as you well know. Given that in March football was suspended when we went in to lockdown it would have been logical to suspend it again on Boxing Day. There could have been a continued exemption for the top division. So why suspend it now two and a bit weeks later?

There were no measures and plans etc in place in March. Clubs worked over the summer to get everything in place and have plans etc for the new season.

The Boxing Day restrictions were/are covered by the measures already in place.