COVID-19 In Scottish Football

45 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Sounds like our supporters buses next season if Lennon is still in charge. 

Expect nothing less from glory hunting b*****ds. 😂 

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Are we talking about football or some doctor coming into the Aberdeen dressing room taking 13 players and telling McInnes to get on with it?
I'm pretty sure McInnes would be raging tae.

Have you read over your last few posts Willy? Seriously, don’t be Neil Lennon.

It has nothing to do with loyalty to Lennon, and everything to do with over reliance on Celtic being a good entity in absolutely everything they do. Even with Lennon being completely in the wrong here, to the point that even good UK news time is being given to his pathetic rant, Willy can't ever admit to himself or others that he's lost it. Even if he believes it. It's fucking sad.

5 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Football has been giving the privilege to continue through this pandemic but the protocols are not allowing football to be played.

Don’t think Rangers, Hibs or Dundee United, to name three, have missed any games due to Covid restrictions. So I think that you’ll find that the protocols are allowing football to be played. And if you watch Lennon’s interview today you’ll find that he doesn’t believe that football has been given a “privilege”.

12 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I'm not religious M8, Neil Lennon has given 20 years to Celtic the least we could do is give him one poor season back.

Its not a poor season.

Its the most embarrassing season in a generation. He has tarnished his own legacy with the results and refusal to keep his word. He obliterated it with what he done today, what he done today was not behaviour befitting of a Celtic manager.

Him staying on hurts the short term future of Celtic through season ticket sales. Any transfer target watching that outburst will immediately onto his agent telling them send me fucking anywhere but Celtic. 

We are a laughing stock not on a national level but an international level.

He has been handsomely paid for his time at Celtic, we owe him f**k all

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/19020865.full-neil-lennon-q-celtic-treated-like-common-criminals---hypocrisy-highest-order/

Full transcript of his interview with the written press, which is different to the one we've seen with the broadcast media.

Q: The photographs of members of the Celtic party sitting by the pool and in the bar in Dubai caused an outcry. Were you in the wrong there?

A: “We were sitting outside in our bubble. We may not be exactly two metres apart, but we were in our bubble. There was no Chris Jullien in the photographs. All the people in the photographs were negative. And, by the way, it is illegal to take a picture of somebody without their consent in Dubai.

“Some players are in a bar, not all of them drinking. They are maybe not totally distancing, but they are sitting there quietly watching the football for half an hour with masks on. We got treated like common criminals for it.

“It's not as if we were doing a conga at three o’clock in the morning in a dining room or dancing to Baccara in a dressing room (as Scotland did after their Euro 2020 play-off final win over Serbia in Belgrade in November) or traipsing up and down the country with Covid in a train from Glasgow to London (as SNP MP Margaret Ferrier did in September). My players’ behaviour was exemplary. They are top professionals. The way this has been portrayed has been a total distortion of the facts.

“I apologise to Celtic supporters for the fallout and what has happened. That was never our intention. We went out there with the best of intentions to do a good weeks’ work, come back and really look forward to the second half of the season. We followed the protocols, but it has backfired on us because the goalposts have been moved.”

58 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Lennon is the owner of this mess, he is culpable for it by his own admission. It’s almost as if he has spent the last 10 days watching Gerald Ratner and Prince Andrew and thought hold my drink fellas.

This is something I’m not understanding.   I get that managers are under pressure and might make a bizarre comment in the heat of the moment, it doesn’t excuse it, but it at least makes sense when they loose the head.

But sitting at home, for 10 days knowing exactly that the trip is going to be something you are going to need to give an answer for,  and this is the response he picks?   Celtic were never going to come out of this well tbf,  but at least holding his hands up and admitting the mistakes made would have allowed it to be handled with a bit of dignity.

9 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Don’t think Rangers, Hibs or Dundee United, to name three, have missed any games due to Covid restrictions. So I think that you’ll find that the protocols are allowing football to be played. And if you watch Lennon’s interview today you’ll find that he doesn’t believe that football has been given a “privilege”.

There has been more than a few managerial outbursts this season and I don't blame any of them.
How can you be judged on results when the decisions that are being made are out of you're control?

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

There has been more than a few managerial outbursts this season and I don't blame any of them.
How can you be judged on results when the decisions that are being made are out of you're control?

The alternative was not to play the season. I'm sure they'd have enjoyed that.

You’re right, COVID is unfairly picking on Celtic FC......