COVID-19 In Scottish Football

I  think Drew is havering when referring to Lennon getting booed at Dens Park.

It's hardly unbelievable that a particular individual in Falkirk gave him abuse though.  I don't quite get why Falkirk fans and diddies are getting defensive about it.

None of it alters Lennon's status as a leading bell-end.

Aye it's undeniable he's received unacceptable abuse over the years.

However, we are still talking about a guy who absolutely relishes being the pantomime villain, much like Scott Brown. He's gone out of his way to antagonise opposition players and fans as a manager and player, he seems to genuinely believe the entire world is against Celtic and this is all compounded by the fact that he's most vocal about these things when it's obvious to everyone that his own performance is usually his biggest problem.

11 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's hardly unbelievable that a particular individual in Falkirk gave him abuse though.  I don't quite get why Falkirk fans and diddies are getting defensive about it.

Probably because he's claiming every bit of abuse Lennon got was just due to his religion, and not because he's a massive, throbbing, w****r. 

Celtic fans deflects from clubs issues by calling everyone else bigots shocker!

Helped by people so desperate to remain "neutral" they can't help but defend someone calling them a bigot.

Meanwhile Kilmarnock have admitted they'll  e taking the £1m government loan to fund transfer business this window.

That's the same club that let fans pay the £10k fine for them breaching Covid guidelines just last week, remember. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Probably because he's claiming every bit of abuse Lennon got was just due to his religion, and not because he's a massive, throbbing, w****r. 

Celtic fans deflects from clubs issues by calling everyone else bigots shocker!

Helped by people so desperate to remain "neutral" they can't help but defend someone calling them a bigot.

Yes, but surely we're capable of dealing with actual things that are said.

My belief that Lennon is a ghastly individual, doesn't mean I must insist that Drew has never received sectarian abuse.  Those denying that such a thing is possible, are as guilty as anyone claiming Lennon was only ever given a hard time due to religious reasons.

Yet more of this 'all or nothing' crap that so often passes for discussion on here.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

My belief that Lennon is a ghastly individual, doesn't mean I must insist that Drew has never received sectarian abuse.  Those denying that such a thing is possible, are as guilty as anyone claiming Lennon was only ever given a hard time due to religious reasons.

Yet more of this 'all or nothing' crap that so often passes for discussion on here.

Yes, you acknowledging something may be a fact that requires context makes you desperate to be a neutral, and that makes you a c**t.

6 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Your big problem was to make it about Dundee.  I find this strange.  There are a few Dees on here that i have issues with but when @Day of the Lordsand @johnnyduncall out your bullshit then I tend to trust them.

I only mentioned dens because that’s where he made his debut and therefore that’s where it started. 

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Where have I said he never suffered any?

It was claimed Lennon solely got abuse due to his religion by @Drew Brees, who then had multiple stabs at claiming he was a total unknown when he joined. He literally called every fan in Scottish football a bigot if they booed Lennon at any point.

I claimed it was his profile that got him booed and gave other examples.

Yer man Drew said I wouldn't know if it was bigoted because I've never experienced it at grounds like he has.

He then claimed he never received any at grounds just a few hours later.

So please, show me exactly where I've claimed neither Drew or Lennon received any bigoted abuse.

24 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I  think Drew is havering when referring to Lennon getting booed at Dens Park.

None of it alters Lennon's status as a leading bell-end.

I’ve never seen that myself at either Brockville or TFS but doesn’t mean it didn’t or hasn’t happened. It’s not acceptable any place in football or society.

I’d expect given how upset Drew was by the incident at Brockville though he’d have reported it at the time and not waited c.20 years to report it on a fans forum.

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yes, you acknowledging something may be a fact that requires context makes you desperate to be a neutral, and that makes you a c**t.

He's a "c**t" because he's siding with the people who are, without proof, calling everyone bigots based on something I've never said. 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

He's a "c**t" because he's siding with the people who are, without proof, calling everyone bigots based on something I've never said. 

I don't think he's sided with anyone.

He commented specifically on the fact that an incident in Falkirk may well have happened, and that one individual being sectarian wasn't that unbelievable. I haven't seen him side with the fact that this is any indication of the entire country being bigots.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Where have I said he never suffered any?

It was claimed Lennon solely got abuse due to his religion by @Drew Brees, who then had multiple stabs at claiming he was a total unknown when he joined. He literally called every fan in Scottish football a bigot if they booed Lennon at any point.

I claimed it was his profile that got him booed and gave other examples.

Yer man Drew said I wouldn't know if it was bigoted because I've never experienced it at grounds like he has.

He then claimed he never received any at grounds just a few hours later.

So please, show me exactly where I've claimed neither Drew or Lennon received any bigoted abuse.

I didn't say you had.  Apologies if that was the implication that came across.

Others did though, saying he made it up etc.

I don't approve of the link Drew was trying to forge between what he alleges happened in Falkirk and the booing Lennon received at games.

I'd still imagine Drew wasn't lying about his own experience though.

7 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Lennon made a lot of serious allegations while everybody was having a laugh at his rant. 

Yes he did . He said that the trip was a serious training camp ................yet he said before the trip that it was important for R&R (that's rest and recuperation ) .

He also slated 2 clubs for their cramped changing facilities which has been proven to be a lie. 

He stated that he could only have 3 people on a 52 seater bus ..........which is ridiculous considering that no such stipulations are in force on public transport or any other walk of life. 

These are just three of the more ridiculous statements he made and when you add the fact that he went totally against the most recent club statement , it makes you wonder why he is still in a job. 

7 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Wrong, he wasn’t a high profile as in a talented player, he was a very limited player, but well documented in the press at the time he was a lifelong, Irish, Celtic supporter. Enough of a reason for the bigots to hate him. 

But you literally said he was a "nobody". Do you actually mean he was quite a high profile signing in Scottish football terms? Colour me stunned that a high profile £5million signing making his debut in an away fixture at a "wee" teams ground gets a bit of stick. 

4 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

I only mentioned dens because that’s where he made his debut and therefore that’s where it started. 

I think you'll find Old firm players were getting stick in games away to diddy teams long before Lennon pitched up.

You know what they say about buses.
If Celtic were not told about the changes in the protocols until they came back, the skulduggery is in full swing.
The information on who has to self-isolate (mentions coach travel) is in the Return to Play Protocols. Unless Celtic were given specific information about business class flights then they don't have a leg to stand on, and if they were then someone qualified within the club should be publicly writing a letter to the JRG. I highly doubt Lennon is the most qualified to talk about covid regulations given he was having a go at the length of the self-isolation just as one of his players gets a positive test right at the end of his isolation period.

It's only blind luck which stopped a larger outbreak at Celtic.
It's also the worst kept secret that virtually all clubs are ignoring social distancing rules and have been all season.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yer man here's making shit up as he goes along while trying to claim its the rest of Scotland that's bigoted.

We can all edit posts to suit our argument.  I’ve already explained it was walking out of brockville , so not TFS. 

Towns  and villages the length and breadth of Scotland have loyalist/orange bands, halls etc and are not filled solely by rangers fans. Not getting why fans are so defensive on this, we all have bigoted fans at our clubs, some show themselves more than others but to deny it’s there is burying your head in the sand. I’ve been subject to it at 3 away grounds, all when walking away from the stadium, where the segregation has ended and fans pass each other in the streets.