COVID-19 In Scottish Football

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:

This is the sort of childlike shite @Daviebhoy used to come away. Paranoid, dribbling nonsense. Lennon is a dead man walking and he knows it, hence that absolute bilge on the radio. THere are few things funnier in Scottish football than a raging, overly-defensive Neil Lennon being interviewed and making a complete c**t of himself. 

Celtic played two games with a weakened squad because they fucked off abroad on an expensive jolly immediately after a simpering loss in an OF game ended their season, at a time when a huge number of their fans are likely to be suffering financially during a pandemic which the club gave the impression they don't give a f**k about. Taking a crocked player unnecessarily who then tests positive and results in half the squad self-isolating is a f**k-up on a scale that can't quite be put into words. That Celtic immediately surrendered 4 points in utterly feeble fashion in 2 straight home games merely adds to the hilarity. 

Celtic are quite simply paying the price for a total lack of ambition. Appointing a joke like Lennon was like a trip back to the early 90s. Failing to empty him at numerous points over the last year has now, comically fucked the season up so badly that hardly any Celtic fans will remember or give a f**k about the quadruple treble against virtually no effective opposition, all they'll they remember is the board penny-pinching to make a comedy appointment and throwing away the biggest possible GIRFUY they'll ever have against Rangers. 

Lennon being the face of their shambles of a season is tremendous. 

image.jpeg.7d49c2d354c4b7828f5453dc6136b0dd.jpeg

The bit that irritated me was the way the journalists in attendance on Zoom, all tiptoed round him.

Standing back and allowing him to slaughter himself perhaps seemed prudent, but it smacked to me of cowardice.  

I'd have liked to have seen him challenged on the idea that having only 2 positive cases represented some sort of triumph.  I'd have liked him to have seen challenged on taking a player on crutches, if this was really some intensive training camp.

Given that he got word during the press conference about the second positive test, I wondered if he'd also got word instructing him to shut up and leave, given that it all seemed to end abruptly and weirdly.

Altogether, it was utterly disgraceful.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

8 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

There has been more than a few managerial outbursts this season and I don't blame any of them.
How can you be judged on results when the decisions that are being made are out of you're control?

Sorry 21 point gaps don't lie. 

EVERYONE at Celtic has underperformed in what was described as one of the most monumental in their history.  How can you not be judged on that massive failure ? 

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The bit that irritated me was the way the journalists in attendance on Zoom, all tiptoed round him.

Standing back and allowing him to slaughter himself perhaps seemed prudent, but it smacked to me of cowardice.  

I'd have liked to have seen him challenged on the idea that having only 2 positive cases represented some sort of triumph.  I'd have liked him to have seen challenged on taking a player on crutches, if this was really some intensive training camp.

Given that he got word during the press conference about the second positive test, I wondered if he'd also got word instructing him to shut up and leave, given that it all seemed to end abruptly and weirdly.

100% agree with this.  They were a bunch of spineless, wheedling pr1cks, and they all sounded terrified of him.  Kheredine Idessane (sp?) of the BBC doesn't seem to have any idea what to do as a journalist, probably because he's spent most of his career up till now doing fluffy Andy Murray updates from sunny venues around the world.

Not one of them challenged Lennon on what a terrible idea it was to take an international trip in a large group on a plane when they already knew the virus was rampant in mutated form, and although it was a few hours short of being  announced, that a full lockdown was coming.  Or that they went based on permission from November, when the situation was vastly different. Not one of them highlighted his scattergun whataboutery or outright lies (no one's got covid).  They didn't even press him on his claims that the trip wasn't a public health risk, or that the push back was "political". What exactly do you mean, Neil?  Are you saying that the Scottish Government is conspiring against your club?

I wasn't expecting Woodward and Bernstein but goodness me - our sports journalists are feeble.

14 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Zoom, Microsoft Teams and others are hellish for questions. Anything from 4 people or above you get endless, broken up interruptions as someone trys to put a point over at the same time as others. My weekly team session of 5 is bad enough never mind a crowd. 

I think Celtic have fucked this whole thing and Lennon is making it worse but I had no problems with an injured player attending. It would be argued that it would keep him in the group and hear what Celtics targets for winning the league would be from their footballing genius of a manager. 

9 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Moving the goalposts every month and making the shit up as they go was always on the cards.

Sad that you're now just outright lying to defend something that is so utterly indefensible.

Have a word with yourself. 

5 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Zoom, Microsoft Teams and others are hellish for questions. Anything from 4 people or above you get endless, broken up interruptions as someone trys to put a point over at the same time as others. My weekly team session of 5 is bad enough never mind a crowd. 

I think Celtic have fucked this whole thing and Lennon is making it worse but I had no problems with an injured player attending. It would be argued that it would keep him in the group and hear what Celtics targets for winning the league would be from their footballing genius of a manager. 

Thanks for telling me about Zoom and Teams.  I'd simply no idea.

Yes, that would be the rationale for taking Jullien.  But it doesn't mean his traveling was necessary, or that the trip was all about warm weather training at a "World Class facility".

Edited by Monkey Tennis