COVID-19 In Scottish Football

I do indeed.
Thats the chance well just need to take.
Nope. No it's not. It's a chance you can take if you like. As someone whose wife is in the extremely vulnerable category who received one of the very blunt letters from the government laying out the consequences the virus could have on her, I will carry on being very fucking careful what I do, if it's all the same to you.

47 minutes ago, resk said:

Any details or evidence of these protocols which restrict footballers outside work more than you or I? The eight Dons players broke the law (no more than three households in group indoors) and so did Bolingoli (isolation after being in Spain).

Alex Dyer (I think) said he had told his players they could go to restaurants and not pubs. So assuming Killie are acting within the protocols, and the protocols do what you say they do, does that mean that the protocols say that its okay to go to restaurants but not to pubs?

Jason Leitch said today that one more breach means he will have to recommend to Scottish Government that 'sporting bubbles' don't work. It is a non-essential industry allowed to reduce social distancing between employees.

He also made quite a telling remark, saying that as a result of the meeting (yesterday, and I paraphase slightly) he is confident clubs know what they're doing now, fairly confident managers do but much less so about players.

Edited by cmontheloknow

Apologies. For some reason I failed to notice  the grim subtext beyond the stupid humour conveyed in the pic.. 

Edited by Mistermark 75
Deleted, someone sent me the pic and for some bizarre reason I missed the obvious connotations. Apologies.

Having read the statement from the Joint Response Group on the SPFL website, the government asked for the three games to be postponed. I can understand their reasoning on the Aberdeen v Hamilton match, the JRG say it’s postponed because of the ongoing lockdown in Aberdeen city, but I’m struggling to get my head around the two Celtic postponements. If it’s a health issue, then why are Kilmarnock being allowed to play? If the excuse is that Kilmarnock players are regularly tested, then so are Celtic players. If it’s as a punishment, what is the punishment because the games will be played anyway in the future. There’s no crowds so there’s no monetary punishment. I don’t get it. And given that it’s only 7 days away, why has the Champions League qualifier not been cancelled?

If the spfl gave clubs specific rules about what players are allowed to do and they are breaking those rules if they really want to stop  any other players doing this ( or getting caught doing it) surely they have to hit clubs where it hurts with points deductions and clubs hit players where it hurts them with significant fines. 

38 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Having read the statement from the Joint Response Group on the SPFL website, the government asked for the three games to be postponed. I can understand their reasoning on the Aberdeen v Hamilton match, the JRG say it’s postponed because of the ongoing lockdown in Aberdeen city, but I’m struggling to get my head around the two Celtic postponements. If it’s a health issue, then why are Kilmarnock being allowed to play? If the excuse is that Kilmarnock players are regularly tested, then so are Celtic players. If it’s as a punishment, what is the punishment because the games will be played anyway in the future. There’s no crowds so there’s no monetary punishment. I don’t get it. And given that it’s only 7 days away, why has the Champions League qualifier not been cancelled?

Kilmarnock haven’t had a quarantine dodger lurking around their training ground for a week - asked and answered

10 hours ago, virginton said:

How many people then have been prosecuted for the crime of 'meeting people from more than four households in a day' in 2020 so far?

Be extremely specific. 

Feck off with your constant crap. 

Is that specific enough?

6 hours ago, ropy said:

Kilmarnock haven’t had a quarantine dodger lurking around their training ground for a week - asked and answered

Not suggesting that they have, but they had one on the same pitch as their players spitting on their pitch and shaking their players hands at the end of the game.

6 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Rumour you say?

Probably some c**t and Photoshop right enough but heyho!

20200811_223227.jpg

Oh my days! Looks legit sadly.

And how are they sharing a very small arm and hand between them?

It's all very concerning and I hope Nicola is looking into it.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo