COVID-19 In Scottish Football

The Joint Response Group (JRG) has asked all Scottish Premiership and Championship clubs to conduct a review of all stadium and club operational procedures and protocols.

Gc4vYytj_bigger.jpg&key=268498f1ca792e0b30e983a015679286f97b2a2317edfb55bf5ebff5b87c1514   Sky Sports Scotland   @ScotlandSky The Joint Response Group (JRG) has asked all Scottish Premiership and Championship clubs to conduct a review of all stadium and club operational procedures and protocols.     L7K-QX4x?format=jpg%26name=900x900&key=5edcb6f64daa2d2379e956751f8de6efebe0060b5ff97788454c624859163e83 Top Scottish clubs asked to review protocols www.skysports.com 11:00 PM · Jan 20, 2021    
This is a good thing but kind of shite if it's down to Lennon's comments. There should be fairly regular random reviews of clubs so as to try and avoid reacting to outbreaks like Killie's and St Mirren's. Or, of course, reacting to the ramblings of a petulant clown.

This is a great idea that the SPFL should consider implementing for the League Cup final.
^^^ Richard Leonard found

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The SPFL can't implement anything if the government doesn't allow fans to attend.

True yeah, but I'd be asking the question anyway. Would be a cheap and easy way of getting some good PR.

On 19/01/2021 at 16:59, Monkey Tennis said:

No I don't agree.

Lennon made a very specific  accusation and if it's unfounded, I think the club really was obliged to challenge it.  If left alone, it becomes the truth.

I honestly think it would be negligent to leave the allegation be.

I may be stretching things a bit here but my own personal opinion is that Lennon is/was trying to get the league shut down so it can be null and voided.  Celtics 6 extra dropped points in the last week or so makes that more and more unlikely (as the league surely now would need to be awarded to Sevco) but that is my opinion.

8 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Given that Israel are reporting just 33% efficacy of the first Pfizer vaccine, I don’t think we will be seeing big crowds in stadia for a while....

Without taking this too far off-topic, that's not what Israel are reporting.

On 20/01/2021 at 13:02, Ludo*1 said:

I boo'ed Neil Lennon on his Celtic debut because he was ginger and had dyed his hair bleach blonde and looked like a twat, he then crunched one of our players near the home support and motioned towards them for calling for the foul.

Lennon is and always has been an absolute c**t. Some of the abuse he's had throughout his career has probably been motivated because of sectarianism, but a substantial amount is also because he's just a c**t.

I was young at the time but I heartily joined in on the booing of Barry Ferguson and Fernando Ricksen in the early 2000s. 

On reflection I apologise as I understand now the rest of the crowd were booing them as they were Irish Catholics.

Without taking this too far off-topic, that's not what Israel are reporting.

Ok the first jab. Which remember is the strategy that the UK Government is choosing to follow and it could be many months before the second jab is offered with who knows what knock on impact.
Point is, we won’t be seeing populous stadia for many months and maybe not even this year....

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

This is a good thing but kind of shite if it's down to Lennon's comments. There should be fairly regular random reviews of clubs so as to try and avoid reacting to outbreaks like Killie's and St Mirren's. Or, of course, reacting to the ramblings of a petulant clown. ^^^ Richard Leonard found

Funny how’s it’s the 2 managers of the teams that are under achieving that all of a sudden have discovered flaws in the protocols 

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Ok the first jab. Which remember is the strategy that the UK Government is choosing to follow and it could be many months before the second jab is offered with who knows what knock on impact.
Point is, we won’t be seeing populous stadia for many months and maybe not even this year....

Again, that's not what Israel are reporting.

It's really irresponsible to repeat this stuff without context: https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55734257

Last I'm saying on it because this stuff should really be in the specific rona thread.

Just now, roman_bairn said:

Today: Nicola Sturgeon admits she fears there will be no large-scale events and festivals this summer

Heard yesterday that Glastonbury is cancelled so I’d imagine Nic will follow suit and ban similar events.