COVID-19 In Scottish Football

45 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

😂

Are you genuinely claiming only people who've suffered sectarian abuse can identify it? And that certain boos are more sectarian than others?

Celtic fans masks have completely slipped here. Absolute moon howlers.

Obviously Lennon was being bhooooed

2 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

His every touch on his debut at dens was booed by the home support, doubt it was due to him being a horrible, fat, cheating w****r, as he had never played in Scotland before, just my opinion btw. 

Do Celtic fans still boo Shay Logan simply because he's black?

This is the kind of depiction of the Irish that featured in publications such as Punch in the 19th Century. Personally, I consider the Irish to be a good-looking people (I'm married to one) and find caricatures such as this both puerile and offensive. However, there's no getting away ffrom the fact that it does bear a passsing resemblance to Wayne Rooney.

ThCartoonist Draws Ire of N.J. Irish - WSJ

2 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:
2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:
Jody Morris was booed at Dens during the warm up after joining us.
Joey Barton was booed and heckled at the few grounds he visited with Rangers.
High profile player joins from English side to experience Scottish football for the first time is the link here, not his nationality/religion.
Genuinely mental Celtic fans believe it was anything more.

Exactly. I remember Chris Waddle playing for Falkirk getting roundly booed, then one of our players nutmegged him (Brian Heatherson I think) then we just laughed at him.

I remember that game! RIP bubbles ✊🏻

The scale of this meltdown because they've failed to win a couple of domestic trophies for the first time in fucking ages tells you everything you need to know about their sense of entitlement.
Absolutely sickens me, but it's also pure box office.
Similarly, Lennon and fans on Superscoreboard etc complaining because the Govt had the temerity to tighten restrictions after Dubai was booked, then also not hand-hold them.
How dare the Govt not have a football club's travel plans at the top of their priority list.

To be fair, alot of it is the culmination of 9.5 years of gloating, pointing and laughing at Rangers about 10IAR, only for them to spectacularly manage to shit the bed at the last hurdle.

8 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Aye it somehow reminded me of that country dancing practice you had to endure for the primary school Xmas party

The Hibs boy wearing the white t-shirt getting booted in the face right at the start was in hospital for ages as the cowardly wee Falkirk rat was wearing steel toe caps when him and his pals jumped a couple of boys getting on the train.  Broken jaw in the end, so as amusing as it appears now the boy the took a proper sore one at the time. 

28 minutes ago, Richie said:

Similarly, Lennon and fans on Superscoreboard etc complaining because the Govt had the temerity to tighten restrictions after Dubai was booked, then also not hand-hold them.
How dare the Govt not have a football club's travel plans at the top of their priority list.

To be fair, alot of it is the culmination of 9.5 years of gloating, pointing and laughing at Rangers about 10IAR, only for them to spectacularly manage to shit the bed at the last hurdle.

Plus their fans faux brothers in arms with the diddies all laughing at Rangers in Division Three/Two/One while they hoovered up nearly all the trophies.

Edited by Jacksgranda
Sleppnig

A few Celtic-minded crazy people on Twitter are stoking up the "anti-Irish" racism bollocks. As usual, bigots tend to have this superpower that allows them to spot bigotry everywhere, even though it is invisible to diddy team sane people.

Lennon always attracted boos from other fans. He was that type of player. See also: Terry Hurlock, Ian Ferguson, Walter Kidd, Billy Abercrombie, Kenny Black etc.

And of course, our own beloved Dougie Imrie, despite never having dived, fouled or moaned at a ref 😄

I confess I have also shouted unpleasant things at Keith Lasley, who actually appears to be a lovely fella. Sue me.

45 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Did he only become black after the Tonev incident? Cause that was when he started getting booed. , 

Pretty sure he was black before that. Can’t remember him being targeted by the Celtic fans though. Almost like something changed like, a decision going against the club, for instance.

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey

13 minutes ago, Academically Deficient said:

A few Celtic-minded crazy people on Twitter are stoking up the "anti-Irish" racism bollocks. As usual, bigots tend to have this superpower that allows them to spot bigotry everywhere, even though it is invisible to diddy team sane people.

Lennon always attracted boos from other fans. He was that type of player. See also: Terry Hurlock, Ian Ferguson, Walter Kidd, Billy Abercrombie, Kenny Black etc.

And of course, our own beloved Dougie Imrie, despite never having dived, fouled or moaned at a ref 😄

I confess I have also shouted unpleasant things at Keith Lasley, who actually appears to be a lovely fella. Sue me.

Must admit I  booed Dougie every time he played against us even though I've known him since his days at Lanark Utd.

Every team has had someone the opposition likes to boo at some point and I'm pretty sure no-one knew or cared what religion they were or what country they were born in.