COVID-19 In Scottish Football

I thought that part of the statement by John Kennedy was quite telling. “You guys back here got a snapshot of one or two pictures from locals, or people on holiday, and it probably paints a false picture.” Probably? So John’s not really sure if it does paint a false picture. Also, if it was a “training camp” why was Jullien there?

I thought that part of the statement by John Kennedy was quite telling. “You guys back here got a snapshot of one or two pictures from locals, or people on holiday, and it probably paints a false picture.” Probably? So John’s not really sure if it does paint a false picture. Also, if it was a “training camp” why was Jullien there?
You've cracked the case.

Well done Agatha.

1 minute ago, Romeo said:

The detective wasn't real mate, the Author comes up with the mystery and how to solve it.

Decent try though.

You’ve just explained to yourself that calling him agatha made no sense. I understood what you were getting at though. It was funny, don’t be hard on yourself. 

You’ve just explained to yourself that calling him agatha made no sense. I understood what you were getting at though. It was funny, don’t be hard on yourself. 
Can we just get back to trying to twist or interpret the rules in such a way that Celtic receive some kind/any kind of punishment? That's all I ask.

7 minutes ago, Romeo said:
15 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Can we just get back to trying to twist or interpret the rules in such a way that Celtic receive some kind/any kind of punishment? That's all I ask.

Nicola Sturgeon called you c***s. That's bringing the game into disrepute and we should throw the fucking book at you.

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

I'm enjoying the desperation here of posters trying to twist the rules.

The "aye, but..." Clause very rarely works.

helen-lovejoy-pic.jpeg

Not sure there is anyone twisting the rules.

All arrivals into Scotland from Dubai from Monday the 11th must isolate for 10 days, all arrivals from 3rd must isolate for 10 days from their arrival date.

Have Celtic been to Dubai and arrived back in Scotland since the 3rd?

YES

Has John Kennedy admitted to protocol breaches in a news conference, all be it in his words "minor"?

YES

Have Celtic just announced had a positive COVID -19 test?

YES

Have the initial reports of the Dubai arrival isolation applying to "elite sports" now changed to a decision will be made sometime Monday as to whether it will apply to Celtic or not?

YES

Not seeing much twisting of these facts, just discussion of them.

Suspect, by a miraculous coincidence, the player who tested positive will have surrounded by non-essential coaches, with every other player at the opposite end of the plane.

5 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Not sure there is anyone twisting the rules.

All arrivals into Scotland from Dubai from Monday the 11th must isolate for 10 days, all arrivals from 3rd must isolate for 10 days from their arrival date.

Have Celtic been to Dubai and arrived back in Scotland since the 3rd?

YES

Has John Kennedy admitted to protocol breaches in a news conference, all be it in his words "minor"?

YES

Have Celtic just announced had a positive COVID -19 test?

YES

Have the initial reports of the Dubai arrival isolation applying to "elite sports" now changed to a decision will be made sometime Monday as to whether it will apply to Celtic or not?

YES

Not seeing much twisting of these facts, just discussion of them.

Romeo is doing his level best to paint Celtic as the victims yet again. Fair play to him.

9 hours ago, ropy said:

Hibs can quite reasonably object to the game going ahead

Aye, does Scott Allan not have asthma? 

Hibs player catches it from Celtic player, then passes it to him, and his career is potentially over.

I'm surprised there's not been many, if any, players who have suffered long term damage from it yet. Seems to be accepted they'll all recover fine when odds are at least a couple will struggle.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hibs player catches it from Celtic player, then passes it to him, and his career is potentially over.

I'm surprised there's not been many, if any, players who have suffered long term damage from it yet. Seems to be accepted they'll all recover fine when odds are at least a couple will struggle.

Diabetes.

Scott Allan hasnt been anywhere near the first team for several weeks, so that wont be an issue.

Edited by Green Day

I saw on Twitter yesterday that there was a player, maybe in Germany, who'd had Covid before and had to be subbed due to breathing difficulties.

I suppose it could've been a coincidence but it was the first example I'd seen.

I could get on board with this having been an elite sports thing if they’d chartered an aircraft and travelled directly to a place that they had to themselves for a few days hot weather training with no contact with the public and limited contact with staff.

They travelled on a scheduled flight and stayed in a hotel open to the public and have been pictured mixing at least to some extent with people out with their  “elite sport” bubble. And that’s before you get into the fact that this was at best a totally ill advised trip in any event.

f**k them, make them play the youth squad tonight and on Saturday.

37 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Nothing up here I’m aware of, but did Frank Lampard not both express concerns over the effects of “long Covid” in relation to how long it took Havertz to recover/get fit? Thinking Steve Bruce might’ve raised similar concerns about a Newcastle player too? Unsure.