COVID-19 In Scottish Football

Just now, Romeo said:

Question.

When Killie and St Mirren had the outbreaks were they still able to put a team out or were the games cancelled?

St Mirren had 10 players unavailable but could not make up a squad of 13 due to injuries so had to postpone. The size of the squad was the issue.

2 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

They couldn't field a team without including untested youth players.

Celtic and their massive squad will be different.

The youth teams were not being tested at the time so we could not put a squad together.

Edited by NorthBank

1 minute ago, Romeo said:

Question.

When Killie and St Mirren had the outbreaks were they still able to put a team out or were the games cancelled?

In St. Mirren's case, the full squad was forced into isolation, effectively forcing postponement.

Apart from when the 3 goalies were forced into isolation - the prospect of us playing with no goalie was fine for the SPFL.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

In St. Mirren's case, the full squad was forced into isolation, effectively forcing postponement.

Apart from when the 3 goalies were forced into isolation - the prospect of us playing with no goalie was fine for the SPFL.

Not true. We had 12 registered players available including 4 keepers.

4 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Question.

Killie were only left with youth players, there wasn't enough time to test them to play the following day, they asked for a postponement but this was denied.

18 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Out of interest, do you know who/how 'close contacts' are determined?

Just that I trust Celtic's judgment on this as much as I trust Capitol police to defend a building at minute.

17 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I think the requirements are the same as for the general public - more than 15 minutes within 2 metres, or some shorter period of time within 1 metre. In terms of how it is determined, I think clubs are required to provide seating plans for all transport and meals while the group is together. The SPFL judgement on Killie's case talked about examining these seating plans. I think the SFA doctor (or someone similar) was interviewed at some point and mentioned that they had actually taken photos at every meal and on the buses for this purpose.

However, I have no idea how it is policed. Like you, I would not be entirely surprised to see Celtic put forward a couple of "sacrificial lambs" as close contacts.

Looks like it's lambing season at Parkhead. 329690862_JackataLoss.png.93986e81ac9cf9621a7d49d2f5642cf1.png

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I'm amazed that the SFA's imposed lockdown of the Scottish Cup and lower leagues hasn't been extended to include the League Cup semi-finals since it's four diddy teams remaining. 

Pish patter. This thread has been great reading over the last few pages with numerous amusing posts, so please don't ruin it.

40 minutes ago, Romeo said:

If every other single team isn't phoning round their staff and players telling them to watch what they are doing they'd be negligent. Unfortunately, this will happen to someone else.

Aye, you could be right.  I think this could lead to Forfar Athletic cancelling their warm weather training week in Mauritius

1 minute ago, Caledonian1 said:

Aye, you could be right.  I think this could lead to Forfar Athletic cancelling their warm weather training week in Mauritius

No, they cancelled the trip last week when the club was told it couldn't import bridies as part of their special training regime diet. 

21 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Pish patter. This thread has been great reading over the last few pages with numerous amusing posts, so please don't ruin it.

Dear me, needlessly aggressive response IMO. Did somebody pish on your lunch ? Or are you upset that my diddy team are in the LC semi and yours isn't ? Apologies for invading your forum !!

🙂