COVID-19 In Scottish Football

2 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

I'm saying going abroad and using your elite sporting status to play a competitive game is fine, yes, as long as it is within the rules. 

Using your elite status to go on a needless jolly shouldnt be.

As for breaking the rules, the conversation would have been far different if any of the Scotland players had positive tests after their celebrations. They didnt. 

Right so just confirming it's okay to break the rules if you are playing an actual game and there are no positive tests.

Cheers

31 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

This argument has been attempted already but apparently the Scotland players stayed in their secure squad bubble, areas, and didn’t mix with other hotel guests. 

37 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

You mean all those players/coaches who are clearly shown in their own bubble rather than mingling poolside with members of the public?

I’ve put the boot in to my team quite a bit regarding this trip however I see this point being made about them mixing with other guests. As far as I’m led to believe everyone at the poolside was a Celtic employee and haven’t seen anything to suggest otherwise or any other pictures of them mixing with the public.

Am I missing something or have I missed something?

Edited by Jinky67

40 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Any Celtic player that plays tonight will have two negative tests since coming back from Dubai. 

Safety isn't an issue it's all about whether the Scottish Government think they can make political capital out of it.

The player who tested positive would have had a negative test before they tested positive too.

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

We all know what is going to happen.

The Scottish Government will tell them to isolate for 10 days then the SPFL will say it's nothing to do with them and the trip was approved so no investigation required. 

If the Government tell them to do it, they'll have to do it.

30 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

This argument has been attempted already but apparently the Scotland players stayed in their secure squad bubble, areas, and didn’t mix with other hotel guests. 

It has and they did, BUT according to the protocols they shouldn't have been doing what they did as they were not playing so.it falls under the same expected behaviour as when travelling to games, subs bench etc, masked, no touching, 2m distance. What is the difference between that in a bubble and sitting to close on a private coach with the bubble or sharing a car in a bubble or playing a games console while staying in a bubble?

Not trying to admonish Celtic or anyone else, its maybe a more consistent approach that may help minor slips etc.and keep minds more focused.

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

We all know what is going to happen.

The Scottish Government will tell them to isolate for 10 days then the SPFL will say it's nothing to do with them and the trip was approved so no investigation required. 

If that is the case then there should be as many questions asked of the SPFL as there should be of Celtic. Anyone party to sanctioning this trip no matter who they are employed by should be held to account especially since someone’s health has now been impacted and has potential to impact more fixtures 

At least the majority of a Celtic fans are willing to accept how ridiculous their teams behaviour has been. 

Those attempting to dismiss it or use whataboutery are the truly tragic fans each football team possesses that can see no wrong in their own side. 

45 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Any Celtic player that plays tonight will have two negative tests since coming back from Dubai. 

Safety isn't an issue it's all about whether the Scottish Government think they can make political capital out of it.

That's bollocks though. The Exeter Chiefs team that infected half the Glasgow Warriors squad a few weeks ago also returned negative tests before the game. There are serious question marks over Celtic's Covid security here, just as there was before that game. The game tonight shouldn't go ahead.

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’d expect the game tonight will be postponed as a result of the government meeting that’s on just now.

Postponing the game wouldn't make any sense, given that Celtic will surely have sufficient players available who didn't go to Dubai.

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’d expect the game tonight will be postponed as a result of the government meeting that’s on just now.

36 minutes ago, GAD said:

That's bollocks though. The Exeter Chiefs team that infected half the Glasgow Warriors squad a few weeks ago also returned negative tests before the game. There are serious question marks over Celtic's Covid security here, just as there was before that game. The game tonight shouldn't go ahead.

It should go ahead, but every person on their Dubai trip should be put in isolation, and they should be forced to play their reserves/U21's/18's, why should they keep getting away with postponing games when others have had to play theirs with whatever players they could muster.

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

Right so just confirming it's okay to break the rules if you are playing an actual game and there are no positive tests.

Cheers

Are you actually seriously defending the club here?  Just because it’s your club doesn’t mean you have to agree with everything they do.

I’m genuinely interested to hear your whole take on this situation.  And try and answer without coming across like a smart arse.