COVID-19 In Scottish Football

1 hour ago, Mr Heliums said:

FS. Why do we humour that moron by issuing statements?

No I don't agree.

Lennon made a very specific  accusation and if it's unfounded, I think the club really was obliged to challenge it.  If left alone, it becomes the truth.

I honestly think it would be negligent to leave the allegation be.

1 hour ago, Shannon said:
7 hours ago, akuram said:
I hope St Johnstone now give a response to this dressing room rant from Neil Lennon.
Did Celtic use the away dressing room?
Is it smaller than the home one?
Why?
Do the away teams use the Astra turf changing rooms?
How do our changing rooms compare to the other 11 clubs?

Sounds to me like Celtic got told to use 4 dressing rooms at St Johnstone as couldn't physically distance properly but the management & players decided to cram in the 1 dressing room. Likely did same at Hamilton Accies too.

In fairness, trying to find space for all 60 of that squad would not be easy. 

46 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Scenes if Lennon has incriminated Celtic by revealing that he chose to cram all the players into one dressing room at St Johnstone and Hamilton when it turns out plentiful space was provided.

If he did, nothing will happen.

52 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Scenes if Lennon has incriminated Celtic by revealing that he chose to cram all the players into one dressing room at St Johnstone and Hamilton when it turns out plentiful space was provided.

Ian Maxwell will just read out another celtic statement and that'll be that. 

What gets me with Lennon and anyone else at Celtic who have made statements  is that they think they are only dealing with the Celtic supporters.  They don't give a f**k about anything or anyone else who may be affected.  Their sheer arrogance is astounding. 

I listened to part of a podcast (The Celtic Huddle) hosted by our former manager Mark Wilson and his sidekick and they were much the same.  None of them seem to want to address the glaring issues that have been highlighted on here. 

Edited by theoriginalhedge

Rumour is its Ntcham thats tested positive and if that is indeed true it means he has broken his bubble as he wasn't in one with Julien.

I'm not sure players are in these sort of distinct bubbles, but even if they are and Ntcham isn't in Jullien's one, the fact that he's self-isolating suggests that he has been considered a close contact of Jullien along with 12 other players.

And even at that, there's no guarantee he caught it from Jullien. There's enough covid going around in Dubai and Glasgow for him to get it independently.

3 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It's not a Q&A M8,
Here's what I think you can agree or disagree,there was no problem with Celtic going to Dubai Hibs were not happy with the game getting moved but it comes down to the home team to have it moved,at this point nobody cared.
Celtic get beat by sevco the next day fly out to Dubai still no problem,just the same as getting beat in Europe or players going on international duty it's all the same risk and part of the same mythical bubble.
Photographs appear with players in a bar and the manager and captain having a beer at the pool this is not acceptable to the dafties and the diddies, social media kicks in and the hatchet job begins.
Jumping on the bandwagon Forums and phone ins everybody having their say before the team get back into the country,having a pint and sitting at the pool is a crime.
All the good work in Dubai is turned to dust and blowing away in the wind,it doesn't matter what Lawwell or Lennon says  the dafties and the diddies minds are made up.
And for the bonus prize 2 players catch the virus and 16 members of staff have to self isolate resulting in Celtic dropping 4 points because they have a bigger squad and can fulfill their fixture.
Celtic as far as i'm aware haven't broken any rules or protocols,I'm pretty sure Celtic didn't want any of their players catching the virus whether they go to the local shop or fly to Dubai and back.
It's pretty clear the protocols and rules are changing week by week but football is still continuing with more and more restrictions being put in place.

What protocols and rules are changing week by week?

3 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It's not a Q&A M8,
Here's what I think you can agree or disagree,there was no problem with Celtic going to Dubai Hibs were not happy with the game getting moved but it comes down to the home team to have it moved,at this point nobody cared.
Celtic get beat by sevco the next day fly out to Dubai still no problem,just the same as getting beat in Europe or players going on international duty it's all the same risk and part of the same mythical bubble.
Photographs appear with players in a bar and the manager and captain having a beer at the pool this is not acceptable to the dafties and the diddies, social media kicks in and the hatchet job begins.
Jumping on the bandwagon Forums and phone ins everybody having their say before the team get back into the country,having a pint and sitting at the pool is a crime.
All the good work in Dubai is turned to dust and blowing away in the wind,it doesn't matter what Lawwell or Lennon says  the dafties and the diddies minds are made up.
And for the bonus prize 2 players catch the virus and 16 members of staff have to self isolate resulting in Celtic dropping 4 points because they have a bigger squad and can fulfill their fixture.
Celtic as far as i'm aware haven't broken any rules or protocols,I'm pretty sure Celtic didn't want any of their players catching the virus whether they go to the local shop or fly to Dubai and back.
It's pretty clear the protocols and rules are changing week by week but football is still continuing with more and more restrictions being put in place.

LouisT.gif

1 hour ago, Mr Heliums said:

The sort of people who see 18th century caricatures of an Irishman in that article are the sort of people looking to find 18th century caricatures of Irishmen.

They've made him look daft. It's a cheap shot, but it isn't the first time it's been done to a hapless manager.

Not a turnip in sight 

11 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

What gets me with Lennon and anyone else at Celtic who have made statements  is that they think they are only dealing with the Celtic supporters.  They don't give a f**k about anything or anyone else who may be affected.  Their sheer arrogance is astounding. 

I listened to part of a podcast (The Celtic Huddle) hosted by our former manager Mark Wilson and his sidekick and they were much the same.  None of them seem to want to address the glaring issues that have been highlighted on here. 

Astounding? Yes. Surprising? No. It is their modus operandi. 

Celtic, and Rangers for that matter, constantly feel the need to portray an image of superiority. A big part of that is an outright refusal to admit to any wrongdoing as it might be classed as a sign of weakness by their would be detractors. 

The whole "more than a club" thing is built on the "us versus the world" mentality. Its about making sure their fans feel special in a way that no other club could. They are never wrong, only victimised. They are never defeated, only cheated. It's all one giant conspiracy, but the Celtic family will rise above it... now buy your season tickets, replica strips and every other bit of merchandise we spit out.

The worrying thing is that a lot of Celtic fans, certainly the cult element of the support, will lap this up because it is what they want to hear. They want to hear that Celtic are being victimised and that everyone is against them. It is genuinely how a lot of fans have been brought up.

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

As I said on one of the many Celtic threads, they're spot on; we all hate Lennon (The Caley, St Mirren, Falkirk, Aberdeen, Motherwell, Arbroath, about 79 other clubs fans) because he's a North Irish Catholic.  Absolutely nothing to do with the fact that he's a horrible, fat, cheating w****r.

We're all massive bigots and hate Catholics and everything Irish.  We all love the Union and love the Queen.

His every touch on his debut at dens was booed by the home support, doubt it was due to him being a horrible, fat, cheating w****r, as he had never played in Scotland before, just my opinion btw. 

6 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

His every touch on his debut at dens was booed by the home support, doubt it was due to him being a horrible, fat, cheating w****r, as he had never played in Scotland before, just my opinion btw. 

Jody Morris was booed at Dens during the warm up after joining us.

Joey Barton was booed and heckled at the few grounds he visited with Rangers.

High profile player joins from English side to experience Scottish football for the first time is the link here, not his nationality/religion.

Genuinely mental Celtic fans believe it was anything more.

Jody Morris was booed at Dens during the warm up after joining us.
Joey Barton was booed and heckled at the few grounds he visited with Rangers.
High profile player joins from English side to experience Scottish football for the first time is the link here, not his nationality/religion.
Genuinely mental Celtic fans believe it was anything more.
Exactly. I remember Chris Waddle playing for Falkirk getting roundly booed, then one of our players nutmegged him (Brian Heatherson I think) then we just laughed at him.