COVID-19 In Scottish Football

7 hours ago, Ralstonite said:

In light of what has gone on at Celtic FC, many fans probably feel the penalty was unjust.

It wasn't. The fixture forfeit was unjust.

7 hours ago, Ralstonite said:

Imagine a magistrate fining someone in court, and then his friends and family in the public gallery have a whip around and pay his fine, thus demonstrating he's been spared any hardship. That seems a decent analogy.

The players and club are much more wealthy than the paupers that have chipped in to "help" them with a 10K fine.

6 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Really if Killie had any morals they wouldnt accept the fans money and still pay the 10K fine or donate the fans money to a charity of some sort.

Wild this has even became a thing 10K would be pocket change to the club.

It's the way of the world. Anecdotally, I've heard charities do better collecting in poorer areas.

Football has a long history of rich people asking poor people for money and exercising emotional blackmail to make a sure they cough up.

15 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Really if Killie had any morals they wouldnt accept the fans money and still pay the 10K fine or donate the fans money to a charity of some sort.

100%

I see St Mirren fans are at it as well. If either club accept the money to pay the fine it's a brass neck, even if it is a case of fans mugging themselves off.

The club making a £10k charity donation would be far better optics.

Edited by capt_oats

19 hours ago, virginton said:

Kilmarnock fans using their bizarre, Liverpool-esque sense of injustice to gormlessly crowdfund their club fine. Doncaster will truly be having sleepless nights over this one. You sure showed him!

1919238B-D2A6-48F5-8023-A45A2B4B9021.png.89c2e3c13021db68366fd0fd8c728b00.png

Stinky Bone was right about you.

3 hours ago, capt_oats said:

100%

I see St Mirren fans are at it as well. If either club accept the money to pay the fine it's a brass neck, even if it is a case of fans mugging themselves off.

The club making a £10k charity donation would be far better optics.

3 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's the way of the world. Anecdotally, I've heard charities do better collecting in poorer areas.

Football has a long history of rich people asking poor people for money and exercising emotional blackmail to make a sure they cough up.

3 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

4 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

It wasn't. The fixture forfeit was unjust.

The players and club are much more wealthy than the paupers that have chipped in to "help" them with a 10K fine.

Listen to yourselves! I may well choose to donate to St. Mirren to help with the fine. If I do so, I fully expect my money to go to the club, and only the club. If I wanted to give to a charity I would do so. 

Very few, if any, supporters who donate money to the club are imbeciles who're incapable of deciding where their money goes. I work for a living, and I will decide what I do with the money I earn. So get tae feck, you patronising dickheids. 

17 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

Listen to yourselves! I may well choose to donate to St. Mirren to help with the fine. If I do so, I fully expect my money to go to the club, and only the club. If I wanted to give to a charity I would do so. 

Very few, if any, supporters who donate money to the club are imbeciles who're incapable of deciding where their money goes. I work for a living, and I will decide what I do with the money I earn. So get tae feck, you patronising dickheids. 

^^^Salt of the eartth, life blood off the game. God bless you, we'll scratch your name on a brick.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

^^^Salt of the eartth, life blood off the game. God bless you, we'll scratch your name on a brick.

I don't seek credit for donating to my club. I just don't like w@nkers insinuating I'm some impoverished, feeble-minded fool who cannae resist the temptation to give money to my club, out of a misplaced sense of loyalty. 

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Good for you.

Do you do a lot of work for charity that you don't like to talk about?

Ah, so now it's not so much that I'm an imbecile, but that I am donating money so that I can brag about my benevolence using a pseudonym on a football forum, is that it? 

Just now, Ralstonite said:

Ah, so now it's not so much that I'm an imbecile, but that I am donating money so that I can brag about my benevolence using a pseudonym on a football forum, is that it? 

You're taking this awfully seriously. It started off about football supporters in general  being mugs for club sob stories. You seem to have personalised it to you and become abusive in turn.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You're taking this awfully seriously. It started off about football supporters in general  being mugs for club sob stories. You seem to have personalised it to you and become abusive in turn.

Maybe I don't like being called a 'mug'...which is kind of abusive, no?

55 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

I think that even more now to be honest.

On 16/01/2021 at 10:13, HibsFan said:

The Killie boys and girls have well and truly had their wallets inspected there. 932271151_JackBoss.png.f49932d5ddc5153a297b4be750354e89.png

Fairly certain i saw an advert on Hibs TV asking the fans to raise cash for their transfer budget at half time of the game on saturday. How is this any different?

Seems they have raised over 18k . I’m sure the extra funds can be put to good use. 

2 hours ago, Ralstonite said:

idiot GIF

48 minutes ago, superkillieaway said:

Fairly certain i saw an advert on Hibs TV asking the fans to raise cash for their transfer budget at half time of the game on saturday. How is this any different?

Seems they have raised over 18k . I’m sure the extra funds can be put to good use. 

The difference is that I think both are shit and taking fans for mugs, and don't like Hibs for doing it either.