COVID-19 In Scottish Football

51 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Indeed. And Dundee were playing for a European spot by the way. St Mirren players were the ones playing for pride that day. And by pride I mean Celtic in some of their cases.

No doubt Hearts had it in our own hands. After beating D Utd the pressure started telling and we were wobbling along the last few games. Still reasonable to have expected all 4 teams to complete in the final games. How did you feel when your team took the title to the last day against all the odds? 

thumb_thats-plenty-792059.png.d808ac756b38877442fa72d10e52f4d1.png

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, djchapsticks said:

thumb_thats-plenty-792059.png.d808ac756b38877442fa72d10e52f4d1.png

Every team has it in their own hands every season. The least you expect is the other teams to play the game properly. 

Guest 8GamesToGo
11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I can't believe you actually replied to that.

Fucking hell.

I don't see any reference to a Frank Drebin on the SFA or SPFL site. If they inspected every club they'd have boasted about it in the press. Anyhow, it looks like the cows have come home to roost as whatever inspections they did weren't exactly effective.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

Just now, 8GamesToGo said:

I don't see any reference to a Frank Drebin on the SFA or SPFL site. If they inspected every club they'd have boasted about it in the press.

Have a serious look tonight, and you'll surely find him.

Guest 8GamesToGo
2 minutes ago, locheedee said:

tenor(22).gif

Think it's your team that needs some help mate looking at the table.

So no-one is interested in whether or not the SPFL did inspections then? RandomGuy seemed pretty sure but then wimped out of actually proving it.

As the SPFL is ran ultimately by its member clubs, were the punishments for breaches of Covid regulations ever put forward to the clubs to vote on?... and if so did they gain enough votes to pass these punishments. 

I’ve tried to find the article I read recently that outlined a few different subjects that were put to a vote; from memory it was mainly about giving the power to the SPFL to curtail the current season and use PPG as a valid way to decide league placings, the other subjects escape my memory at the minute. The only reason I ask is that I distinctly remember seeing that clubs had not voted to give the SPFL the authority to award 3-0 forfeitures against teams who fell foul of Covid regulations. If anyone has the article to hand it would be appreciated, I’m sure the link was posted on either this thread or the St. Mirren thread recently. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

3 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

As the SPFL is ran ultimately by its member clubs, were the punishments for breaches of Covid regulations ever put forward to the clubs to vote on?... and if so did they gain enough votes to pass these punishments. 

I’ve tried to find the article I read recently that outlined a few different subjects that were put to a vote; from memory it was giving the power to the SPFL to curtail the current season and use PPG as a valid way to decide league placings, the other subjects escape my memory at the minute. The only reason I ask is that I distinctly remember seeing that clubs had not voted to give the SPFL the authority to award 3-0 forfeitures against teams who fell foul of Covid regulations. If anyone has the article to hand it would be appreciated, I’m sure the link was posted on either this thread or the St. Mirren thread recently. 

If I remember correctly, I think it was a questionnaire rather than an actual vote put to the clubs.

15 minutes ago, AJF said:

If I remember correctly, I think it was a questionnaire rather than an actual vote put to the clubs.

I see. So is this a situation where the SPFL have decided themselves what punishment is fit for the crime. Im of the feeling that the forfeiture of a match in these current times is slightly harsh though I wouldn’t lose the head over it, but I was of the belief the SPFL acted on the wishes of the 42 member clubs. 

We were told numerous times throughout the Hearts, Thistle and Stranraer saga that the SPFL was a members club, and any decisions taken by them were ultimately what the clubs had voted for. I may be barking up the completely wrong tree here and please correct me if I’m wrong, but it doesn’t give off a great look if the SPFL have took it upon themselves to administer punishments of this nature at a time when they themselves, along with the vast majority of the 42 clubs, are struggling for cash. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

We dropped a lot of points that year. May as well say anyone who scored in any of those games won it for Celtic, Peter Weir in the draw against Aberdeen a couple of weeks before for example. The difference is, in all the previous games every team gave their all, unlike St Mirren in their last game.
Apropos of nothing, we won the league at Dens once. Which was nice

If that team photo is genuine, Dundee United should come out and say that every player had their photo taken individually, and a photoshop wizz at the club pieced the photo together on a PC to make it look like a traditional team photo. I doubt anyone at the SPFL was there to witness the photo being taken so it’s a bulletproof defence. 

Celtic, who've spent the past 5 months mewling that its safe to bring fans back, have banned journalists from outside Glasgow from games as its not safe to have too many journalists in the ground...

9 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

I’ve tried to find the article I read recently that outlined a few different subjects that were put to a vote; from memory it was mainly about giving the power to the SPFL to curtail the current season and use PPG as a valid way to decide league placings, the other subjects escape my memory at the minute. The only reason I ask is that I distinctly remember seeing that clubs had not voted to give the SPFL the authority to award 3-0 forfeitures against teams who fell foul of Covid regulations. If anyone has the article to hand it would be appreciated, I’m sure the link was posted on either this thread or the St. Mirren thread recently. 

True facts are every club produced their own protocols based on guidelines provided and each ground was inspected by SFA/SPFL inspector as part of the process to help clubs meet the requirements.  On the 3-0 issue - clubs generally didn't want this to be automatic as in Betfred hence they didn't vote for it to be automatic.  Rather they wanted the normal process to be followed if a club failed to fulfil a fixture and that is what is happening - if you are at fault in some way for game not going ahead then clubs knew that a 3-0 outcome was likely

2 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

True facts are every club produced their own protocols based on guidelines provided and each ground was inspected by SFA/SPFL inspector as part of the process to help clubs meet the requirements.  On the 3-0 issue - clubs generally didn't want this to be automatic as in Betfred hence they didn't vote for it to be automatic.  Rather they wanted the normal process to be followed if a club failed to fulfil a fixture and that is what is happening - if you are at fault in some way for game not going ahead then clubs knew that a 3-0 outcome was likely

That’s fair enough, if St Mirren and Kilmarnock told the SPFL they were going to be following certain guidelines and then went against those, they deserve to be punished. My query was more with the SPFLs authority to hand out these punishments, but if you say that a match forfeiture was on the table already there can’t really be any complaints. What I was thinking was the SPFL had put the option of forfeitures (amongst other Covid related issues) to the clubs, and the clubs had rejected it but the SPFL had handed these punishments out regardless. But I see now that’s not the case. 

1 hour ago, IrishBhoy said:

If that team photo is genuine, Dundee United should come out and say that every player had their photo taken individually, and a photoshop wizz at the club pieced the photo together on a PC to make it look like a traditional team photo. I doubt anyone at the SPFL was there to witness the photo being taken so it’s a bulletproof defence. 

I actually thought that as well. Front row has some people angling their legs/feet like you do when you're sitting next to someone, and if its a photoshop job they've not missed players in the back row's feet or shadows onto players slightly behind others.

If this is photoshop or edited in some other way then someone's talents are being seriously wasted :lol:

Edited by LiviLion