COVID-19 In Scottish Football

9 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Clearly not, but if you can't see how the perception is cultivated & portrayed and are still offended, then so be it.

So if someone resents assumptions about who they support, based not on where they're from, but instead on a religious background, they're out of line?

Ok.

2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I read this thread the other day and thought that you were coming across pretty well at times. You completely fucked it in the last 18 hours.

It’s difficult to reply when I can’t see what you quoted. 

can I still rely on you vote in 11 months??

Edited by Drew Brees

58 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

It’s difficult to reply when I can’t see what you quoted. 

can I still rely on you vote in 11 months??

Yeah I fucked that. I should really have just tagged you. Everything you posted in the last 20 hours has been a car crash if that helps. (I am not denying you were hit with sectarian abuse.) 

8 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Aye it's undeniable he's received unacceptable abuse over the years.

However, we are still talking about a guy who absolutely relishes being the pantomime villain, much like Scott Brown. He's gone out of his way to antagonise opposition players and fans as a manager and player, he seems to genuinely believe the entire world is against Celtic and this is all compounded by the fact that he's most vocal about these things when it's obvious to everyone that his own performance is usually his biggest problem.

That is absolutely true. I've always liked Neil Lennon because of that, to be honest. He always manages to wind fans up, and ultimately isn't the game all the richer because of the pantomime villains? Obviously he's paid a personal price for that - what with being sent bullets, having graffiti daubed outside of his home, getting attacked down Ashton Lane, and the Hearts fan coming onto the pitch - but for the rest of us it's all something to read about in the papers. There will always be a small number of maniacs who don't understand that the pantomime's not real, and finishes when you leave the stadium. 

I thought Lennon was hilarious the other day! I wasn't sure whether he'd had a wee drink, was massively hungover or ill. I hope his lot pump Livingston tonight though, and it's very rare for me to write something like that!

24 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Yeah I fucked that. I should really have just tagged you. Everything you posted in the last 20 hours has been a car crash if that helps. (I am not denying you were hit with sectarian abuse.) 

Ye, helps a lot,  thanks for clearing that up. 

4 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Quite surprised they’re getting so offended by the suggestion that a middle aged bigot from a hell hole like Camelon or Brightons would punch a 16 yr old football fan outside a game some 30 yrs ago. They no doubt prefer the ‘dancing in train stations’ approach to soccer violence. 

As traumatic as your ordeal was, countering sectarianism by mouthing off like like a classist Tory w****r isn't a good look, mate.

45 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

That is absolutely true. I've always liked Neil Lennon because of that, to be honest. He always manages to wind fans up, and ultimately isn't the game all the richer because of the pantomime villains? Obviously he's paid a personal price for that - what with being sent bullets, having graffiti daubed outside of his home, getting attacked down Ashton Lane, and the Hearts fan coming onto the pitch - but for the rest of us it's all something to read about in the papers. There will always be a small number of maniacs who don't understand that the pantomime's not real, and finishes when you leave the stadium. 

I thought Lennon was hilarious the other day! I wasn't sure whether he'd had a wee drink, was massively hungover or ill. I hope his lot pump Livingston tonight though, and it's very rare for me to write something like that!

Oh no it doesn't!

2 hours ago, Ralstonite said:

As long as we pump St Mirren on Sunday.

14 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

As long as we pump St Mirren on Sunday.

You’ve more chance of pumping yer maw. 😂 COYS FTOF

Edited by Guest